Bills/Raiders second half game thread

Beerball

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depressing thought: this is as good as it gets. No QB. Goodbye Dareus, Hughes, or both. No 1st rounder. Sammy is exciting, he's still shorter than Stevie. Buffalo is one of the most undesirable NFL cities for top coaching or QB talent (Harbaugh may take Oakland, no way in hell he'd take Buffalo) so no reason to expect a free agent QB or head coach savior. We're stuck with Cowardly Doug, punting away a season. Brady and Belichick show no signs of slowing down. Miami passed us. The Jets will be better. This was our year to at least make the playoffs. I'm done with this team. I followed them for 40+ years, from the Rockpile days on, as I moved around the country, always with my new local team as my second team. Enough. Part of me just wishes Bon Jovi had bought them and moved them to Toronto so I could have stopped caring back in October.

Depressing thought: this is as good as it gets. No QB. Goodbye Dareus, Hughes, or both. No 1st rounder. Sammy is exciting, he's still shorter than Stevie. Buffalo is one of the most undesirable NFL cities for top coaching or QB talent (Harbaugh may take Oakland, no way in hell he'd take Buffalo) so no reason to expect a free agent QB or head coach savior. We're stuck with Cowardly Doug, punting away a season. Brady and Belichick show no signs of slowing down. Miami passed us. The Jets will be better. This was our year to at least make the playoffs. I'm done with this team. I followed them for 40+ years, from the Rockpile days on, as I moved around the country, always with my new local team as my second team. Enough. Part of me just wishes Bon Jovi had bought them and moved them to Toronto so I could have stopped caring back in October.

Ok. Later. Have fun.

Don't let the door hit you in the backside on the way out.

If Pegula wants to show he's serious about this team winning, he fires Marrone and Hacket tonight. Hackett for passing on 3rd and 1, and Marrone for punting on 4th and 1. Those are losing moves and the owner should send a message that has no place at OBD.

I was watching the game on tape delay on NFL Red Zone, but stopped when we gave Oakland 2 straight first downs by not tackling anybody. Down by 9. As predictable as any game in the last 15 years. Season on the line and can't win. So I came back to the computer to save an hour or so and found out they lost the game. Now I can do something else with the rest of the afternoon.

By the way NFL red zone focused on the Dallas game most of the day. Even though they were up by 35, they showed that game over the Bills game.

Typical. Season.

Next year we'll have to wait a full day for the first draft choice.

And just like you, I know in my heart I'll be back. But this one hurts more than most, and times like this make me wonder why I keep coming back.

Because my friend, that is what Bills fans do. We are gluttons for punishment.

They don't suck. If they sucked, I wouldn't be so disappointed. When the dust settles, I believe the lesson of this season will be simple: ever since the Chan years, there's been a misconception that acquiring big playmakers on offense (CJ, Graham, Goodwin, Watkins, Bryce Brown) can offset the lack of at least an average QB. This year proved that point again.

When I saw Frank Reich standing on the SD sidelines last night I suddenly remembered Gale Gilbert who I think was the only player in history, let alone the only QB to have played in 5 superbowls and lost every one of them. Watching Frank Reich I knew SD was going to of course have an amazing comeback and also realized the Raiders could very well avenge that 51-3 loss to us as well.

So all that came true. And while I'm at it, I doubt that I will ever understand or forgive Doug Flutie being pulled.

But as my wife reminds me it's been oh so many years since the Bills will at least break even. And as she also reminded me, I enjoyed watching them this year for the first time in a long time. That's gotta be worth something and I'm gonna hang onto it.

GO BILLS!!

When I saw Frank Reich standing on the SD sidelines last night I suddenly remembered Gale Gilbert who I think was the only player in history, let alone the only QB to have played in 5 superbowls and lost every one of them. Watching Frank Reich I knew SD was going to of course have an amazing comeback and also realized the Raiders could very well avenge that 51-3 loss to us as well.

So all that came true. And while I'm at it, I doubt that I will ever understand or forgive Doug Flutie being pulled.

But as my wife reminds me it's been oh so many years since the Bills will at least break even. And as she also reminded me, I enjoyed watching them this year for the first time in a long time. That's gotta be worth something and I'm gonna hang onto it.

GO BILLS!!

Cornelius Bennett. 4 w Bills. 1 w Falcons - all losses.

Mike Lodish. 4 w Bills. 2 w Broncos. - Most super bowls ever but at least he won two.

Edited by BillsFanM.D.