The Bills top 2 picks are 50 and 81

YoloinOhio

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a weak draft. Whaley had his choice last years second or this years first he made the right call but may have drafted the wrong player. Everything looks different today if Cyrus panned out.

As for Gary Nova I watched almost everygame. Can he make plays you BETCHA but he will break your heart with turnovers over and over and over

Nova is Geno Smith but not as athletic...pass...saw him for 4 yrs at RU...one good game 2 medicore games and one bad every 4

So basically that boils down to could have been Beckham and the 19th pick vs. Watkins.

While Beckham certainly outplayed Watkins this season, not so sure the results wouldn't have looked much different if you also swapped QB's too The 19th pick isn't projected to be a future hall of famer where as the #4 overall is and Watkins does appear to be capable of becoming that guy from what we've seen so far.

BECKHAM WAS NEVER AN OPTION AT #9!

ODB WAS CONSIDERED A "REACH" WHEN THE GIANTS PICKED HIM.

ERIC EBRON WAS THE PICK IF OBD STAYED AT #9!

Or AJ Cann. Or Devin Funchess (my preferred TE if he's there because he plays like the modern TEs). Or maybe TJ Yeldon.

The bottom line is that 2nd round pick should be able to snag a nice offensive piece.

I actually liked what I saw from Marques Grey as well......but if they want to run 3 tight end sets then IMPROVE THE TE's

Get veteran OL in free agency

Good post, but in that equation aren't future-year picks supposed to be discounted because as a GM you won't be there forever? Picks available now are therefore more valuable than future ones.

good point. I have a feeling Cleveland would have done the deal for our second last year, in a very deep draft, instead of our first this year (wouldn't that have been nice) but Whaley was "all in" for 2014 and did not want to give up the 2014 pick. Edited by mannc

good point. I have a feeling Cleveland would have done the deal for our second last year, in a very deep draft, instead of our first this year (wouldn't that have been nice) but Whaley was "all in" for 2014 and did not want to give up the 2014 pick.

Ray Farmer said there was not an option of them trading that pick without this years 1st pick in the equation. The Bills were not the only team negotiating and they weren't really "wanting" to trade it.

Should be a 4th. It was the entire reason Brown was inactive for so long was to keep him under the performance benchmark.

I thought it was because he is a bum. When forced into action fumbled away a sure win.

I see a lot of Todd Gurley chatter here but I doubt he lasts past pick 20 based on the mock drafts I've looked at.

Does any one have opinions on what players look promising or what position the Bills should use (usually more like waste) their first pick (#50 ovr) on?

I have a few opinions:

We should draft OG or Center. Possibly a RB because CJ is as good as gone. Potentially we could trade up for a first by trading for a high second by using players and then get a late first by packaging the 2 seconds and a few more players...

Anyway, the best prospects close to #50 on the Big Board are:

Landon Turner, OG (#47 on the big board) - 6'4, 314 lbs (By the way, he is the nephew of former Bill, Jim Braxton)

Reese Dismukes, OC(#54 on the board, ranked the # 1 center in College Football) - 6'3, 295 (probably could make the move to guard or Wood could make the shift)

AJ Cann, OG(a stretch at #34, but might fall if the teams before us dont need a lot of guards) - 6'4, 311

TJ Yeldon, RB (#39) - 6'2, 221

Edited by Uffalo Ills

Hroniss Grasu, C, Oregon

Height: 6-3. Weight: 297.

Projected 40 Time: 5.10.

Projected Round (2015): 2-3.

Id take one of the two top centers. This guy or that other guy OP mentioned. Third round id look at QB's. Ya never know.