Reflection on stadium renovation

billsfan_34

I didn'take any assumptions based in anything. I simply stated that some things have changed and not all of then benefit everyone invilved. If you ised to have a small gate to enter that nobody knew about, chances are it hurts you. That doesn't mean you can't make it I to the game in time. As I stated before and have dozens of times in my almost 10k posts on this site, 10 extra minutes at your tailgate pounding beers or doing whatever the hell you do, could cost you 30 minutes or more because you... Along with the other 50+ thousand fans have the same exact idea.

I stated if you don't like being bored, yiu have a decision to make. Be bored or miss part of the game. Or maybe, just maybe you can take your time one game day and venture off to find another source for entrance.

I never said anything about getting into the stadium just to get the food. I simply stated if you get there a little early, it gives you just enough time to take a leak. Grab a beer. Buy a snack and still make it to your seat in time. Why is it so hard to figure all this out? I've been going to the stadium for over 20 years. I've had season tickets since 2006 and yet I've only missed kockoff once in my life and it's not like I'm getting in an hour early. I usually have about a 5-10 minute wait until kickoff. If you are that bored in 5-10 minutes while players are coming out of the tunnel, the scoreboard is showing things going on, Jim Kelly is on the sidelines, then that's nothing anyone can fix.

The main reason I love football and the Bills is being in the stadium on game days. Of I wanted to party and booze it up so bad that an extra 10 minutes is really going to make or break me, then chances are I have alcohol issues.

As far as Hammers lot. You basically shot from the hip about how it's lame after the game and nobody stays and parties as hard and long as you do. Well, you answered that by stating you get to your tailgate between 8-9am. Maybe if you got there a half hour to an hour early, then you wouldn't have to worry about wasting 10 minutes getting into the stadium earlier. I'm probably 4 beers deep before you even pull into the parking lot. It's not a big deal. I don't brag about how much I can drink or anything like that. I'm an adult now. I have big boy things to do.

You like tailgating in warmth. That's fine. We do that too. Heater and everything. Electricity? Not quite sure why you need it at a tailgate but that's fine. To each his own. A dozen spots? I've had no problem getting 5-6 spots together at Hammers. I can't imagine 12 would be an issue. But I understand your need for parking.

I didn't mention Kenny so I'm not quite sure what your talking about.

I've got all the friends I need an could ask for. I don't need a group of 20-30 people around me to feel important or loved. We used to tailgate with about 25 every Sunday and used to party with the Bills Army at times where they had a bus with all the douchbaggery fixings anyone could ask for. That's fine. They were still my friends when we partied with them. But that doesn't make them any less douchbaggery. I sit with douchbags that I enjoy conversing with throughout the game but I would never tailgate with them because they are immature and care more about how many beers they can chug than anything else.

All these things are fine. It doesn't make my experience any better or worse than yours or the OPs. That's why I love my tailgate spot and the people I party with and sit with on Sundays and wouldn't change it for anything. But to assume your tailgate is better or worse because of where you park or the time you get there or stay until is ridiculous.

The facts are the OP started a post to complain about the changes to the stadium in the renovations and I added arguments to everything he complained about. Getting to the stadium 10 minutes early or walking an extra 70 feet to a different bathroom or concession stand is not a hard task. If you didn't like the options, that's on you. But to complain about the changes and then come at me because I support the changes is dumb.

I will take my lump about how I brought up the douchbag comment early on in the thread but I wasn't speaking of the OP. I was generally speaking about others that can't put their booze down to get into the stadium on time. The ones that the tailgate supercedes the actual game.

I have no problem telling anyone this to their face. Of your one of those people, your a douchbag plain and simple and exactly what the NFL is trying to get rid of. Of your not but feel I was speaking about you, that's your problem, not mine. If yiur none of the above, then you have nothing to worry about.

Have a great Sunday. I'm out.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn'take any assumptions based in anything. I simply stated that some things have changed and not all of then benefit everyone invilved. If you ised to have a small gate to enter that nobody knew about, chances are it hurts you. That doesn't mean you can't make it I to the game in time. As I stated before and have dozens of times in my almost 10k posts on this site, 10 extra minutes at your tailgate pounding beers or doing whatever the hell you do, could cost you 30 minutes or more because you... Along with the other 50+ thousand fans have the same exact idea.

I stated if you don't like being bored, yiu have a decision to make. Be bored or miss part of the game. Or maybe, just maybe you can take your time one game day and venture off to find another source for entrance.

I never said anything about getting into the stadium just to get the food. I simply stated if you get there a little early, it gives you just enough time to take a leak. Grab a beer. Buy a snack and still make it to your seat in time. Why is it so hard to figure all this out? I've been going to the stadium for over 20 years. I've had season tickets since 2006 and yet I've only missed kockoff once in my life and it's not like I'm getting in an hour early. I usually have about a 5-10 minute wait until kickoff. If you are that bored in 5-10 minutes while players are coming out of the tunnel, the scoreboard is showing things going on, Jim Kelly is on the sidelines, then that's nothing anyone can fix.

The main reason I love football and the Bills is being in the stadium on game days. Of I wanted to party and booze it up so bad that an extra 10 minutes is really going to make or break me, then chances are I have alcohol issues.

As far as Hammers lot. You basically shot from the hip about how it's lame after the game and nobody stays and parties as hard and long as you do. Well, you answered that by stating you get to your tailgate between 8-9am. Maybe if you got there a half hour to an hour early, then you wouldn't have to worry about wasting 10 minutes getting into the stadium earlier. I'm probably 4 beers deep before you even pull into the parking lot. It's not a big deal. I don't brag about how much I can drink or anything like that. I'm an adult now. I have big boy things to do.

You like tailgating in warmth. That's fine. We do that too. Heater and everything. Electricity? Not quite sure why you need it at a tailgate but that's fine. To each his own. A dozen spots? I've had no problem getting 5-6 spots together at Hammers. I can't imagine 12 would be an issue. But I understand your need for parking.

I've got all the friends I need an could ask for. I don't need a group of 20-30 people around me to feel important or loved. We used to tailgate with about 25 every Sunday and used to party with the Bills Army at times where they had a bus with all the douchbaggery fixings anyone could ask for. That's fine. They were still my friends when we partied with them. But that doesn't make them any less douchbaggery. I sit with douchbags that I enjoy conversing with throughout the game but I would never tailgate with them because they are immature and care more about how many beers they can chug than anything else.

All these things are fine. It doesn't make my experience any better or worse than yours or the OPs. That's why I love my tailgate spot and the people I party with and sit with on Sundays and wouldn't change it for anything. But to assume your tailgate is better or worse because of where you park or the time you get there or stay until is ridiculous.

The facts are the OP started a post to complain about the changes to the stadium in the renovations and I added arguments to everything he complained about. Getting to the stadium 10 minutes early or walking an extra 70 feet to a different bathroom or concession stand is not a hard task. If you didn't like the options, that's on you. But to complain about the changes and then come at me because I support the changes is dumb.

I will take my lump about how I brought up the douchbag comment early on in the thread but I wasn't speaking of the OP. I was generally speaking about others that can't put their booze down to get into the stadium on time. The ones that the tailgate supercedes the actual game.

I have no problem telling anyone this to their face. Of your one of those people, your a douchbag plain and simple and exactly what the NFL is trying to get rid of. Of your not but feel I was speaking about you, that's your problem, not mine. If yiur none of the above, then you have nothing to worry about.

For the most part I'm just f'ing with you for being so unnecessarily rude to 34 over expressing his opinion. You are in turn trying to put words in my mouth......like that I care how long you tailgate. It's funny how you do that....teenage girl funny, but still funny seeing an adult try to create something that wasn't there to detract from their poor argument. :lol:

But you brought that "time spent" subject up not me. I had said nothing about Hammer, it's not his problem if you are lame or whatever you thought I was implying. I'm sure you can stay as long as you'd like so why is that his problem? What I DID imply is that you aren't eating very well at your tailgate if you gotta' eat that cellulose they feed you at the concessions before the game even starts. That's my opinion. This is western NY, one of the comfort food capitols of the US you should never enter a game hungry after tailgating for 5 hours.

Been here on TSW since it came into existence and don't care for people going in attack mode for someone simply expressing an opinion. The renovations are controversial because the improvements don't feel substantial to the average paying customer for the price tag it cost. To me, people spend $50K to remodel their kitchen all the time so it hardly surprises me that there isn't much new to show for an extensive job like this stadium one because frankly that money doesn't go far in remodeling jobs. You'd get at least twice that much accomplished on a new build. Which we will see soon enough and then we will be tailgating downtown at a new stadium in 7 years?

That said, you get a red-head really fast so you should expect people to jerk your chain when you come out the box rude like that. :lol:

He is right, you were a tad rude. Its all good tho I dont hold stuff against anyone. Go Bills

For the most part I'm just f'ing with you for being so unnecessarily rude to 34 over expressing his opinion. You are in turn trying to put words in my mouth......like that I care how long you tailgate. It's funny how you do that....teenage girl funny, but still funny seeing an adult try to create something that wasn't there to detract from their poor argument. :lol:

But you brought that "time spent" subject up not me. I had said nothing about Hammer, it's not his problem if you are lame or whatever you thought I was implying. I'm sure you can stay as long as you'd like so why is that his problem? What I DID imply is that you aren't eating very well at your tailgate if you gotta' eat that cellulose they feed you at the concessions before the game even starts. That's my opinion. This is western NY, one of the comfort food capitols of the US you should never enter a game hungry after tailgating for 5 hours.

Been here on TSW since it came into existence and don't care for people going in attack mode for someone simply expressing an opinion. The renovations are controversial because the improvements don't feel substantial to the average paying customer for the price tag it cost. To me, people spend $50K to remodel their kitchen all the time so it hardly surprises me that there isn't much new to show for an extensive job like this stadium one because frankly that money doesn't go far in remodeling jobs. You'd get at least twice that much accomplished on a new build. Which we will see soon enough and then we will be tailgating downtown at a new stadium in 7 years?

That said, you get a red-head really fast so you should expect people to jerk your chain when you come out the box rude like that. :lol:

Thanks bro, I try to be respectful to everyone here and understand their point of views. Everyone is different and expects different things.