K.C loss looking more important now ... in playoff standings

San-O

The Nelson drop washes out with the Gilmore drop for a pick six.

That's not really the point but fwiw...Jordy Nelson turns passes like that into TD's routinely and Stephon Gilmore has never even had a pick-6. So basically only one of those two outcomes was unusual.

What I am getting at is that playing games close to the vest provides the opportunity for surprising defeats the same as it does surprising victories.

It's easy to forget how great Dick Jauron once looked while punting down 6 with just over two minutes to play in Houston. The defense surprisingly held and your body lead the Bills on an epic game winning drive complete with a super catch by Peerless Price in the endzone as time was expiring.

Easy to forget because mediocrity is forgettable. Good teams don't let 13 of their games come down to a play or two in the 4th quarter.

Not complaining.....just perspective. The Bills still have to take a step up to good. Maybe it's going to happen....maybe Mauron has them peaking in time for the playoffs.....but it hasn't happened yet.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Nelson drop washes out with the Gilmore drop for a pick six.

I wouldn't call the Gilmore play a "drop". Nelson had his hand up in between Gilmore's hands. And I really doubt, the way Gilmore was falling, that he would have run into the endzone. That play is getting way overblown. Not an easy catch, and not likely returned for a TD.

These types of things are kind of a wash anyway. Should we have won the Detroit game? Probably not but their kicker missed 3-4 field goals.

Ya, but we would have been better off exchanging those games. Conference is important.

We had no business winning the Min or Det game, or any game EJ played QB in.

Once again, games we would gladly trade for AFC victories. I dare say we are a playoff team in the NFC.

Edited by MoreOffense

Brown and McLuvin. Oi!

http://www.foxnews.c...loss-to-chiefs/

First it was running back Bryce Brown having the ball punched out his hands three steps from the goal line on the first drive of the second half. Then Leodis McKelvin lost his grip on the ball during a punt return that set up Alex Smith's 8-yard touchdown with 8:59 left that secured the Kansas City Chiefs 17-13 win on Sunday

And yet the EJ haters want to put the blame on him and yet defend Kyle for playing juas as bad or worse. :bag:

We had no business winning the Min or Det game, or any game EJ played QB in.

another clueless hater

Win the next two and nothing else matters, Ralph will work out the rest for Bills nation.

:blink::wacko: Ralph.... Not even a good troll post. RIP RCW

Oh the lonely lament of looking back and wondering what might have been if only......................... :cry: :cry:

14 seasons of that.

You could see the mistakes made by each, and every regime before the season even started most years.

The Biggest one for me was in 2008 when Brady went down in week one, and the Bills started that season 5-1. Edwards went down in Arizona with a severe concussion, and was never quite the same after that. That was the year of Turk Schonert as OC, and Nathaniel Hackett as OQC coach.

I'm onboard as thinking our 8-6 record is exactly as it should be. One single play differently would have turned Chi, Det, Minn into losses. The KC game is the one where our luck went the other way. Houston & Denver? eh, with some better QB play when it mattered and less sloppiness, they could've been wins.

Good. I hope it gets in these guys veins and burns them up. I hope they realize that Houston and Kansas City !@#$ed them. I hope they learned from it. Let this sit in their memory for next year. Let them realize they can't make these mistakes early and think they'll be forgotten later.

although we knew when they lost those games they could potentially be the reason we miss this year, we can only hope they learn from it like you say. I hope it drives them crazy this offseason and it makes them even hungrier in 15/16