[closed]After back to back losses against KC and Miami - EJ should hav

Jmsbills

Unfortunately we still have no real idea on EJ. You can say he will never make it and that may be the case. Looking back at it here are the facts : EJ did not have full rookie preseason due to injury. He did not have a full rookie season due to injury. He only had four starts in year two. Now we go into season three for EJ and not sure of anything. Where do we go? The free agent prospects our there are not good. The trade options - who know if anyone will be available. Does anyone on the coaching staff have any confidence in EJ? If so, then why did they not give him an opportunity after the back to back losses.

If EJ does not work out, we are in for a long year next season of Orton/Fitz backup type QB's running the offense. Let Hope for EJ - it may be our best and only hope.

Not while still in the playoff hunt and I am probably as big of an EJ fan as anyone on this board next to biscuit.

No. And I am one of his supporters!

Agreed here. He needed an entire season to watch and learn. I thought we might see him again, but get why they didnt throw him back into the fire.

Not while still in the playoff hunt and I am probably as big of an EJ fan as anyone on this board next to biscuit.

I was certainly quietly saying this though, when it happened. Those were crushing defeats. The playoffs seemed unlikely at that point, and we had the Jets up next with an opportunity to get an "easy' win. It would have been a great opportunity to see what you have there in EJ. Orton did not trend upwards after the bye.

I was certainly quietly saying this though, when it happened. Those were crushing defeats. The playoffs seemed unlikely at that point, and we had the Jets up next with an opportunity to get an "easy' win. It would have been a great opportunity to see what you have there in EJ. Orton did not trend upwards after the bye.

If it is an easy win, and it definitely was, then how would that give you any indication of what you truly had in EJ?

Playing him against what was effectively a high school team, and/or against the Pats backups, doesnt tell us anything.

Edited by DrDareustein

If it is an easy win, and it definitely was, then how would that give you any indication of what you truly had in EJ?

Playing him against what was effectively a high school team, and/or against the Pats backups, doesnt tell us anything.

Because that win basically inflated Orton. If EJ's biggest issue was confidence, this would have the perfect time to do it. Either way, it's an irrelevant argument since we didn't do this.

Unfortunately we still have no real idea on EJ. You can say he will never make it and that may be the case. Looking back at it here are the facts : EJ did not have full rookie preseason due to injury. He did not have a full rookie season due to injury. He only had four starts in year two. Now we go into season three for EJ and not sure of anything. Where do we go? The free agent prospects our there are not good. The trade options - who know if anyone will be available. Does anyone on the coaching staff have any confidence in EJ? If so, then why did they not give him an opportunity after the back to back losses.

If EJ does not work out, we are in for a long year next season of Orton/Fitz backup type QB's running the offense. Let Hope for EJ - it may be our best and only hope.

You may have no idea. But am pretty sure the coaches did

They were crushing defeats for the fans who thought same old Buffalo Bills. The team on the other hand went out and thumped NYJ and then played great against DEN and GB.

There are lots of QBs all over college football and the nfl who were never given 20+starts to prove they were not nfl caliber starters.

What I am saying is, there are ways to determine who is worth the effort and who is not.

EJ is not worth the effort.

There are lots of QBs all over college football and the nfl who were never given 20+starts to prove they were not nfl caliber starters.

What I am saying is, there are ways to determine who is worth the effort and who is not.

20+ games???

He's at 15 starts. He hasnt even had 1 full season of starting!

How many are 1st round picks?

So EJ plays and puts up numbers similar to Geno Smith yesterday, what does that tell us? We'll go into next season with Tuel as the backup and EJ as the starter, we are all set at QB? No concerns regarding EJ what so ever, he looked really good in that one game. Geno Smith posted a perfect QB rating in a meaningless game, so the Jets are all set at QB as well? I don't know why I even comment on crap like this, common sense just doesn't cut it...

So EJ plays and puts up numbers similar to Geno Smith yesterday, what does that tell us? We'll go into next season with Tuel as the backup and EJ as the starter, we are all set at QB? No concerns regarding EJ what so ever, he looked really good in that one game. Geno Smith posted a perfect QB rating in a meaningless game, so the Jets are all set at QB as well? I don't know why I even comment on crap like this, common sense just doesn't cut it...

It's maddening.

To be fair, Geno has played a lot, lot worse than EJ.

To be fair, Geno has played a lot, lot worse than EJ.

Exactly my point! His last meaningless game was pretty much awesome, the only perfect QB rating this season. But he still sucks and a meaningless game proves absolutely nothing. I am hoping EJ comes back strong next season, but playing this last game would have done him no favors and just didn't matter.

Exactly my point! His last meaningless game was pretty much awesome, the only perfect QB rating this season. But he still sucks and a meaningless game proves absolutely nothing. I am hoping EJ comes back strong next season, but playing this last game would have done him no favors and just didn't matter.

I am with you. I feel like the tone of the thread is having EJ hop in to action following the KC and MIA games.