How about Marc Trestman as OC?

He, like so many others, did not make it as a head coach, but was an excellent offensive coordinator. He had dramatic success as an OC in San Fran, Oakland, Detroit, Arizona, often creating some of the best offenses in the league seemingly out of nothing.

Just as significant: he helped to turn average quarterbacks into pro bowlers: Gannon, Mitchell, Plummer

He seems to be just what the Bills need now-- very fresh perspective on offense and someone capable of developing a young quarterback properly, whoever that QB is next year.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be so behind this move I would immediately re-up my seasons. If we stay with Hackett, I would have to wait until the draft before committing. Since we won't be drafting till late second, I don't see a huge impact with this team.

I didn't watch enough of the Bears, did he butcher it or did Cutler kill anything they had going?

Unless you're privy to the locker room, it's really impossible to say one way or the other isn't it? I definitely heard talk that Cutler was horrible at calling audibles in obvious situations where he should have, especially in the running game, but who really knows? All I know is that they had Forte, Marshall, Jeffrey, Bennett, and a strong armed QB and they didn't get the job done.

I didn't watch enough of the Bears, did he butcher it or did Cutler kill anything they had going?

They had the highest scoring offense the year before.

Trestman is known for his ability to groom young QBs. We could do worse than having him on board to work with EJ and whomever the FO decides to draft at QB this year.

Unless Bills fire Hackett which I highly doubt they do its a waste of time to even speculate on another OC

Uhh, the season just ended and our offense was one of the worst in the league...again. This is the exact time to speculate on another OC.

Edited by Mark80

Trestman? Seriously???? He took one of the most loaded offenses in the NFL this year, one that I remind you should have been top-5 in the NFL, and made them a below average offense. What the hell is this OP smoking? Trestman is garbage, and Bears fans here were more than happy to see him go.

Trestman, I want to know more about who he has worked with at QB that has succeeded. The CFL thing doesn't do much for me. I don't imagine he did much to help Gannon, because Gannon is one of the smarter QB's to play the game. If anything he helped the play calling fit the QB. Jake Plummer with Trestman is interesting. His Kosar connection at Miami to the NFL just makes me shrug.

I would be so behind this move I would immediately re-up my seasons. If we stay with Hackett, I would have to wait until the draft before committing. Since we won't be drafting till late second, I don't see a huge impact with this team.

I call bs. You'll reup regardless :nana:

Trestman? Seriously???? He took one of the most loaded offenses in the NFL this year, one that I remind you should have been top-5 in the NFL, and made them a below average offense. What the hell is this OP smoking? Trestman is garbage, and Bears fans here were more than happy to see him go.

It depends on what he would do. I would love to have him as a QB coach to work with HAckett on maximizing our plays to suit the QB like he has done with Gannon and Plummer - but not sure how much he'd influence Hackett.

In just 2013, Trestman made a 34 year old Josh "who?" McCown into a threat at the QB position. McCown had a 109 QB rating and 86 QBR in his five starts.

If he can do THAT with Josh McCown, what could he do with a Mark Sanchez or EJ Manuel for that matter? Trestman is exactly the guy we need. We need a QB/OC guru to coach up our QBs. The Bears offense was a monster in 2013. Trestman isn't head coach material, however the Bills would be lucky to get Trestman as their OC.

Edited by 1billsfan

In just 2013, Trestman made a 34 year old Josh "who?" McCown into a threat at the QB position. McCown had a 109 QB rating and 86 QBR in his five starts.

If he can do THAT with Josh McCown, what could he do with a Mark Sanchez or EJ Manuel for that matter? Trestman is exactly the guy we need. We need a QB/OC guru to coach up our QBs. The Bears offense was a monster in 2013. Trestman isn't head coach material, however the Bills would be lucky to get Trestman as their OC.

I don't know why anyone thinks Mark Sanchez is a viable option at QB for success. Can someone please explain this to me.

Uhh, the season just ended and our offense was one of the worst in the league...again. This is the exact time to speculate on another OC.

Yes, hate it when these self appointed board monitors do this, just spout off.

We better start speculating, as Hackett is in over his head. The offense did not improve, the weak areas seemed to get weaker and almost all of the offensive players seemed to have down years. Reading his quotes in a recent Bills article helped to solidify my position--Hackett sounded like an over excited high school kid: unfocused, rationalizing, and lacking in the kind of deep knowledge/experience needed at the NFL level.

He needs to head back to a college team to get much more experience.

Someone like Trestman would be very welcome by these players, and could turn things around in one year. There is much more talent on this offense than it appeared this year. The surest sign that coaching change is needed.