Reflection on stadium renovation

billsfan_34

What is your take on the 130 million dollar renovation? Personally, I have been trying to figure out where the 130 mil went to. Is there some improvements? Sure there is but overall I see it as lipstick on a pig. I am going to give my pro and cons and explain why.

-Getting to the lower bowl is much easier as they made new stairways and got rid of the winding ones. I sit on the 50, ten rows up and this was nice. +1

- The new gates are terrible, always jammed up. My son and I got in line at 1220 for one of the games and missed 3 minutes of the first quarter. It was never that bad and obviously was a marketing choice to get people to come even earlier to spend money once inside. -1

-Those damn boulders all over the outside of the stadium is plain ridiculous! Why not put in some large gas fire pits with outside vendors near by? And while they are at it have a band playing. -1

-The black paint scheme looks borderline gothic on the outside. It should of been Bills colors. -1

-The new Bills store is nice, but not much of an improvement overall and you have to enter the stadium on game day to access it. =

- Ah the restrooms!!!! Same darn urinals I have been pissing in since I was 4. They did get rid of those trough hand washing stations finally. -1

- The dingy concourses- I feel like I am in total filth. The concession stands are virtually the same as well, and please don't tell me that at least they take credit. It is 2014 and we were way behind the curve. And why not have heat lamps in the concourses? -1

-The new jumbotron and opposite end corner screens are really nice. I love it and give a +2 for this.

Overall I came up with a -2. Sure its a simple approach, but I just don't see the 130 million and overall I am disappointed.

Edited by billsfan_34

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Lots were paved!!! And, there is the coors experience or whatever it's called. Which is a disappointment of epic proportions, but its heated when it's cold out. Work on the gates And that's a 130 mil more or less. Oh and the new "larger" screen which really only makes the ads larger. That Is a tad irritating for all the publicity it got.

What is your take on the 130 million dollar renovation? Personally, I have been trying to figure out where the 130 mil went to. Is there some improvements? Sure there is but overall I see it as lipstick on a pig. I am going to give my pro and cons and explain why.

-Getting to the lower bowl is much easier as they made new stairways and got rid of the winding ones. I sit on the 50, ten rows up and this was nice. +1

- The new gates are terrible, always jammed up. My son and I got in line at 1220 for one of the games and missed 3 minutes of the first quarter. It was never that bad and obviously was a marketing choice to get people to come even earlier to spend money once inside. -1

-Those damn boulders all over the outside of the stadium is plain ridiculous! Why not put in some large gas fire pits with outside vendors near by? And while they are at it have a band playing. -1

-The black paint scheme looks borderline gothic on the outside. It should of been Bills colors. -1

-The new Bills store is nice, but not much of an improvement overall and you have to enter the stadium on game day to access it. =

- Ah the restrooms!!!! Same darn urinals I have been pissing in since I was 4. They did get rid of those trough hand washing stations finally. -1

- The dingy concourses- I feel like I am in total filth. The concession stands are virtually the same as well, and please don't tell me that at least they take credit. It is 2014 and we were way behind the curve. And why not have heat lamps in the concourses? -1

-The new jumbotron and opposite end corner screens are really nice. I love it and give a +2 for this.

Overall I came up with a -2. Sure its a simple approach, but I just don't see the 130 million and overall I am disappointed.

1. Put down the beer bong and get into the stadium at noon. Take your time, wall right in to the stadium with almost zero wait, take a piss (I'll get to that in a minute), grab a beer and a pretzel (also in a minute) and get to your seat by the time they announce the starting ayers and the national a them. 20 minutes is seriously all it takes. But if you must insist on that extra minutes of tailgating, don't bother to complain about it.

2. Those "damn boulders" are more than just a waste of space. They are for security purposes. Regardless of you feel this way or not, the NFL is absolutely worried about terrorist and other attacks on their facilities, especially when there's 80k people involved every Sunday. Those boulders are a more visually pleasing way of placing parking lot barriers so that a giant vehicle with explosives could pull right up and drive into the stadium.

3. Can't argue too much about the paint scheme. While I agree that Blue and Red would be better becaise of team colors, black is completely neutral and it doesn't look bad.

4. The restrooms... Walk around the stadium and do some looking. I know you don't have much time to because you wait until the last minute to put down the beer bong and finally walk to the stadium, but many of the bathrooms have been remodeled and some have been added around the stadium. I have no troughs in my restroom and there was about a 30 second wait at halftime getting to a urinal. It actually took longer to wash my hands than it did waiting in line to use the pisser.

5. The concession stands have taken credit for years. I haven't brought cash into the stadium since 2010 and manage to buy food and beer all the time. The stands are also new and do offer new food items and are much better than they used to be. The chicken fingers from the La Nova stands are good. The Tacos seem to be a huge hot and the roast beef doesn't look to bad. As far as how packed they are. Again, take a walk around the stadium. If you head over to the Coors Light zone you will find a row of beer vendors that you virtually can walk up to and have a beer within 1 minute. Again, take a walk.

6. Heat lamps in the concourse? Really? This just explains it all. I'm sorry. I said out down the beer bong and get into the stadium. What I meant to say was out down your bottle of Dom and pack up the basket with 10 year aged Brie and put it into the back of your $60k Chevrolet Tahoe with heated leather seats and get into the stadium early.

;-)

1. Put down the beer bong and get into the stadium at noon. Take your time, wall right in to the stadium with almost zero wait, take a piss (I'll get to that in a minute), grab a beer and a pretzel (also in a minute) and get to your seat by the time they announce the starting ayers and the national a them. 20 minutes is seriously all it takes. But if you must insist on that extra minutes of tailgating, don't bother to complain about it.

2. Those "damn boulders" are more than just a waste of space. They are for security purposes. Regardless of you feel this way or not, the NFL is absolutely worried about terrorist and other attacks on their facilities, especially when there's 80k people involved every Sunday. Those boulders are a more visually pleasing way of placing parking lot barriers so that a giant vehicle with explosives could pull right up and drive into the stadium.

3. Can't argue too much about the paint scheme. While I agree that Blue and Red would be better becaise of team colors, black is completely neutral and it doesn't look bad.

4. The restrooms... Walk around the stadium and do some looking. I know you don't have much time to because you wait until the last minute to put down the beer bong and finally walk to the stadium, but many of the bathrooms have been remodeled and some have been added around the stadium. I have no troughs in my restroom and there was about a 30 second wait at halftime getting to a urinal. It actually took longer to wash my hands than it did waiting in line to use the pisser.

5. The concession stands have taken credit for years. I haven't brought cash into the stadium since 2010 and manage to buy food and beer all the time. The stands are also new and do offer new food items and are much better than they used to be. The chicken fingers from the La Nova stands are good. The Tacos seem to be a huge hot and the roast beef doesn't look to bad. As far as how packed they are. Again, take a walk around the stadium. If you head over to the Coors Light zone you will find a row of beer vendors that you virtually can walk up to and have a beer within 1 minute. Again, take a walk.

6. Heat lamps in the concourse? Really? This just explains it all. I'm sorry. I said out down the beer bong and get into the stadium. What I meant to say was out down your bottle of Dom and pack up the basket with 10 year aged Brie and put it into the back of your $60k Chevrolet Tahoe with heated leather seats and get into the stadium early.

;-)

Ah one of those who knows me? Did you not notice I take my son ? I dont think im playing beer pong for that matter im never drunk at the game. My seniority for season tickets during the first remodel was 302. Oh , I don have a tahoe but my heated seats are certainly nice. As for for the concourses, heat would be great and im sure many would agree. I have been in some of the nastiest coldest places in the world and for me im not into being cold that much anymore. I did try the coming in the stadium early, like 1150 and its rather boring. The concession stands in my area have not taken credit and this was the first year. Maybe other places they took credit. Please explain why a fan has to walk around a large stadium to, in hopes avoid a line? The idea is convenience and what you need should be near by your seats. Hope ya feel better Edited by billsfan_34

I have walked up to the gates at 1230 and was at my seat with beer and food by 1250. I know there was a problem earlier in the year when half the stadium tried to get into one gate.

Heat lamps in the concourse? Lol.

Black paint scheme is growing on me especially after they put the lighted bills logos on the "towers"

As far as I can remember the concession stands take credit. Upper and lower levels.

Never had to walk more than two sections for anything i needed before or after renovations.

I have walked up to the gates at 1230 and was at my seat with beer and food by 1250. I know there was a problem earlier in the year when half the stadium tried to get into one gate.

Heat lamps in the concourse? Lol.

Black paint scheme is growing on me especially after they put the lighted bills logos on the "towers"

As far as I can remember the concession stands take credit. Upper and lower levels.

Never had to walk more than two sections for anything i needed before or after renovations.

your logical.

Ah one of those who knows me? Did you not notice I take my son ? I dont think im playing beer pong for that matter im never drunk at the game. My seniority for season tickets during the first remodel was 302. Oh , I don have a tahoe but my heated seats are certainly nice. As for for the concourses, heat would be great and im sure many would agree. I have been in some of the nastiest coldest places in the world and for me im not into being cold that much anymore. I did try the coming in the stadium early, like 1150 and its rather boring. The concession stands in my area have not taken credit and this was the first year. Maybe other places they took credit. Please explain why a fan has to walk around a large stadium to, in hopes avoid a line? The idea is convenience and what you need should be near by your seats. Hope ya feel better

your just not

Dang nabbit

dude. You started a topic to complain about the changes and them not being enough for you. There were clearly changes made regardless what you believe. You also, like many other douchbags, complain about making it into the stadium on time for kickoff but stated that you waited until about a half hour until kickoff to make your walk into the stadium. You made a comment that you tried getting into the stadium early before but you were too bored being too early. Act like a man and make some choices. Either you don't like being bored and you wait but loss some of the game or head in early and get yourself situated before everything happens.

Quit your complaining or stop going to games.

Your bad at grammar

I'm good at annoying you though.

dude. You started a topic to complain about the changes and them not being enough for you. There were clearly changes made regardless what you believe. You also, like many other douchbags, complain about making it into the stadium on time for kickoff but stated that you waited until about a half hour until kickoff to make your walk into the stadium. You made a comment that you tried getting into the stadium early before but you were too bored being too early. Act like a man and make some choices. Either you don't like being bored and you wait but loss some of the game or head in early and get yourself situated before everything happens.

Quit your complaining or stop going to games.

I'm good at annoying you though.

You took me way out of context. I did not walk up to the game at 1220...I was in line at that time. Its easy to blast someone behind a keyboard. Your always welcome to call me a douchbag to my face. I never said I did not like being bored, I said its rather boring going in that early. The old gate system was way better thats what I was referencing too. My thread gave some pros as well. So because you tell me I cant go to a game if I B word I better not. Just because you said so oh wise one... Edited by billsfan_34

You took me way out of context. I did not walk up to the game at 1220...I was in line at that time. Its easy to blast someone behind a keyboard. Your always welcome to call me a douchbag to my face. I never said I did not like being bored, I said its rather boring going in that early. The old gate system was way better thats what I was referencing too.

I have no problem calling anyone anything to their face. And I wasn't calling you a douchbag. I was simply stating many douchbags were complaining about that over and over again at the beginning of the year. The same people that would booze at their tailgate and walk Into the stadium half cocked and wonder why the game already started.

You clearly stated you are not one of those kind of people. That's fine. It is what it is. The facts are still simple. Get in a little early or miss some of the game. Can't expect to just walk in whenever you please and for the game to start the second you sit in your seat and the hell with everyone else at the stadium. You know what time kickoff is and have known all year long. So it's not like it's a surprise.

I've had seasons since I moved back to Buffalo since 2006 and before that had been to dozens of games. 1 time in my life I made the mistake of heading into the game late and I learned that time that it'll never happen again. I made my choice.

The old gate system was almost exactly the same only not as big but more gates. Overall, there are more lines now. Depends on what gate you enter. Of your on the north side of the stadium, it's gonna be busier than the south side. If your on the east side, it's not nearly as busy as the west. Basically, if you walk farther away from Southwestern or Abbott, the lines become less and less. But if your in line at 12pm it's about a 3 minute wait. Pick your poison.

And I still stand pat on the fact that heated concourses is not only ridiculous, it's borderline crazy to expect that out of any outdoor stadium.