What if Mike Williams becomes a patriot?

JP's Voice

Teams may not overpay but Williams could agree to get some sort of reworked deal once signed with a team likely to give him success.

sure but im guessing that wont happen before waiver claims. odds are he passes through before negotiating that team friendly deal. if anyone was remotely concerned about missing out (ie would put in a claim) i am guessing they wouldve been interested in him for a 7th and that reworked deal a month ago too, if it were going to happen.

Edited by NoSaint

Well one thing if they signed him. Tom Brady would make him look far better than he is. I really doubt the Patriots organization is losing any sleep trying to figure out our next move, we haven't exactly been a threat to them since candy bars cost a nickel.

Am I the only one who could see belichick signing mike Williams? Big physical target in Redzone, and he knows our playbook

He'll have 150 yds and 2 TDs against us, easily. Some dude who's never played football could walk in off the streets and get 150 yds and 2 TDs with the Patriots. It's sickening.

I was thinking New Orleans Saints but they can't afford that 5Mil in 2015.

I think Caveman will end up in Bills training camp in 2015.

Doesn't everyone know our playbook?

1st down Run up Middle

2nd down Pray Sammy gets open deep.

3rd down Slide short of first down.

4th down punt (especially inside the 40 If 2nd down worked.)

Edited by Why So Serious?

I was thinking this as well. Williams, whether Marrone wants to believe it or not, has alot to offer as a redzone target. And Belichick has a knack for turning one teams "trash" into his treasure.

And as much as we hate Brady, it's truly amazing what a formitable quarterback does for an average reciever. Besides Gronkowski, look at who New England has for recievers: LaFell, Edelman, Tim Wright. Put those guys with Orton and we probably have the same record if not worse, unfortunately.

If pats are finally going to spend money on a WR, I doubt it will be for this guy. Plus it's too late in the season to bring a WR in and expect much contribution with no reps or chemistry with the QB. It's already been reported that MW didn't put in the extra time to work with Orton when the QB switch was made, and that's likely a factor in his lack of PT. A RB like Blount is different, you don't need that QB connection.

Edited by YoloinOhio