Who will Pollian get for QB ?

It will be Kirk Cousins. Very high on him. Polian said he was worth a 1st round pick before this season. Believes he is a franchise QB. 4 300 yard games in just 9 starts. Very good leader.

But now that Cousin's has actually played again and worked his way down to #3 on the depth chart, I'd be concerned about trading anything of much value for him.

No idea who the Bills will find for QB. I have to trust Polian as a better alternative to the guys who have been making that call the past few years. It is true Polian has had some luck in that regard, and maybe wasn't the QB genius many believe him to be. But he has had several successful QB decisions. I'll take that, luck or not.

I doubt it will be Polian's call.

It's going to be a combination of Whaley, Polian, the new HC and new OC discussing pros and cons of 20 different guys, along with phone calls with GMs of other teams and agents, with Whaley the one making the final call.

If Whaley is still with the team. I hope that is the case. But before the move is made, we are just guessing at whose call that will be.

I doubt it will be Polian's call.

It's going to be a combination of Whaley, Polian, the new HC and new OC discussing pros and cons of 20 different guys, along with phone calls with GMs of other teams and agents, with Whaley the one making the final call.

Kelly:

Bill Polian is a five time NFL Executive of The Year and is a lock to be enshrined in the Hall of Fame.

There is NO way Whaley will be making the final calls in the football department, especially as it relates to BIG IMPORTANT ones.

Not endorsing this but Bucs are likely taking Marriota so Glennon will be available on the cheap.

I don't hate Glennon. He is a bit thin, but that doesn't necessarily disqualify him.

Kelly:

Bill Polian is a five time NFL Executive of The Year and is a lock to be enshrined in the Hall of Fame.

There is NO way Whaley will be making the final calls in the football department, especially as it relates to BIG IMPORTANT ones.

There is every way that will happen. Polian is not going to be GM. That's the big difference. He's not coming in to take that job. He would have been furious if when he was GM of any of the three teams that he worked for and the guy in his position told him what to do. He will advise the GM, which is 95% going to be Whaley. Polian isn't going to be studying film and scouting Bowl games. That is what a GM does.

There is every way that will happen. Polian is not going to be GM. That's the big difference. He's not coming in to take that job. He would have been furious if when he was GM of any of the three teams that he worked for and the guy in his position told him what to do. He will advise the GM, which is 95% going to be Whaley. Polian isn't going to be studying film and scouting Bowl games. That is what a GM does.

Agreed. But not sure if the GM will be Whaley at this point. But he can heavily influence the pick. The closer the guy is to Polian the more that "advice" will influence the pick, IMO.