Orton Being Underappreciated Again with Bills

Tired of weighing in on Orton/EJ threads. Orton is better, but he is no way good enough. Another bad game. No question, we have a better QB we be 10 and 4 right now. But hey...we just beat the freakin' Packers! Going to kick back and enjoy this for awhile before wringing my hands over Orton.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle Orton is like Domino's Pizza- you don't have it for a while then you think, "That sounds good!" You order it, eat a few pieces and say to yourself, "This sucks. The crust has no taste and the garlic is overwhelming!" You then don't order it for a couple years. At this point I'd rather get a cheap pizza from Little Caesar's (Manuel) 'cause I've had enough of this garlic-riddled Domino's crap.

I watched 1/3 of the game today and i saw Orton throw screens to RB and TE in double coverage. I saw a strong offensive team effort to get in the red zone only to have passes thrown 8 yrd short of the endzone. I saw Orton get sacked twice and go down like a bag of moldy potatoes. The passing game wasn't there because the passer cant pass. Damn, EJ is athletic man!

Im so psyched we won! That was really awesome, i just can not stand to watch them snap the ball to him anymore

So everyone wanted to get in the endzone but Orton ? He didnt really have a lot of time to throw today and we were in a ton of 3rd and long situations because of penalties . You probably should've watched the rest of the game

Look, my point is this. What we have is EJ and Orton, most likely for next year. Theres no FA thats gonna come in and be better. Theres no draft pick thats gonna take us anywhere for a few years at least. It is in the teams best intrest that EJ succeds. Id like to see him develop chemistry with the offense. Otherwise, can we stomach another year of field goals when were starting drives at mid field

Tired of weighing in on Orton/EJ threads. Orton is better, but he is no way good enough. Another bad game. No question, we have a better QB we be 10 and 4 right now. But hey...we just beat the freakin' Packers! Going to kick back and enjoy this for awhile before wringing my hands over Orton.

if we didnt fumble we would be 10-4

If we had Gronkowski we would be 10-4

If we played in the NFC south we would win the division

We are what we are and to be wishing we could be changing one thing as if it wouldn't have effects across the board is the fastest way to move backwards

So everyone wanted to get in the endzone but Orton ? He didnt really have a lot of time to throw today and we were in a ton of 3rd and long situations because of penalties . You probably should've watched the rest of the game

My points are valid and factual. By taking it to the you shoulda level, youve shown theres little arguement to keep that bum in there in lieu of a younger stronger faster and way more in football shape guy.

Carry on your rampant Orton apologist mentality.

14/27 158 yrds.

54.2 QBR

EJ has 14 games under his belt and hes better than that. Me, i wanna see what he can do after he gets in his rhythm

My points are valid and factual. By taking it to the you shoulda level, youve shown theres little arguement to keep that bum in there in lieu of a younger stronger faster and way more in football shape guy.

14/27 158 yrds.

54.2 QBR

EJ has 14 games under his belt and hes better than that. Me, i wanna see what he can do after he gets in his rhythm

6-4 against better opponents. EJ can have the job next year.

6-4 against better opponents. EJ can have the job next year.

Fair enough. Clearly i give little credit to Orton for that record. Dare i say, our team is pretty good. Im onboard with coaching, i see alot of positive on offense. We even saw Pears get all fired up today with the forearm shiver to Matthews.

Gotta love the attitude they are playing with right now.

But Kyle is just gross, and you know my arguement is getting through

Edited by mastershake

14/27 158 yrds.

54.2 QBR

Im not making apologizes for anyone just stating the facts to people who obviously think we should have some type of all time great offense but cant even began to say why.

We have receiving corp who came into the season with a combined career td count of less than ten but we should be throwing passing tds all over the field

We have running attack who fell from top 5 to bottom 5 and we throw 80% of the time in the redzone .

Yet somehow its the guy who took over after game 4 that's the problem with the offense .

In their relentless mission to blame the offenses failures on one guy they still cant even explain why they think the offense should be better .

I said when Orton took over that one of the things that would happen is that we would be able to grade the rest of the offense and we have been . Orton has not played great but man this offense has no identity whatsoever

Kyle Orton is like Domino's Pizza- you don't have it for a while then you think, "That sounds good!" You order it, eat a few pieces and say to yourself, "This sucks. The crust has no taste and the garlic is overwhelming!" You then don't order it for a couple years. At this point I'd rather get a cheap pizza from Little Caesar's (Manuel) 'cause I've had enough of this garlic-riddled Domino's crap.

:lol: :lol: That's awesome and so true.

Too good! :thumbsup:

Im not making apologizes for anyone just stating the facts to people who obviously think we should have some type of all time great offense but cant even began to say why.

We have receiving corp who came into the season with a combined career td count of less than ten but we should be throwing passing tds all over the field

We have running attack who fell from top 5 to bottom 5 and we throw 80% of the time in the redzone .

Yet somehow its the guy who took over after game 4 that's the problem with the offense .

In their relentless mission to blame the offenses failures on one guy they still cant even explain why they think the offense should be better .

I said when Orton took over that one of the things that would happen is that we would be able to grade the rest of the offense and we have been . Orton has not played great but man this offense has no identity whatsoever

So its the recivers? Im seeing a ton of talent at that position. Why did Odell Beckham have like 160 yrds today and score three TD's? Because they got him involved early and often. Odell Beckham is no better, i say again, no better than Sammy.

So its the recivers? Im seeing a ton of talent at that position. Why did Odell Beckham have like 160 yrds today and score three TD's? Because they got him involved early and often. Odell Beckham is no better, i say again, no better than Sammy.

Who said the receivers were not talented ? The Giants are 5-9 WITH the win today so the goal is to get the first rd pick more touches but they also have a better O-line in fact one of the better Olines.

We dont have the Oline where we can play the chucking game and we dont have the running game where we can pound it in from inside the redzone either so the margin of error for our offense is so small that as the season winds down and the book on us has become quite long it becomes harder and harder to do the thing the few things we are good at

Who said the receivers were not talented ? The Giants are 5-9 WITH the win today so the goal is to get the first rd pick more touches but they also have a better O-line in fact one of the better Olines.

We dont have the Oline where we can play the chucking game and we dont have the running game where we can pound it in from inside the redzone either so the margin of error for our offense is so small that as the season winds down and the book on us has become quite long it becomes harder and harder to do the thing the few things we are good at

forget about the plays where the OL gives up pressure immediately. No QB can have success on those plays, be it Brady or Geno Smith.

The problem, lately, is when he has time to throw, he's not stepping into his throws, he's not letting the play develop when there is actual time to do so. He's gun shy and he's being inaccurate on easy throws. That is reality. Another thing, he's not in command of the offense, he doesn't put the offense in better situations, he's like he going with the motions and running the plays the OC gives him.

Where are the offensive tds supposed to come from ? You cant even justify these comments because there is no evidence of the passing game to go off of .

The glaring weakness is the Oline and I think everyone saw that

This arguement is going no where, dont tell me i cant justify my comnents because i just did. Dont tell me that i dont watch enough games. Ive been on the O line thing for a month now because thats valid. Thats actually the only valid point youve made. And im pretty sure you only made it because you read someone else post it here

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/174041-the-possibly-intriguing-qb-trade-market/page__st__40

Edited by mastershake

Because the offense is not just Orton its an inexperienced receiving corps and the offense as a whole is work in progress. The packers are one of the true man coverage teams and they are good they face Megatron,Jeffrey,and Brandon Marshall all the time so they are physical . One of of the biggest things today was the press man and the packers play it all the time but they are blitzing and if you dont adjust your routes and make your reads the passing game will be in trouble . But thats what the packers do to exploit young receivers they get them so excited about seeing the man coverage that they stop making there reads and breaking off routes and while they may get open the ball doesn't get there because the rush makes it first .

But Orton also missed a couple of throws but then the lines blows but then a drop but then a well executed play for big yards that gets called back due to a penalty . You see what Im saying there its ALWAYS something .

The main problem with this offense is consistency across the board in executing their assignments from play to play

"Work in progress"...this is ridiculous. Rose colored glasses Dr. Pangloss.

The offense isn't getting any better. No Progress.

Did I read ZERO passing yards in the 1st quarter?

It's the 14th week of the season! That's not progress, more like Orton is maxed out.

"Work in progress"...this is ridiculous. Rose colored glasses Dr. Pangloss.

The offense isn't getting any better. No Progress.

Did I read ZERO passing yards in the 1st quarter?

It's the 14th week of the season! That's not progress, more like Orton is maxed out.

of course we had no passing yards in the first quarter we had our biggest play called back because of offensive pass interference on sammie . When you are starting players at key positions that are so young you will have mistakes and issues that you will have to work through as they get experience .