Pope Francis ain't messing around

It's the celebration of celebrity. That's the new age we live in people are famous for being famous. It's why Hillary and The Donald are front runners for the Presidency. There's no logical reason that they should be considered for that office. So the "progressives" who don't believe in God, Jesus, or Prophets can take great comfort when a spiritual leader like The Pope seems to agree with some plank of their twisted ideology. Ordinarily they wouldn't wipe their azz with anything he had to do with wrt theology or spirituality.

OMG!!! Look! There's Elvis!

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the celebration of celebrity. That's the new age we live in people are famous for being famous. It's why Hillary and The Donald are front runners for the Presidency. There's no logical reason that they should be considered for that office. So the "progressives" who don't believe in God, Jesus, or Prophets can take great comfort when a spiritual leader like The Pope seems to agree with some plank of their twisted ideology. Ordinarily they wouldn't wipe their azz with anything he had to do with wrt theology or spirituality.

OMG!!! Look! There's Elvis!

you are wrong. watch the people in the mass at madison square garden tonight. watch the cops. watch the musicians who probably have a broadway show to go play at later tonight. watch the ordinary joes like you and me. it's not about celebrity. it's about hope and the innate understanding of what is good. this guy is good!

you are wrong. watch the people in the mass at madison square garden tonight. watch the cops. watch the musicians who probably have a broadway show to go play at later tonight. watch the ordinary joes like you and me. it's not about celebrity. it's about hope and the innate understanding of what is good. this guy is good!

He talks good. All talk no action. He tells people "you should do this, you should do that." I can see why the left is now embracing him. He's just like our President.

He talks good. All talk no action. He tells people "you should do this, you should do that." I can see why the left is now embracing him. He's just like our President.

il Papa seems like a nice guy with good intentions. My thought is that maybe he should address some of the things in his own backyard, i.e., the Vatican, that relate to the ills he's pointing out internationally. His company (the Catholic Church) owns vast real estate holdings internationally and controls immense non-real estate wealth yet much of the "mission" of the church depends on annual funding at the parish level. His company appears to demand strict obedience to canons that haven't changed in hundreds of years, but he seeks flexibility and dramatic change from those outside the firm. Maybe he should have previewed his US speeches with the Curia to see how his thoughts flew with the home folks.

il Papa seems like a nice guy with good intentions. My thought is that maybe he should address some of the things in his own backyard, i.e., the Vatican, that relate to the ills he's pointing out internationally. His company (the Catholic Church) owns vast real estate holdings internationally and controls immense non-real estate wealth yet much of the "mission" of the church depends on annual funding at the parish level. His company appears to demand strict obedience to canons that haven't changed in hundreds of years, but he seeks flexibility and dramatic change from those outside the firm. Maybe he should have previewed his US speeches with the Curia to see how his thoughts flew with the home folks.

he's already made massive reforms. rome wasn't built in a day...

That's what drives me crazy. I've met many people over the years that will have less money at retirement because they insist on tithing to the church. Is the church going to help you or take you in when you don't have the money to do it yourself? At least when we give ti the government we get some back in the form of SS.

he's already made massive reforms. rome wasn't built in a day...

Why not demand that he share the wealth? How hard is that? You lefties scream from the hilltop about the 1%'ers not giving their fair share. How hard can that be? But now that he's the darling of the left not a peep about the Vatican's vast wealt and massive hypocrisy. Edited by Chef Jim

I was responding to Rob's and Chef's posts directly before mine.

Of course the people at Mass last night were mostly true believers. What I was responding to is the fact that the secularists of the world and in this country don't care for his religion, but they'll cherry pick his comments when they see only support some facet of their twisted world view.

its funny, people are always calling out religious leaders for lack of leadership and moral clarity like clerics over global terrorism and rabbis over israeli apartheid. And now there is a recognized religious figure taking the lead on a number of important issues of our present and future, including some that could put him at odds with his own following: and what are those same people calling out for religious leaders doing? labeling him a "liberal" of course

Pope Francis is just another liberal political pundit

http://nypost.com/2015/09/25/pope-francis-is-just-another-liberal-political-pundit/

Edited by JTSP

its funny, people are always calling out religious leaders for lack of leadership and moral clarity like clerics over global terrorism and rabbis over israeli apartheid. And now there is a recognized religious figure taking the lead on a number of important issues of our present and future, including some that could put him at odds with his own following: and what are those same people calling out for religious leaders doing? labeling him a "liberal" of course

http://nypost.com/2015/09/25/pope-francis-is-just-another-liberal-political-pundit/

Taking the lead? It's easy to make all this talk when you have no commitment to any of it.

:D

:lol: It's an editorial Clancy, that's what they are for............there are also many out there that are (rightly) praising him........spare us your simplistic 'outrage'

These are political (editorial) cartoons.......................they show a viewpoint that (maybe) everyone doesn't share, but that's how it works.. :D

Clowns-and-Jokers-copy.jpg?zoom=2&resize

Pope-Cuba-copy.jpg?zoom=2&resize=580%2C3

Pope-Sick-copy.jpg?zoom=2&resize=580%2C4

:lol: It's an editorial Clancy, that's what they are for............there are also many out there that are (rightly) praising him........spare us your simplistic 'outrage'

These are political (editorial) cartoons.......................they show a viewpoint that (maybe) everyone doesn't share, but that's how it works.. :D

Clowns-and-Jokers-copy.jpg?zoom=2&resize

Pope-Cuba-copy.jpg?zoom=2&resize=580%2C3

Pope-Sick-copy.jpg?zoom=2&resize=580%2C4

what do ya think he's\d be thinking with bush and cheney next to him?

Government workers have right to refuse gay marriage licenses - Pope Francis

Pope Francis said on Monday government officials have a "human right" to refuse to discharge a duty, such as issuing marriage licenses to homosexuals, if they feel it violates their conscience.

Speaking to reporters as he returned home from a 10-day trip to the United States and Cuba, Francis also repeated his condemnation of priests who had sexually abused children, saying the victims had been "crushed by evil".

Although the Argentine-born pontiff delved into some of the United States' thorniest political debates during his visit, he never specifically referred to a controversy over same-sex marriages, which the Church firmly opposes.

On the flight back to Rome, he was asked if he supported individuals, including government officials, who refuse to abide by some laws, such as issuing marriage licences to gays.

"Conscientious objection must enter into every juridical structure because it is a right," Francis said.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/govt-workers-have-right-to-refuse-gay-marriage-licenses-pope/ar-AAeStMg?li=AAa0dzB&ocid=iehp

i'm not sure who besides b-man will get the significance of this but it's a big deal to us Catholics:

"The people of the United States love their nuns," the pope said, according to AP. "I don't know how much they love their priests, but they love their nuns. And they are great. They are great, great women."

he's absolutely correct. he said this on the plane back to rome while also stating that there were bishops that covered up sexual abuse and they will pay for that.

i'm not sure who besides b-man will get the significance of this but it's a big deal to us Catholics:

"The people of the United States love their nuns," the pope said, according to AP. "I don't know how much they love their priests, but they love their nuns. And they are great. They are great, great women."

he's absolutely correct. he said this on the plane back to rome while also stating that there were bishops that covered up sexual abuse and they will pay for that.

I completely agree.

and this comes from one who can still feel the sting of the ruler on his knuckles, fifty years later.