My 10 cents on the game.....

BmarvB

1) Can't get a win against a 2-12 team with a rookie QB to keep your slim playoff hopes alive, they don't deserve to be there!

2) Orton's done! Start EJ next week and let's see if he's learned anything. It doesn't matter now.

3) What a difference Dareus makes.

4) Running game?

5) O-Line?

6) Halftime adjustments?

7) 3rd and 1, challenge the O-line to man up and make that 1 yard happen like the Raiders did on that QB sneak.

8) Opponent has 3rd & forever, how many times have we seen it happen?

9) Will the Patriots play their 3rd stringers next week (I would if I were them)?

10) Well, 8-8 is a small step forward from the last few losing seasons. At least this group stayed in playoff contention up to week 16 so it's not like the season is a total loss. They're headed in the right direction and improving. Upgrade the O-Line and QB positions (I hope EJ & Hackett both learned something and will be better next year), and I can actually see this team in the playoffs next year. I'm still on the bandwagon win or lose, and I'll be cheering them on in New England :)

GO BILLS!!!!!

to go further with #7, one of the reasons I hate Hackett is his refusal to play power football when its needed. 3rd and one, go fullback lead, give the ball to Fred or Dixon, and slam the sonofabitch in there behind the fullback. Only get half of it? do it again on 4th! Has to work better than the stupid pass plays the idiot calls routinely!

to go further with #7, one of the reasons I hate Hackett is his refusal to play power football when its needed. 3rd and one, go fullback lead, give the ball to Fred or Dixon, and slam the sonofabitch in there behind the fullback. Only get half of it? do it again on 4th! Has to work better than the stupid pass plays the idiot calls routinely!

I'm so done with Hackett and some of his :censored: play calls

Hackett is utterly clueless. He needs to go

I think ej is a great guy and all but next year I don't want to see him take a snap in the regular season. I think we have a large enough sampling of ej and kyle Orton to make an accurate assessment. We are slightly hampered having given up our first round pick so it will be interesting to see how the team addresses the qb position. I think cj spiller greatly hampers the team as well partially because of hacketts play calling. It seems every time we run cj on first down we are quickly at 2nd and 13. Also why is spiller in on pass protection on 3rd down?

Said it before, Orton throws too flat a ball. That's why he couldn't even make the simple lob on the critical 3rd and 1

Can people once and for all stop busting on mckelvin and Gilmore? Both of them defend the 3rd and long graham got beat on

Speaking of that play, no way Orton makes it. We need a playmaker QB like Carr. Can't wait on the mythical perfect Oline forever. Manuel has a chance to mark that play... give him a chance.

Raiders aren't as bad as people think. They'd won their last 2 home games against decent opponents KC and 9ers

Watkins is a disappointment. He doesn't have the advertised burst and shows no leaping ability. He's very powerful and doesn't get bumped off routes once he has position like on the TD. But all in all he wasn't worth the price paid

The whole front 7 feeds off Dareus penetration. I hope he can stay healthy next year, because the injury frequency is rising.

Although I liked seeing him back on the field, it was probably too much workload for spiller. Brown was starting to play better and he was the better choice to start

Do they ever do any razzle dazzle on special teams like a fake punt? It's like it's not even in their playbook yet other teams have shown they can be effective for teams with sputtering offenses (e.g. Rams against Seahawks )

Biggest thing lacking today was not creating turnovers on defense. Kept waiting for some game changers there that never came

What amazed me the most about this game was how many different ways they almost lost it. Orton threw at least 3 more that should've been picked off; Spiller fumbled in a critical situation; and leaving Henderson exposed against Mack the whole game left me positive that a sack-fumble was in the offing. This team was fully prepared to lose today.

The 3rd and 1 play call didn't make sense. Hogan was running lateral to the line, even if he catches the ball, his momentum is carrying him close to the sidelines and he might not get the 1st down.

I've got an idea, run the damn ball using a linemen as a fullback and Dixon massive body.

wtf did the coaches do to this team to make them so complacent? The team's playing for the playoffs and the offense was lackadaisical and mopey after things started to not go their way; no one on that sideline had any sense of urgency: Marrone has less emotion than Michael Myers, Kyle Orton's trying to figure out how much beer and dip he can buy with his game check, and Hackett's up in the booth (how the hell are you supposed to coach a team when you aren't even on the field???)

wtf did the coaches do to this team to make them so complacent? The team's playing for the playoffs and the offense was lackadaisical and mopey after things started to not go their way; no one on that sideline had any sense of urgency: Marrone has less emotion than Michael Myers, Kyle Orton's trying to figure out how much beer and dip he can buy with his game check, and Hackett's up in the booth (how the hell are you supposed to coach a team when you aren't even on the field???)

What a difference a week makes huh?

To me it makes all the sense in the world to play EJ next week. We've been hearing all about his new let it rip attitude, how much he has learned from Orton, how much work he has put in at practice and how great he has run the scout teams. Now put the new EJ to the test with live bullets after a full week of first team reps in practice, and assess if he really has changed since the beginning of the year. If he does well, something for him and the Bills to build on, if he sh!ts the bed, then he knows he needs to work all that much more.

1) Can't get a win against a 2-12 team with a rookie QB to keep your slim playoff hopes alive, they don't deserve to be there!

2) Orton's done! Start EJ next week and let's see if he's learned anything. It doesn't matter now.

3) What a difference Dareus makes.

4) Running game?

5) O-Line?

6) Halftime adjustments?

7) 3rd and 1, challenge the O-line to man up and make that 1 yard happen like the Raiders did on that QB sneak.

8) Opponent has 3rd & forever, how many times have we seen it happen?

9) Will the Patriots play their 3rd stringers next week (I would if I were them)?

10) Well, 8-8 is a small step forward from the last few losing seasons. At least this group stayed in playoff contention up to week 16 so it's not like the season is a total loss. They're headed in the right direction and improving. Upgrade the O-Line and QB positions (I hope EJ & Hackett both learned something and will be better next year), and I can actually see this team in the playoffs next year. I'm still on the bandwagon win or lose, and I'll be cheering them on in New England :)

GO BILLS!!!!!

Defense sucked!

To me it makes all the sense in the world to play EJ next week. We've been hearing all about his new let it rip attitude, how much he has learned from Orton, how much work he has put in at practice and how great he has run the scout teams. Now put the new EJ to the test with live bullets after a full week of first team reps in practice, and assess if he really has changed since the beginning of the year. If he does well, something for him and the Bills to build on, if he sh!ts the bed, then he knows he needs to work all that much more.

It's a no-brainer. Kyle Orton IS NOT a QB to build a team around. Which is why they'll likely start Orton

Edited by JTSP