Tight end position

Codyny13

I've been pretty impressed by tight end Marquis Gray. In our search for a game breaking tight end, do you guys think it's possible we found something in Gray? He seems to have the hands and descent speed. He played well in his short time and limited knowledge of the offense. The Giants found a revelation in Donnel. Did we get lucky here?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like him, too. He fills two positional needs, FB and TE. He is kind of what Dorin Dickerson was supposed to be (who I didn't think was all that bad either, but we never got to see much of him, and I think they tried converting him to a WR under Marrone).

Might make Gragg expendable too.

Edited by Big C

1) The Giants' Larry Donnell is a FA. So is Danny Fells.

If you like them, maybe we can get them.

2) Moeki is a free agent. Fendi Onobun is, too. Lee Smith, also. :ph34r:

3) Charles Clay, Owen Daniels, Jordan Cameron, Matt Spaeth, among others are available. I don't see them being an option because of their cost and look to add someone in the 3rd or 4th who will be a better addition to this team by cost.

upgrade with Chandler. Chandler is still a big target and good in the red zone. Find someone to pair with him.

I've heard this said for the past few years. He's just not good enough. He's not a quality #1 pass catching TE and he's not a good enough blocker to be a #2 TE. Given our horrible OL, we may be stuck using him yet another year as we have too many holes to plug.

I've heard this said for the past few years. He's just not good enough. He's not a quality #1 pass catching TE and he's not a good enough blocker to be a #2 TE. Given our horrible OL, we may be stuck using him yet another year as we have too many holes to plug.

Clearly you do not know enough about the rest of the NFL. He is around average to slightly below average for the NFL as a #1.

Clearly we have different goals for the TE position on this team.

i don't think we do.

i wouldn't have minded ebron on this team. lets say we get someone like him or that kid who went to cincinatti we all liked. none of them really do well at the physical game in the end zone. chandler in the end zone is not a bad option. he is a pretty smart player.

if we got jimmy graham or gronkowski on this plan having chandler as a backup/2nd te to pair with him would be a good mismatch. an upgrade at TE puts Chandler at a bigger mismatch against the D. Better Chandler level then Lee Smith level.

i don't think we do.

i wouldn't have minded ebron on this team. lets say we get someone like him or that kid who went to cincinatti we all liked. none of them really do well at the physical game in the end zone. chandler in the end zone is not a bad option. he is a pretty smart player.

if we got jimmy graham or gronkowski on this plan having chandler as a backup/2nd te to pair with him would be a good mismatch. an upgrade at TE puts Chandler at a bigger mismatch against the D. Better Chandler level then Lee Smith level.

Well Lee Smith....

If Chandler was a better blocker I would agree 100% Right now I'd be all in on 2 guards and a QB ahead of worrying about Chandler. And not for nothing, center may be an issue.

• 4 weeks later...