Cutler Benched; Clausen to Start at QB for Bears on Sunday

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cutler is a better option than any QB we have now or that we can get on the market.

We dont have the option to be picky!

Oh and in regards to how bad he is?

As of today his stats are as follows....

QBR of 89.5 with 3,640 yards passing and 28 TD's

If our QB had those stats we would be in the playoffs this year

CBF

NO we would not be in the playoffs if we had Cutler because you totally ignore the fact that Cutler by himself has 18 picks and 12 fumbles hell we have 20 turnovers total as a team .

Where's the agenda? The guy is poison.

Shanahan got fired for totally screwing the Broncos cap situation. Cutler had nothing to do with that.

McDaniels heavily pursued Matt Cassell in the offseason and was shopping Cutler before the two had seen their first game together. Once that went public McDaniels and Cutler couldn't work together. McDaniels turned that whole team over, had rifts with all their big name players, moved up to get America's favorite talking head on the SEC network and had a putrid record which got him fired.

Maybe you can pin the Trestman firing on Cutler in a few weeks, but unless you have an obvious agenda you wouldn't make a case for the other two.

Shanahan got fired for totally screwing the Broncos cap situation. Cutler had nothing to do with that.

McDaniels heavily pursued Matt Cassell in the offseason and was shopping Cutler before the two had seen their first game together. Once that went public McDaniels and Cutler couldn't work together. McDaniels turned that whole team over, had rifts with all their big name players, moved up to get America's favorite talking head on the SEC network and had a putrid record which got him fired.

Maybe you can pin the Trestman firing on Cutler in a few weeks, but unless you have an obvious agenda you wouldn't make a case for the other two.

Whatever you say

I saw enough of cousins in college to not buy into his anointing in Wash. I will be shocked if he ever becomes more than an above average backup. He's Fitz, Orton, even RJ back in the day. Can string a few games together here and there but always regresses to the mean and shows why he's not starting material. What QBs have busted out or been let go by their original team, and come back to win a Super Bowl? Young, Dilfer, Brees are the ones I can think of. Close calls to Peyton, Warner, and Gannon. Obviously not impossible but I just don't have faith in any of the retread options out there except for maybe cam newton who won't be available.

I'll defer to your expertise on Cousins then. Who do you like on a current roster that isn't an obvious starter. I'm also intrigued by Old Dominion's Taylor Heinecke.

C

Do we want to take that chance though?

Is there any scenerio at all in which you guys would be ok with bringing Cutler in?

CBF

I like that chance actually.

I'm not a fan of cutler at all. I don't think he is much of a leader and is far too careless with the ball for my liking

Again my opinion and hope is that EJ comes back and wins the job outright in camp. I think that is the best case scenario for The Bills. EJ has a ton of talent, needs to learn how to use it

Those things didn't happen? Go ahead and find one source, one line, one passing reference which supports your contention that Cutler got Shanny or McDaniels canned and I'll forget everything that was widely publicized at the time.

i guess it just depends on who you talk to.

My contention was just saying that I have an agenda when I don't. They way I remember Cutler and McDaniels was McDaniels, tried to get cassel, then couldn't and tried to mend things with Jay. Instead of being a pro, Cutler cried til he was traded.

I don't remember the circumstances of Shanny, maybe it was the cap but he also put Cutler in instead of Jake Plummer and proceeded to miss the playoffs which I'm sure didn't help ole Shanny

So, if EJ (a guy who regressed from his first year and struggles to put up 200 yards) doesn't pan out, the defense disappears after 2 years, we don't make a run, what's the backup plan?

Oh, don't have one. All our eggs in a basket that hasn't played a good game since week 2. Bold.

So, if EJ (a guy who regressed from his first year and struggles to put up 200 yards) doesn't pan out, the defense disappears after 2 years, we don't make a run, what's the backup plan?

Oh, don't have one. All our eggs in a basket that hasn't played a good game since week 2. Bold.

Didnt say it was a good plan. Just IMO the best case scenario