K.C loss looking more important now ... in playoff standings

San-O

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I normally don't look at what ifs (since if we do that we need to know we had NO right beating the Lions). But that fumble by Brown could be the most costly turnover in 10+ years for the Bills.

And thanks, OP. I had just about run out of salt to pour into this wound.

Also, what about butterfingers Chandlers half-as$#@ attempt at picking it up in the end-zone. Awful. Will probably cost them the playoffs. And also lets not forgive Marrone for his bone-head coaching decision. He should have kicked the FG with 2:36 left, kickoff and put your best unit on the field to stop the Chiefs and give Carpenter an opportunity to kick a game winning FG at the end. The odds of scoring down there were slim, especially passing....... :wallbash:

as winnable as the KC game but w/o the great Houston Defense that is why its worse

I don't know...maybe my memories of that game are hazy, but I remember (not discounting Watts pick-six, and all around great game) there being a lot "plays left on the field" during that particular game...I think that is why they made the switch at QB. That game, to me, was the most "winnable" of our losses this season...the Texans defense is good, granted, but we had a lot of open receivers that day...our offense made their defense look better than it actually played that day. But, it happens I suppose...pretty much every team has a game they let get away from them every year...a "bad" loss. The Bills just happen to have had three of them this year.

I don't know...maybe my memories of that game are hazy, but I remember (not discounting Watts pick-six, and all around great game) there being a lot "plays left on the field" during that particular game...I think that is why they made the switch at QB. That game, to me, was the most "winnable" of our losses this season...the Texans defense is good, granted, but we had a lot of open receivers that day...our offense made their defense look better than it actually played that day. But, it happens I suppose...pretty much every team has a game they let get away from them every year...a "bad" loss. The Bills just happen to have had three of them this year.

You remember correctly. Lots of plays left on the field vs. Houston as well as the week before vs. San Diego.

Orton is leaving as many plays on the field as well.

GO BILLS!!!

Those bloody fumbles, Brown's in particular, were just brutal. The old bills, I hope.

Those fumbles, specially the Brown one gave me recurring day nightmares for the entire week. When we lost that game, I knew that was gonna be the one, the one that would haunt us.

Both the games should have been won. But if I had to choose one that was more winnable than the other, it was the K.C game imo. But you are right, there were lots of plays that our QB missed, I remember at the time, there were at least eight different throws that he completely missed that he should have had and many of those plays, specially the one right before half where he over threw Watkins for what would have been at least a 25 yarder that would have at the very least set us up for field goal and more importantly would have virtually ran out the clock not allowing Texas to score that touchdown before half. That was a big one. And what was extremely painful about that play was that Watkins was WIDE OPEN! And not only did Manuel over throw him, but it was way out in front. I gotta believe that when they looked at game video of that particular play, that it was THAT play that convinced the coaching staff to bench Manuel.

That was my first ever live Bill's game and both fumbles (Brown & McKelvin) were right in front of me. Such a tough loss to swallow, since we outplayed KC in every phase except for these two fumbles. We were already celebrating Brown's TD when the ball was knocked loose. We all knew what an important game that was at the time, and it is likely the loss that keeps us out of the playoffs again.

Oh the pain of remembering that game. That's a game we should have won and needed to win.

That game sums up why this team is not to be seen as a team nobody wants to play.

Their defense will keep them in games and their offense will keep you in games.

Then it usually comes down to a mistake and the game swings.

The Packers game swung decisively on the Jordy Nelson drop.

The Chiefs game swung on the McKelvin fumble.

The Dolphins game swung on the safety.

Nine years after Dick Jauron was hired the play not to lose approach may finally yield a non-losing season. :thumbsup:

The Bills are a competitive team but not a good team.

That game sums up why this team is not to be seen as a team nobody wants to play.

Their defense will keep them in games and their offense will keep you in games.

Then it usually comes down to a mistake and the game swings.

The Packers game swung decisively on the Jordy Nelson drop.

The Chiefs game swung on the McKelvin fumble.

The Dolphins game swung on the safety.

Nine years after Dick Jauron was hired the play not to lose approach may finally yield a non-losing season. :thumbsup:

The Bills are a competitive team but not a good team.

The Nelson drop washes out with the Gilmore drop for a pick six.