Hackett leaving Henderson out to dry

Bocephuz

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes.. Perhaps he could have figured that out.. But hard for him to objectively realize what's happening regarding 1on1 matchups with his linemen. It's one thing if he sees a blitz or stunt and adjusts.. But if he sees one on one ( which is where most of thr damage was done) what is he supposed to do? Hackett is the one sitting up in the booth watching it all. My gut tells me Hackett focuses too much on the other team's scheme and not enough on what his own guys are doing

You're right. He doesn't watch nor is informed of the blown or missed plays on the sideline after a three & out... It could be better as a whole but something tells me that any competent QB could make even the most minor adjustment to prevent the same thing happening over and over and over.

It's really incredible sometimes. I almost hung myself after he called a play action pass on first down with 2:51 left down by two scores. Are you kidding me? The Raiders were looking for a run there?

I nearly fell off my couch when I saw the play action.

The entire O-line looked over matched today. That line may be big, but they are weak. Hacket sucks, but the O-line is garbage. The only way that anyone could get them to possibly play better is with the use of cattle prods. With enough voltage, I am sure that these guys would produce, but they are p*****s.

Sadly this post made me laugh....

It's really incredible sometimes. I almost hung myself after he called a play action pass on first down with 2:51 left down by two scores. Are you kidding me? The Raiders were looking for a run there? If we had run from 300 yards instead of 13 it would have been a horrendous call. And Orton set up and immediately got sacked. That's one of the worst calls I have ever seen. Unconscionable.

noticed that too. we were all clamoring for some more play action when freddy started getting some runs, but they never came. EJ does a nice job at play action but Orton isn't smooth enough for it. Like he can't get set and have his timing right. Frustrating.

noticed that too. we were all clamoring for some more play action when freddy started getting some runs, but they never came. EJ does a nice job at play action but Orton isn't smooth enough for it. Like he can't get set and have his timing right. Frustrating.

There was zero chance the Raiders were looking for a run on that play. Zero. Less than three minutes. Down two scores. 20 yard line. That's insane to call play action there. And it took a half second and in that half second he got sacked. That's such bad coaching I don't even know what to say.

I don't care if Hackett stays or goes, but Glenn got burned today, Urbik was awful, Wood as usual, sucked and Henderson as has been mentioned got burned often. Not sure OC is the main problem we have here. But my guess is that if Marrone stays, the offensive staff will see major changes. We need a QB too.

Guys c'mon. Hackett just calls plays blindly, and doesn't take anything into account that could disrupt the plays. The opponents coaches are playing chess, and Hackett is playing checkers.

Oakland had the #24th ranked run defense, and the 7th ranked pass defense going into this game. So what game plan should we expect from Can't Hackett? Yep, Bills with 49 passes vs 13 rushes....exactly :bag:

The odd part of course being that attacking the other teams strength has been consistently the plan

There was zero chance the Raiders were looking for a run on that play. Zero. Less than three minutes. Down two scores. 20 yard line. That's insane to call play action there. And it took a half second and in that half second he got sacked. That's such bad coaching I don't even know what to say.

Yea, I'm glad I'm not the only one that was baffled by that.