[Please Change Title]Chris Williams?

Pete

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can he be a capable starting guard for us next year? Or is he just an overpriced tomato can? What is his cap hit? Can we benefit by cutting him and signing a real guard?

He was one of the worst rated guards in the league in 2013 and he wasnt much better in the first few games this year. I would cut him and either draft somebody or sign an above average veteran

He was one of the worst rated guards in the league in 2013 and he wasnt much better in the first few games this year. I would cut him and either draft somebody or sign an above average veteran

It should be said that the disappearance of our run game correlated with the injury of Chris Williams.

He made the key block on Fred's stiff-arm run against Chicago that set up the game-winning chip-shot FG.

That's hardly insignificant.

He made the key block on Fred's stiff-arm run against Chicago that set up the game-winning chip-shot FG.

do you think he can be a solid guard for us next year? Can he stay healthy?

It should be said that the disappearance of our run game correlated with the injury of Chris Williams.

So, out of 5 players the Bills only had one player who could adequately perform run blocking techniques. Ahhh, I've wondered why the Bills have been so pass happy all year since the Chargers game.

Oh wait, they went into the season with only 3 actual OG's in Urbik, Williams, Richardson, wonderful planning. BTW, "Dud: He may be a former first-rounder but Chris Williams (-21.8) is just a liability as a lineman. Far too much pressure, not enough good run blocking, and he’s the team’s weak link on offense." https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/13/2013-offensive-line-rankings/3/

PFF sucks tho, right?

So, out of 5 players the Bills only had one player who could adequately perform run blocking techniques. Ahhh, I've wondered why the Bills have been so pass happy all year since the Chargers game.

Oh wait, they went into the season with only 3 actual OG's in Urbik, Williams, Richardson, wonderful planning. BTW, "Dud: He may be a former first-rounder but Chris Williams (-21.8) is just a liability as a lineman. Far too much pressure, not enough good run blocking, and he’s the team’s weak link on offense." https://www.profootb...e-rankings/3/

PFF sucks tho, right?

PFF does suck. And correlation doesn't = causation.

Can I drop the "stop trolling me" card yet?

One play now defines whether a player is good or not? I guess we can begin conflating the argument now. The guy's back has been a career long issue and those injuries don't disappear.

do you think he can be a solid guard for us next year? Can he stay healthy?

Not sure...I'd feel a lot better if he/Urbik/Richardson were competing for 2 roster spots along with a mid-round rookie. I'd also like to see a Tier-2 FA like Clint Boling brought in to play RG.

One play now defines whether a player is good or not? I guess we can begin conflating the argument now. The guy's back has been a career long issue and those injuries don't disappear.

Yes, because that's what I said. C'mon, you're better than that.

My point was quite simple: the team actually ran the ball fairly well in the first few games. They followed their perceived plan of pound, pound, pound, wear down the defense with the size of their OL, and pop a few big runs. Worked against Miami and Chicago, then Williams went down against SD and the run game suffered (as did the pass protection that--up to that point--had been solid).

PFF ain't all that. And Chris Williams isn't that great. But, there is no reason to believe he has nothing to offer. I believe Pears and Urbik are both FA's this year. That's two holes + CWilliams. That's 2.5 positions we need to fill. And potentially 2 starting spots. We cannot get any worse.

This FO knows it needs to improve the OL. The best thing we can do is go BPA in the draft in the first two picks hoping to land an interior lineman. As I have stated many times and will state again, even if that is getting a top OC and means Wood is out at OC then so be it. Let him compete at LG or RG. He would win one position. Find a RT somewhere and maybe we have a patch that will stick

If you want to bet a wildcard on something, I expect Kuouj traded before camp for a late pick or a pick+body= move up.

PFF ain't all that. And Chris Williams isn't that great. But, there is no reason to believe he has nothing to offer. I believe Pears and Urbik are both FA's this year. That's two holes + CWilliams. That's 2.5 positions we need to fill. And potentially 2 starting spots. We cannot get any worse.

This FO knows it needs to improve the OL. The best thing we can do is go BPA in the draft in the first two picks hoping to land an interior lineman. As I have stated many times and will state again, even if that is getting a top OC and means Wood is out at OC then so be it. Let him compete at LG or RG. He would win one position. Find a RT somewhere and maybe we have a patch that will stick

If you want to bet a wildcard on something, I expect Kuouj traded before camp for a late pick or a pick+body= move up.

I was hoping the Bills would have dumped both Urbik & Pears two years ago, but then Levitre / Rinehart left and it all went to hell.

I can recall reading that Marrone wanted someone other then Urbik, and was told by the personnel people he was a fine OG. I think the problem with the O line may start even above Whaley's head.

This next year I want to see both Urbik, Pears, Williams gone along with the current OC, and the morons in the FO who think the current OG's will suffice.

Man, I can't hardly wait for the off season.

I was hoping the Bills would have dumped both Urbik & Pears two years ago, but then Levitre / Rinehart left and it all went to hell.

I can recall reading that Marrone wanted someone other then Urbik, and was told by the personnel people he was a fine OG. I think the problem with the O line may start even above Whaley's head.

This next year I want to see both Urbik, Pears, Williams gone along with the current OC, and the morons in the FO who think the current OG's will suffice.

Man, I can't hardly wait for the off season.

gone but not replaced... makes brilliant sense.

We got Kuoujambimibnioliooo and a lot of hope. Henderson and Richardson are there, too! The three of them have looked awful. Well, two of them. We've only ever seen two. But, yeah, lets go ahead and set ourselves back and make a bigger hole from a smaller one.

What they need to do is take the same philosophy with our OL as they do with our D line

You notice that we can rotate starters in and out of our D Line with no visible drop off? That is because even the backups are GOOD

More of that on the O L please.....lets make Williams our WORST offensive guard on the roster.....not the guy we wish would play better so we can have a good OL

What they need to do is take the same philosophy with our OL as they do with our D line

You notice that we can rotate starters in and out of our D Line with no visible drop off? That is because even the backups are GOOD

More of that on the O L please.....lets make Williams our WORST offensive guard on the roster.....not the guy we wish would play better so we can have a good OL

I agree, and take the same philosophy in all aspects. That means no more garbage starters, and adding quality backups. This would mean that someone somewhere in the Org takes a 180 degree stance on where to draft O linemen.

Then the Bills also need to hire some people that can actually identify quality offensive talent. Just think, had the Bills not made the trade up for Watkins the first two picks would have been Eric Ebron & Cryus Kouandjio :sick:

gone but not replaced... makes brilliant sense.

We got Kuoujambimibnioliooo and a lot of hope. Henderson and Richardson are there, too! The three of them have looked awful. Well, two of them. We've only ever seen two. But, yeah, lets go ahead and set ourselves back and make a bigger hole from a smaller one.

If Marrone is here next year, I don't think much will be done with the line, maybe draft someone who can backup wood and could possibly fill in at guard. Adding four guys just last year tends to have the coaches thinking they can get it done with this crew given another offseason. I think it will be interesting if they resign Hairston because if they do it may mean that Kujo may not have a home. I don't know if he bends well enough to play G. Pears/Urbik are probably gone with Williams and Richardson jumping in and whoever at backup G. So Glenn, Williams, Wood, Richardson, Henderson, Kujo and maybe Hairston.(both tackles?) along with a drafted/acquired backup or two. Hope is the word.