Mario

Fredo G.

The strip, sack, safety was a Bruce Smith-like play. Mario's play the last two years has evoked memories of #78...and Mario sets the edge better against the run than #78.

But...But...He goes against the weaker RT and not the dominant LT!!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice if Mario had the luxury of playing with huge 2nd half leads as much as Bruce did.

GO BILLS!!!

I've wanted to point stuff like this out, but it's sacrilege around here. Bruce had 3 sacks and 12 tackles per game you know...

I've wanted to point stuff like this out, but it's sacrilege around here. Bruce had 3 sacks and 12 tackles per game you know...

It shouldn't be sacrilege because it's not taking anything away from Bruce by mentioning he benefited from playing with 2nd half leads that forced offenses to become one-dimensional. That's an indictment of our current offense's ability to put points on the board. Bruce still made the plays that made him the best in the business, regardless. It would be nice if Mario had similar opportunities.

GO BILLS!!!

No Mario-praise thread is complete without a tip of the hat to us Wallers and what we went through during his kidnapping by Buddy. F5, ground up and in the freezer, eye-witnesses roaming Buffalo and reporting on his whereabouts, F5, Jim Kelly, DEERS in Kelly's yard, his girlfriend, airport postings and, of course, the fantastic humor! Did I mention F5?

We were held captive for nearly a week, staying right here for any news.

Yes. He's going into Canton as a Bill.

I remember being in Chicago seeing a rumor he was coming to buffalo for a visit. I though whatever, we never get that player. Then they had pics I was like how nice. Maybe they will atleast show him the facility. Then I heard he was staying over night. And pics of his then girlfriend arriving at my job. I was like wow. Too bad she will hate it and say no. But I couldn't stop watching my phone. I couldn't even tell you why I was in chicago I didnt pay any attention in my meetings. I was on my phone there, and on the plane ride home. I remember he didnt sign that night. And I was like man this sucks. Went to sleep. Woke up and there were rumors he was finalizing his deal and I remember I jumped up re read the update like 8 times and I honestly started to tear up. I knew he was a monster. He was one of my favorite players out there and he was going to play for my bills. It was too much for me to handle.

I gotta get me a box of Mari-o's! Gonna eat da whole box! Grow up big n strong like Mario!!

I have my box on the fridge will not open it and if my girlfriend moves it or faces the front away from the room. I am not a happy guy

But...But...He goes against the weaker RT and not the dominant LT!!!!

The funniest part of that sack is that was one of the only times they could just go. On the what? The 2 yd line you KNEW Rodgers was not scrambling. He was throwing. They couldn't afford to let the clock tick had he not gotten out of bounds.The whole game they had to watch the gap assignment because Rodgers likes to scramble up the B gap when pursuit is on. Thats how he got us those big runs he had. We had to stay home. So it just happened to be Tretter in on that play. Mario could have blown up Bulaga had he been in.

Given the gift of hindsight, and Mario's return from injuries, I think I understand better why he struggled so much his first year. His game is straight power, 2 handed bull rushing. Coming off with the pec tear and wrist injury, it makes more sense why he was less effective as a pass rusher. Swim moves and bending aren't in his arsenal, he is straight ShaQ-attack. You can't coach that kind of power.