Orton sliding one yard shy of the 1st down.

Webster Guy

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@CoreyGriffinNBC

Orton's INT early in the 3rd qtr was just inexecusable. Stared down Chandler from start, waited too long to throw AND took hit. #Bills

A 32-year-old quarterback with 10 years of experience should never throw that ball. Just awful. #Bills

1-20-BUF 29 (10:15) (Shotgun) 18-K.Orton pass short middle intended for 84-S.Chandler INTERCEPTED by 54-B.Marshall at BUF 33. 54-B.Marshall to BUF 33 for no gain (84-S.Chandler).

NFL.com replay: http://www.nfl.com/v...randon-Marshall

If that play drove you nuts, wait until you see the All-22 of the 3rd-and-3 later in the quarter where Orton dumps it off to Freddie for a 2-yard loss.

This is the first all-22 I've resisted watching right away.

No, I forgot about the Chiefs game. I didn't watch that one until Thursday that week without getting nauseated.

The Football gods punished the Bills for this cowardly act.

Football Commandment V:

Thou shalt sacrifice ones body on 3rd and short.

The punishment came in the form of horrendous, unconscionable officiating.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I am shocked this hasn't been posted yet. I lost all faith in Orton on that 3rd down when he could have done a Fitz and dove ahead to keep the drive alive.

Instead he slid and chose to give the ball back to Peyton Manning.

No guts. When you're on the road in a conference game as major underdogs in December with playoff hopes still alive and you happen to have an 82 career passer rating, you cant afford to play like a wimp.

Jim Kelly must have cringed when he saw that play, I know I did. The next time someone tells me what a competitor Orton is I'm laughing in their face.

He's cashing his $5M trying to figure out how he can skip another training camp next year and wait for his phone to ring when someone's qb goes down.

Agreed which is why the Refs shouldn't have been worried about the Bills winning the game... they had Orton on their side.

I don't know about Orton being a wuss. He has stood in the pocket all season and taken some viscious hits. I think he genuinely may not have been aware of where the 1st down marker or line of scrimmage were. Otherwise, he probably would've tried to dump the ball off to Chandler.

Edited by Bilbo

I don't know about Orton being a wuss. He has stood in the pocket all season and taken some viscious hits. I think he genuinly may not have been aware of where the 1st down marker or line of scrimmage were. Otherwise, he probably would've tried to dump the ball off to Chandler.

Clearly you've missed his ghost flinches to pressure and the times he just lays down rather than try to make a play. Orton is a kitty and showed it repeatedly in Denver.

I don't know about Orton being a wuss. He has stood in the pocket all season and taken some viscious hits. I think he genuinely may not have been aware of where the 1st down marker or line of scrimmage were. Otherwise, he probably would've tried to dump the ball off to Chandler.

There is absolutely zero chance that Orton 1.) Did not know the down or distance or 2.) Did not know the yard marker for the first.

Zero Chance.

The only defense is he maybe thought the Ball is spotted where you finish the slide not start. But that is 1 in a million possibility.

If that play drove you nuts, wait until you see the All-22 of the 3rd-and-3 later in the quarter where Orton dumps it off to Freddie for a 2-yard loss.

Also, on the failed 4th down pass to Chandler, it looked to me like Woods was cutting over the middle and was wide-open for an easy completion (and directly in Orton's line of sight); when the pass hit the ground, Woods started gyrating in frustration, just like the Houston game all over again. Seriously, I'm not sure Kyle is an upgrade at this point EXCEPT for the pre-snap reads, which do count for a lot. If EJ would study harder and actually look at the defense before the snap, he might become a better option sooner rather than later.

EDIT: and as for Orton being a wuss, he clearly is: there were also several sacks where Orton spun around and crouched down to avoid the hit, taking his eyes off of the WRs downfield, long before he needed to. Please send him back to his comfy retirement chair, I'm sick of this crap.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

As I thought, that play was blown up from the get go.

They needed to gain 6 inches, but it was a very slow developing play, in which Chandler didn't chip the DE off the line. The DE was then planted firmly between Orton and his primary target Hogan. When Orton waited a bit for more to find open WRs, Hogan ran directly into Watkins' passing lane, while Chandler was covered and Woods was deep.

What a horrific play by everyone.

As I thought, that play was blown up from the get go.

They needed to gain 6 inches, but it was a very slow developing play, in which Chandler didn't chip the DE off the line. The DE was then planted firmly between Orton and his primary target Hogan. When Orton waited a bit for more to find open WRs, Hogan ran directly into Watkins' passing lane, while Chandler was covered and Woods was deep.

What a horrific play by everyone.

But at least a good call and well designed. :lol:

Marrone all but said they were going to go for it on fourth and 1 if they didn't get the first down. Orton's just not good on the roll out kind of play unless it's a play action reverse roll out and throw two yards, like the MarQueis Gray plays from two weeks ago. If you know you're going for it, I would go QB sneak, even with Orton. You would gain one yard in two tries.