Pope Francis ain't messing around

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where the left misses so very badly.

Gifting money be it through services or direct aid does not, will not, and cannot lift people up. Only human compassion can do that. A hands on approach with a real human interest and direct involvement in the lives of others. This doesn't happen through government; but rather through private individuals making a portion of their lives about service and making a true impact in the communities of the disadvantaged. IE. giving a man a fish, as opposed to teaching him to fish.

The unfortunate outcome of the left's push for "compassion = government" and "involvement = taxes" is that they've succeeded in convincing people both that paying taxes is a acceptable substitute for getting involved, and harming them enough financially that they can no longer afford to give and get involved on their own terms. Further, the class war, whose flames are fanned by leftist politicians for political gain does nothing but further isolate the "haves" from the "have nots" by othering each group. This incites an adversarial relationship as opposed to a human partnership, leading to an "I gave at the office" mentality.

and this is what the right doesn't ge:. there are plenty of people fishing with bamboo rods working at minimum wage jobs and not making enough to survive while there are others reeling in marlin on penn rigs as fast as they can with no room in their yachts for any more fish.

and this is what the right doesn't ge:. there are plenty of people fishing with bamboo rods working at minimum wage jobs and not making enough to survive while there are others reeling in marlin on penn rigs as fast as they can with no room in their yachts for any more fish.

I'm sure you donate all of your salary that is above the bare minimum a person needs to survive to those that don't have enough, right?

I mean, you wouldn't want to be a hypocrite would you?

Those people "fishing" with bamboo rods don't know how to fish properly; and they never will because you're content to let them believe that they're doing it correctly, and keep tossing them chunks of the real fishermen's marlins in order to keep them down where you can control them.

I'm sure you donate all of your salary that is above the bare minimum a person needs to survive to those that don't have enough, right?

I mean, you wouldn't want to be a hypocrite would you?

it's not either/or. there is a ratio of top to bottom earners that is a sweet spot for both societal and individual economic health. greater that 1000x's aint it.

Lifting up means to make them capable of doing for themselves. Everything you have listed is an example of having something done for them.

In other words TYTT,

" Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day...............

Teach a man to fish, and soon there will be no room in their yachts for any more fish."

:flirt:

In other words TYTT,

Teach a man to fish, and soon there will be no room in their yachts for any more fish."

sorry, I don't have a yach,t do you? I had a square stern canoe but I sold it.

Always room for more fish. You reel in too many fish you buy a bigger boat. :rolleyes:

Lifting up means to make them capable of doing for themselves. Everything you have listed is an example of having something done for them.

How can a person that needs health care lift themselves up? Illness is sort of a barrier to advancement

And Public eductaion...why am I even trying here to say something 99% of hmanity understands but a Conservative doesnt :death:

In other words TYTT,

Teach? As in educate?

How can a person that needs health care lift themselves up? Illness is sort of a barrier to advancement

And Public eductaion...why am I even trying here to say something 99% of hmanity understands but a Conservative doesnt :death:

Heal them. Then what? Educate them? Then what? There are many healthy and educated people that never lift themselves up.

Teach? As in educate?

I take you you've never managed anything in your life beyond a bowel movement have you. And I imagine you've found a way to screw that up too.

From the pope’s speech at the United Nations this morning:

“man is not only a freedom which he creates for himself. Man does not create himself. He is spirit and will, but also nature”. Creation is compromised “where we ourselves have the final word… The misuse of creation begins when we no longer recognize any instance above ourselves, when we see nothing else but ourselves”. Consequently, the defence of the environment and the fight against exclusion demand that we recognize a moral law written into human nature itself, one which includes the natural difference between man and woman, and absolute respect for life in all its stages and dimensions.

He also said that:

The common home of all men and women must continue to rise on the foundations of a right understanding of universal fraternity and respect for the sacredness of every human life, of every man and every woman, the poor, the elderly, children, the infirm, the unborn, the unemployed, the abandoned, those considered disposable because they are only considered as part of a statistic. This common home of all men and women must also be built on the understanding of a certain sacredness of created nature.

And:

Without the recognition of certain incontestable natural ethical limits and without the immediate implementation of those pillars of integral human development, the ideal of “saving succeeding generations from the scourge of war” (Charter of the United Nations, Preamble), and “promoting social progress and better standards of life in larger freedom” (ibid.), risks becoming an unattainable illusion, or, even worse, idle chatter which serves as a cover for all kinds of abuse and corruption, or for carrying out an ideological colonization by the imposition of anomalous models and lifestyles which are alien to people’s identity and, in the end, irresponsible.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner

1) Heal them. Then what? Educate them? Then what? There are many healthy and educated people that never lift themselves up.

2) I take you you've never managed anything in your life beyond a bowel movement have you. And I imagine you've found a way to screw that up too.

1) Then you can f off for all I care. You hate the world it seems. You just want people to die and suffer

2) Hate me all you want but it won't get you anywhere. But just to humor you, yes, I have screwed up a bowl movement before. I was jogging, miles from home and what could I do but try and hold it! I failed. lol

1) Then you can f off for all I care. You hate the world it seems. You just want people to die and suffer

2) Hate me all you want but it won't get you anywhere. But just to humor you, yes, I have screwed up a bowl movement before. I was jogging, miles from home and what could I do but try and hold it! I failed. lol

1. Yes I want people to suffer and die. I actually feel that people who have created something of themselves, created something for themselves have shown time and time again that they rise much further than those who have been given things with no accountability or reward. What is their motivation to succeed? None. They know they'll be able to make it through life with handouts from others and there is not need to work hard.

2. Hate you? Oh hell no. I'm not the angry one here. You're the one, once again, that is call others names. We're, for the most part, laughing at you.

Teach? As in educate?

The only barrier to anything is government tyranny. By regulation and taxation. Without that anyone can lift themselves up. IF they want to. All society can and should be obligated to do is provide freedom to self determination. You want me to be free to work and support someone else by redistributing wealth. Great for the "pilgrims" and assorted vagrants. No so good and free for me.

Edited by Dante

From the pope’s speech at the United Nations this morning:

“man is not only a freedom which he creates for himself. Man does not create himself. He is spirit and will, but also nature”. Creation is compromised “where we ourselves have the final word… The misuse of creation begins when we no longer recognize any instance above ourselves, when we see nothing else but ourselves”. Consequently, the defence of the environment and the fight against exclusion demand that we recognize a moral law written into human nature itself, one which includes the natural difference between man and woman, and absolute respect for life in all its stages and dimensions.

He also said that:

The common home of all men and women must continue to rise on the foundations of a right understanding of universal fraternity and respect for the sacredness of every human life, of every man and every woman, the poor, the elderly, children, the infirm, the unborn, the unemployed, the abandoned, those considered disposable because they are only considered as part of a statistic. This common home of all men and women must also be built on the understanding of a certain sacredness of created nature.

And:

Without the recognition of certain incontestable natural ethical limits and without the immediate implementation of those pillars of integral human development, the ideal of “saving succeeding generations from the scourge of war” (Charter of the United Nations, Preamble), and “promoting social progress and better standards of life in larger freedom” (ibid.), risks becoming an unattainable illusion, or, even worse, idle chatter which serves as a cover for all kinds of abuse and corruption, or for carrying out an ideological colonization by the imposition of anomalous models and lifestyles which are alien to people’s identity and, in the end, irresponsible.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner

I suspect that you and I are coming to different conclusions on his meanings here re economics. I also suspect the edited section might add some context. i'll read the full speech when I get a chance.

I don't get why anyone gives a !@#$ what the pope thinks about anything other than Catholic doctrine. He's not an economist, geologist, or any other kind of scientist. He's not a market analyst or business consultant either. He's just an old creepy dude in a funny hat who's never had pu$$y. Who gives a !@#$ what he thinks?

I don't get why anyone gives a !@#$ what the pope thinks about anything other than Catholic doctrine. He's not an economist, geologist, or any other kind of scientist. He's not a market analyst or business consultant either. He's just an old creepy dude in a funny hat who's never had pu$$y. Who gives a !@#$ what he thinks?

It appears the non-believing liberals do now for some unknown reason.