Andy Levitre could be released

frogger

The Bills have had tons of extra cap space in recent years. It was an organizational decision that they wanted to get bigger at OG. They didn't offer him a contract. Instead they spent less on several players to fill his spot and the results have been disastrous.

Are you certain of this? I'll have to dig back through some old correspondence, but I recall my "source" telling me the Bills were quite interested in keeping Andy. My recollection is they did offer him a contract, but perhaps I'm mistaken in that. I know he said they were miles apart on money, and that Andy was not looking to give a hometown discount and anxious to test the market. Perhaps they opted to not offer a contract they knew he would refuse. I'd offer it anyway, but that's my style. Maybe it would be better than he thought and some negotiation could get the deal done. You never actually know if you don't make the offer.

But if he was intent on taking the highest offer, no matter what team made it, then I'm glad the Bills didn't spend more than the stupid money the Titans paid.

I'd take him back, though, at the right price.

This comes as no shock to anyone at all.

He was massively overpaid, at a position that lacks monetary value, by a team that's going nowhere.

Assuming he's healthy, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him back here; by all accounts he liked it here.

Levitre and Boling would be a huge score in FA.

Are you certain of this? I'll have to dig back through some old correspondence, but I recall my "source" telling me the Bills were quite interested in keeping Andy. My recollection is they did offer him a contract, but perhaps I'm mistaken in that.

Many sources reported at the time that the Bills indeed did NOT make a contract offer to Levitre, they simply assumed they weren't competitive and let him walk. Tell me we wouldn't be miles better with Levitre and Urbik. Pears is a disaster at guard. Git 'er dun!

Many sources reported at the time that the Bills indeed did NOT make a contract offer to Levitre, they simply assumed they weren't competitive and let him walk. Tell me we wouldn't be miles better with Levitre and Urbik. Pears is a disaster at guard. Git 'er dun!

How can you assume Levitre's performance wouldn't decline the same way it did in TENN as a Bill? He had knee surgery even before he played a game for the Titans.

My source is pretty good, and has a close ear to the Bills operation. I haven't yet found if he said they "made an offer" but it's clear they negotiated right til the end. If they didn't offer (and I believe it was a mistake if they didn't) it was likely because they knew he was going to take the best offer available. Either way, would it have mattered? Do you believe the Bills should have topped the Titans' offer?

This comes as no shock to anyone at all.

He was massively overpaid, at a position that lacks monetary value, by a team that's going nowhere.

Assuming he's healthy, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him back here; by all accounts he liked it here.

Levitre and Boling would be a huge score in FA.

I really like this idea......and draft a C/OG in the draft as well.