Marrone Must Be A Genius

Jkgobills

If that is how Pegula is going to run the team, then we are royally effed for the foreseeable future.

Guys don't spend that kind of money and have to accept what they have. Just like a new gm wants a new coach a new owner is certainly within his right to do what he wants to do. I'm not trying to grandstand and said a case could be made to keep or can Maronne.

My feeling is El Pegual goes staus quo. Meaning just like after buying the Sabres we lose a year and then changes come.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless the Bills have someone that is clearly an elite head coach waiting in the wings, I think that Marrone has earned continuing as head coach.

Many in the Buffalo media and here take the position that the modern NFL is all about the QB (I think that the QB obviously is important, but also believe that succeeding in the NFL is more than just the QB).

Nevertheless, accepting the premise that I hear nearly every day on the radio and also have read here, Marrone, as head coach of the Bills in 2014, had a better record than the teams with the following QBs (who at one time or another people have wanted on the Bills or have considered to be better than what we have had):

Colin Kaepernick

Cam Newton

Drew Brees

Teddy Bridgewater

Brian Hoyer

Eli Manning

Matt Ryan

Cutler

RGIII

He also had one fewer win than Chip Kelly - who some here and elsewhere consider to be a genius.

As for Hackett, I remember how last year many were screaming for Marrone to fire the special teams coach and thought that he was kept as cronyism.

The special teams improved as the special teams players improved.

I am not going to pretend that i am happy with the performance of the offense. Yet, I have a hard time concluding with conviction that Hackett cannot be a good OC with better guards and above average play from whoever our QB may be.

At the end of the day, I am willing to give these coaches another year. In Bill Parcells first two season, he was 3-12-1, and 9-7. No, I am not saying Marrone is Bill Parcells. I am just using this to illustrate that it is tough to conclude a guy is a failure as a head coach after just two seasons -- especially after having coached the team to their best record in a decade.

Just my two cents.

Edited by Peter

This thread has to be a joke, right? ALL year long people have been calling for Marrone's head, and rightly so. Now because they beat NE's scrubs, people think he's all that & more!?

Get real. He's in way over his head and should never even have gotten the job. HE is ultimately responsible for the pathetic red zone offense this year. Dump him ASAP and get a real, QUALIFIED coach. The city and the team deserve way better than some unimaginative, unsuccessful college coach.

Posted Yesterday, 08:50 PM

snapback.pngPromoTheRobot, on 28 December 2014 - 08:48 PM, said:

We went 4-2 in the AFCE.

chan went 0-6. But he got Spiller in space.

Perspective and facts are such a B!&%$%H

Edited by CSBill

Marrone has had little to do with the defense except for naming a defensive coordinator. Any football fan could have told you that Pettine and Schwartz were good defensive coaches.

Marrone is the de facto offensive coordinator and also had a hand in the debacle that was drafting Manuel in the first round. As for the offensive line troubles, Marrone benched an experienced left guard in Urbik in favor of starting a rookie, thus destroying any continuity the line had from last season.

For his role, Marrone led the 29th best offense in the league. Congrats.

Its hard to believe that there were 3 worse offenses

This thread has to be a joke, right? ALL year long people have been calling for Marrone's head, and rightly so. Now because they beat NE's scrubs, people think he's all that & more!?

Get real. He's in way over his head and should never even have gotten the job. HE is ultimately responsible for the pathetic red zone offense this year. Dump him ASAP and get a real, QUALIFIED coach. The city and the team deserve way better than some unimaginative, unsuccessful college coach.

This line of thinking is the joke. :thumbdown:

Hackett has to be fired as OC. Even if Marrone wants to keep his offensive system he needs to bring in a new mind to adjust the offense and work with the players differently. But other than Hackett I don't think anyone else needs to be fired. Marone improved a 6-10 team to 9-7, Schwartz put together a defense that was one of the best if not the best in the NFL, and Crossman's Special Teams unit was good.

The defense was Super Bowl caliber, the special teams pro-bowl caliber, and the offense was pop warner.

TThe QB woes were largely of Marrone's own making (and Whaley's).

The O-line woes were largely of Marrone's making-he and Whaley assembled this mess.

Ralph's passing and the Pegula's ownership wasn't exactly a hardship for Marrone.

Losing Kiko had no negative impact.

Losing Pettine had no negative impact.

Losing Spiller had no negative impact.

The OP would like us to pretend that Marrone just appeared in week 1 and inherited this team as is and then gamely did what nhe could to squeeze out a winning, but non-playoff season.

Nope...

I think your proving OP's point. Losing Kiko, Pettine, and Spiller had no negative impact because Marrone didn't let it.

it's funny how fan bases are. While I have read on here many times that people want Frank Reich as HC (though he has only 1yr as a OC), Chargers fans say he is a HS level OC and wanted him fired on the plan ride home from KC. They are saying the same things about he and McCoy as everyone says about Marrone (too conservative, punts too much, takes FG instead of going for TD, horrid playcalling, throw it more to your best player). But no talk of him being fired. And he HAS a QB!

I watched the SD - KC game. There was only one time I disagreed with his choice of play. It was 4th and a short 1, Previous play was up the gut and stopped for no gain. So what does Frank do? Up the gut again for no gain and game over. He should have called a sweep or a reverse to spread out the defense to get that one yard.

Well....here I am replying to my own thread that was started days ago.

Let me add one more point to my "Marrone must be a genius" post: he will get paid $4 million dollars next year whether he sits at home or decides to go out and work. Should he decide to get a job, he will be paid $4 mill by the Bills plus whatever he gets paid for his other job.....GENIUS!

Well....here I am replying to my own thread that was started days ago.

Let me add one more point to my "Marrone must be a genius" post: he will get paid $4 million dollars next year whether he sits at home or decides to go out and work. Should he decide to get a job, he will be paid $4 mill by the Bills plus whatever he gets paid for his other job.....GENIUS!

The fact that he tried to leverage Pegs with that $4M speaks to the fact that he is a Maroon. Very stupid.