How About Tyrod Taylor ?

moshermw

Joined to post this after reading all the support for Darrell Bevell as HC/OC and looking at the QB FA landscape. pardon my VT bias but ...

Follow me through this:

- Tyrod is a free agent this year, backed up Flacco past 4 years with the Ravens - carried a clipboard behind him and under Cam Cameron/Gary Kubiack as OC's - not comparing but think Aaron Rodgers behind Joe

- Wants to be a starter - bad enough that we could get him 'cheap'

- Do NOT hesitate to compare him to Russel Wilson on many fronts, arm, smarts, speed, desire (and ability) to win

- Went 2-0 vs. Russell Wilson in the ACC (Also 1-0 ea. vs. EJ and Ponder OBTW)

- Holds most relevant VT passing records - dude can throw it - and ran 4.45 at the combine - only knock was his 6'1 stature - read: R. Wilson. As elusive as Wilson - maybe more so ..

- Pre- season is what it is but he's all but undefeated. Only chance he gets to play because Joe never gets hurt - and is the highly paid face of the Ravens franchise - unbenchable.

- All 4 seasons Baltimore brought in someone to un-seed him as backup - beat these quarterbacks out:

Dennis Dixon

Keith Wenning

Caleb Heinie

Curtis Painter

Not saying he's our next Jim Kelley or even Russell Wilson but the Bills need a 'gapper' till we can get a franchise guy in the draft like Teddy Bridegwater or Bortles.

One cannot underestimate his desire to start in the NFL. Most folks thought he should just be a punt returner/slot guy and move on. Refused cuz that wasn't his goal.

I say bring Tyrod in and let him compete with EJ ...again.

Outcome was all Tyrod at VT.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joined to post this after reading all the support for Darrell Bevell as HC/OC and looking at the QB FA landscape. pardon my VT bias but ...

Follow me through this:

- Tyrod is a free agent this year, backed up Flacco past 4 years with the Ravens - carried a clipboard behind him and under Cam Cameron/Gary Kubiack as OC's - not comparing but think Aaron Rodgers behind Joe

- Wants to be a starter - bad enough that we could get him 'cheap'

- Do NOT hesitate to compare him to Russel Wilson on many fronts, arm, smarts, speed, desire (and ability) to win

- Went 2-0 vs. Russell Wilson in the ACC (Also 1-0 ea. vs. EJ and Ponder OBTW)

- Holds most relevant VT passing records - dude can throw it - and ran 4.45 at the combine - only knock was his 6'1 stature - read: R. Wilson. As elusive as Wilson - maybe more so ..

- Pre- season is what it is but he's all but undefeated. Only chance he gets to play because Joe never gets hurt - and is the highly paid face of the Ravens franchise - unbenchable.

- All 4 seasons Baltimore brought in someone to un-seed him as backup - beat these quarterbacks out:

Dennis Dixon

Keith Wenning

Caleb Heinie

Curtis Painter

Not saying he's our next Jim Kelley or even Russell Wilson but the Bills need a 'gapper' till we can get a franchise guy in the draft like Teddy Bridegwater or Bortles.

One cannot underestimate his desire to start in the NFL. Most folks thought he should just be a punt returner/slot guy and move on. Refused cuz that wasn't his goal.

I say bring Tyrod in and let him compete with EJ ...again.

Outcome was all Tyrod at VT.

NO!

Can we at least come ups with realistic prospects :doh:

He's a greedy jerk that cares more about his own stats than the game itself. Go back & watch some of his VT games & you'll see some wide open Receivers & TEs down field & Tyrod will look right at them & then take off running even though he doesn't have to. No thank you.

if he was viable he'd probably be on a roster.

That's the part where he's belonged to the Ravens, i.e., non-free agent.

NO!

Can we at least come ups with realistic prospects :doh:

Not sure how this isn't realistic .. or .. a prospect ?

4 years in the league 1 spot behind a franchise QB, ready to tryout somewhere ?

Can't see the harm in a look.

He beat out Curtis Painter and Dennis Dixon huh?

Jeff Tuel could do that.

He's a good athlete but his resume is sooooooo limited to think he has a snowballs chance to start here.

So could he beat out Tuel ?

Why not look ?

Picture this:

1. Darrell Bevell - runs the Seahawks Offense with Russell Wilson

2. T. Taylor - as strong/accurate/ arm, faster and more elusive than RW - been in the league longer under a GOOD (read: Super Bowl) system - can't WAIT to start and learn under someone like DB.

3. CJ Spiller (Seahawks have NOTHING like him)

4. Sammy Watkins (see 3)

5. Marquise Goodwin (see 4)

6. Freddy Jackson/Bryce Brown/Boobie = 3 Marshawns

That D with Kiko back...

OL, OL, OL first 3 (2) rounds

Championship !- with zero trades or deals other than bringing Tyrod for 1/2 of Orton $.

EJ = quality backup or TT vice versa

Never heard of him before. Interesting.

He's been behind Flacco for 4 years. Joe never gets hurt. Would never go there but it's sort of like Aaron Rodgers behind Favre. Held the clipboard.

6th Rounder - biggest knocks were reading D's and too short (6'1).

VT QB coaching has been a$$ since VIck (left after 2 years). Still he holds all VT passing records - broke Don Strock's. Is as fast as Russell Wilson if not faster.

Has worked under Flacco and OC's Cam Cameron and Gary Kubiak last 4 years. Bet he can read NFL D's now.

I say just bring him in for a look at least - that you've never heard of him is the beauty of it.

I don't know much about him, but I like the thinking behind it.

It's basically EJM, or find a guy that hasn't had a chance to play, that's been sitting the bench behind a "franchise" QB. The old vets that have lost their job (like Orton, Foles, Kolb, Fitz,...on and on) aren't gonna make it.

Any rookie, even a 1st rounder, would likely need at least a couple seasons to be ready to lead a team to the playoffs.

Edited by HoF Watkins

It's basically EJM, or find a guy that hasn't had a chance to play, that's been sitting the bench behind a "franchise" QB. The old vets that have lost their job (like Orton, Foles, Kolb, Fitz,...on and on) aren't gonna make it.

Any rookie, even a 1st rounder, would likely need at least a couple seasons to be ready to lead a team to the playoffs.

H

How exactly is Foles an old vet who lost his job? He's been in the league like one more year than Manuel.