Rush 2015 Tour Thread

Gugny

Looks like it's a go and a couple dates have been leaked.

I know there is a handful of Rush fans on TBD, so if you get tickets to a show, post it here and write a review (no complete set lists, please) after you go.

I haven't seen them since 1987 (Hold Your Fire) and I think I'm going to make them one of my shows this year. Psyched!

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/rush-2015-tour-leak/

From what I can tell, it's only a few shows, but it looks good for a full blown tour. I'll see them every chance I get now, it won't be long before they won't be able to put out the same quality of music live, at which point, they all say they will stop touring...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

DAMMIT! I should have read further down in the email - fan presale for Buffalo started on Friday and it's already sold out! Somebody's trying to sell front row tix for $1600 each tho...

A few seats available on the floor, row 7 and 8 for $325 each....I really want to buy these and scalp them, but too risky...

There's always this:

2015 Weekends on Webster

Tremont and Sweeney Streets, N. Tonawanda

June 27th to August 8th

Sat. July 18th Lotus Land - Winner of RushCon 2014 - The BEST Rush

Tribute you will ever experience - from Massachusetts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdPcuR_7p7s

Edited by ricojes

The set list from last night's show is outstanding.

Link:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/2015/bok-center-tulsa-ok-33c8187d.html

I really hope they are physically up to this, because that lineup is outrageous.

I was hoping this would get posted. Lakeside Park??? Sick!

I was really hoping they'd play all 4 parts of the Fear trilogy.

Looks like the next show, they replaced Animate with How It Is, Distant Early Warning with Between The Wheels, and Red Barchetta with The Camera Eye.

Then the next night they played Animate, YYZ and Natural Science. So they're definitely mixing it up each night.

Looks like the next show, they replaced Animate with How It Is, Distant Early Warning with Between The Wheels, and Red Barchetta with The Camera Eye.

Then the next night they played Animate, YYZ and Natural Science. So they're definitely mixing it up each night.

That is great. No one can be a spoiler.

This is the setlist from the only time I saw them. Note that they opened with Big Money. Back then, it was "a given" that they would open with Spirit of Radio. The entire crowd had no idea what to do, it seemed, when they busted out Big Money. I, for one, was hugely disappointed. But still a great show.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/1987/rpi-fieldhouse-troy-ny-53d18b71.html

That is great. No one can be a spoiler.

This is the setlist from the only time I saw them. Note that they opened with Big Money. Back then, it was "a given" that they would open with Spirit of Radio. The entire crowd had no idea what to do, it seemed, when they busted out Big Money. I, for one, was hugely disappointed. But still a great show.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/1987/rpi-fieldhouse-troy-ny-53d18b71.html

This was my first time seeing them.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/1978/halifax-metro-centre-halifax-ns-canada-63d9061f.html

I think next month will be something like 34 times.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/1978/halifax-metro-centre-halifax-ns-canada-63d9061f.html

My God, what a setlist. Epic, really. I wish I had seen them earlier than I did. I'm a bigger Moving Pictures/prior Rush fan. By '87, Geddy could no longer hit the shrieking high notes that I loved. The stuff they sang from 2112 (my favorite album ... I think), he kind of talk-sang. I think it's why I never saw them again. But I will see them again. I just can't do the Montreal show for this tour.

AFTK Tour was my first too! This tour stop certainly is in the 20's for seeing them . . .

BTW, anyone using the twitter app Periscope? there have been a few people streaming each show live. video quality is poor at best, but it's pretty cool. Search for #R40 . . .

As long as they hold onto Cygnus and Xanadu, I'll be happy. They could jam out with One Direction for the rest of the show as far as I care.

• 4 weeks later...

Not much of a review of the show. He talked more about the people in the audience than about the band's performance. And what does this mean? "The virtuosic life has taken a toll on the bodies of two-thirds of the band." They are musicians not hockey players eh? And which two was he referring to?

I'd rather hear from someone here that actually attended the show.

Not much of a review of the show. He talked more about the people in the audience than about the band's performance. And what does this mean? "The virtuosic life has taken a toll on the bodies of two-thirds of the band." They are musicians not hockey players eh? And which two was he referring to?

Neil has tendonitis in his elbows and Alex is hitting the arthritis wall.

Couldn't tell by the way they played though. They really pulled out all the stops.

Oh, and the equipment. The walls of amps, the paisley guitars, the double necks... Home run.

Heres the full setlist:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/2015/first-niagara-center-buffalo-ny-3c9d12b.html

Edited by sodbuster

Exactly, that's why I asked...

I put on my amateur journalist hat for writing my review:

“Listen to my music

And hear what it can do.

There’s something here that says ‘strong is life’

I know it will reach you”

Rush’s 40th birthday walk down memory lane certainly reached a packed First Niagara Center in Buffalo last night. Their set-list started with songs from their most recent release, Clockwork Angels, and worked backwards through their catalog until they brought the house down with ‘Working Man’ from their self-titled debut album. In between was 2+ hours of Rush-fan heaven: a powerful collection of songs – some well-known (Tom Sawyer, Spirit of Radio) and some fairly obscure (Lakeside Park hasn’t been played live since 1978).

The set-list wasn’t the only cue that we were being brought back in time. The stage set itself was transformed throughout the show, beginning as the steampunk vision from Clockwork Angels but changing to walls of amplifiers which were gradually reduced until at the end there was only 1 each for Alex and Geddy, propped on cafeteria chairs in front of a video backdrop of a high-school gymnasium. Neil Peart’s drum kit for the 2nd half of the show was his classic double-bass set from the 70s. Alex and Geddy even played their classic double-neck instruments, and ended up with barely decorated wooden ones at the end.

There are rumors that this will be the band’s final large-scale tour. They certainly gave mixed signals. After they left the stage came a video montage of members saying goodbye to crowds over the last 40 years. Then a short film of the band trying to get into their dressing room but being blocked by images from their albums come to life, which ended with the band literally walking off alone into the sunset-like bowels of an auditorium, muttering to themselves as to where they could get a drink.

But the signals they gave on the stage told a different story. This is a band at the top of their game. The unrivaled musical talent goes without saying. They were full of energy. Any worries that Geddy Lee’s voice could no longer hit those high notes of his youth were completely put to rest. While touring (the way Rush does it) takes a physical toll on the band, it’s obvious to anyone watching that the joy of the performance is still there.

What struck me most about this performance was the transformation of the earlier songs. Playing what are comparatively basic songs with their current level of musicianship and arrangement yielded a very compelling picture of what the band has achieved. They rock harder now than they did as 20-year-olds.

I left the arena saying “that can’t be it – they can’t be done”. I hope that’s true. One final hopeful note – the graphic on the screens at the end showed ‘R40+’.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

Exactly, that's why I asked...

Oh you were asking the writer of the article. I thought you were just asking in general. :lol: And what does Neil and Alex's issues have to do with their virtuosity? It has mostly to do with getting old. I have major degeneration in my back and that's from years of working on my feet, skiing and just not longer being a spring chicken. There are plenty of 60-70 year olds that I assume are feeling lots of aches and pains but are still touring.

I put on my amateur journalist hat for writing my review:

That review made me seriously regret not getting tickets to the Montreal show. God, I hope they've got another tour or two in them.

That review made me seriously regret not getting tickets to the Montreal show. God, I hope they've got another tour or two in them.

Go. Dude. Just go. The guy who sat next to me said he got that single seat yesterday from the ticket office for exactly what I paid. There are always seats here and there that get released at different times.

Go. Dude. Just go. The guy who sat next to me said he got that single seat yesterday from the ticket office for exactly what I paid. There are always seats here and there that get released at different times.

Just checked stubhub. There are tix for under $30. The show is on Father's Day. At first, I was like - "I can't go to Montreal on Father's Day," but then I said to myself ... "If I bring my son, it's a father/son event ..."

Just checked stubhub. There are tix for under $30. The show is on Father's Day. At first, I was like - "I can't go to Montreal on Father's Day," but then I said to myself ... "If I bring my son, it's a father/son event ..."

BOOM!

BOOM!

What time did you end up walking out of the venue after the show, Jay? An overnighter is out of the question, since my son has school the following day (I know it's the end of the year, but he's on a mission for perfect attendance, which he has to this point). It's about a 3-hour door-to-door drive (one way) for us.

Edited by Gugny

What time did you end up walking out of the venue after the show, Jay? An overnighter is out of the question, since my son has school the following day (I know it's the end of the year, but he's on a mission for perfect attendance, which he has to this point). It's about a 3-hour door-to-door drive (one way) for us.

Show was 3 hours start-to-finish. My son slept the entire way home, and we pulled in at 12:15

Show was 3 hours start-to-finish. My son slept the entire way home, and we pulled in at 12:15

Great, thanks. Found 2 tix on Ebay for a total of $64 (same tix are more expensive on stubhub). I'm "this" close to pulling the trigger. Then telling my wife.

Great, thanks. Found 2 tix on Ebay for a total of $64 (same tix are more expensive on stubhub). I'm "this" close to pulling the trigger. Then telling my wife.

Do it. You'll never get another chance. This is it.

Not much of a review of the show. He talked more about the people in the audience than about the band's performance.

Early deadline, I assume. Watch for Jeff Miers to write a more detailed column as he's a big fan...