[closed]After back to back losses against KC and Miami - EJ should hav

Jmsbills

I am with you. I feel like the tone of the thread is having EJ hop in to action following the KC and MIA games.

ahhh, ok my bad. I just read all the EJ should have started threads and thought it was the usual mush. I still don't agree, but my Geno point doesn't apply...

I am with you. I feel like the tone of the thread is having EJ hop in to action following the KC and MIA games.

Even after those losses, we were still in the playoff hunt. Pulling the QB at that point is giving up on the season, much like Cleveland did.

If anyone wants to agree with OP, then the real problem was still being relevant and in the hunt as far as week 16. Oh, the horror.

Even after those losses, we were still in the playoff hunt. Pulling the QB at that point is giving up on the season, much like Cleveland did.

If anyone wants to agree with OP, then the real problem was still being relevant and in the hunt as far as week 16. Oh, the horror.

Eh, the problem is...we still didn't make the playoffs. If EJ gave it a go and still didn't make the playoffs we would at least maybe know what we had there. I think that's the resounding point. Orton blew it in Week 16. That's commendable, I guess...but now we don't know what we have.

What inside knowledge of EJ do you base the idea that he needed a full season on?

The fact that that was their plan to begin with (except Kolb went and screwed that up). He was always projected and advertised to be a 2-3 year project. I know it's the "old way" of developing a QB, but it can work, and is your best shot with any QB not named Luck.

Eh, the problem is...we still didn't make the playoffs. If EJ gave it a go and still didn't make the playoffs we would at least maybe know what we had there. I think that's the resounding point. Orton blew it in Week 16. That's commendable, I guess...but now we don't know what we have.

If we gave the ball back to EJ while in the playoff hunt, and we missed the playoffs, even more people would be calling for Marrone's head and theyd actually have a point this time.

And "we" as in "you and I" dont know what we have, but the coaches and people who do this everyday as their job certainly do, and that's all that matters.

Its nice that you can say now that you wouldnt be as upset with missing the playoffs, but take a good look at the franchise and the fans. Throwing EJ back in and getting these same results would have been a catastrophe.

Edited by DrDareustein