Sammy Watkins = The Real Deal

Haef

Dude is a freaking baller. Had unreal catches against a very good cornerback. There was one catch where he got the first down and would have been gone if he turned around faster. Definately worth the 1st round pick, kid is a monster

Edited by Haef

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude is a freaking baller. Had unreal catches against a very good cornerback. There was one catch where he got the first down and would have been gone if he turned around faster. Definately worth the 1st round pick, kid is a monster

I believe the debate is whether or not he's worth TWO first round picks...not one.

Either Orton or the offensive coaches Marrone and Hackett refused to throw to him for over half the game. It's stupid. Watkins, woods, Williams and Goodwin are our playmakers along with Fred. It's ridiculous the offense is not built around them.

Hogan's not too shabby either.

Hogan is fair. I'm glad he's on the team. He shouldn't be playing IMO.

Curious why you'd say that. He's caught 76% of passes thrown to him (29 of 38) for an 11 yd avg. Watkins has amazing hands and has caught 52% of passes (51 of 98) for 13.6 yd avg. I'm not suggesting Hogan's a rival to Watkins, (Watkins gets thrown more deep balls, which are lower percentage), but why shouldn't he be playing?

So, other than garbage time what exactly did Sammy do? Besides have yet another 3 drops when it mattered? Oh wait...that was Orton. Never mind.

Sammy is the most over-rated rookie ever. He's really not very good. or...any better than Stevie was.

So, other than garbage time what exactly did Sammy do? Besides have yet another 3 drops when it mattered? Oh wait...that was Orton. Never mind.

Sammy is the most over-rated rookie ever. He's really not very good. or...any better than Stevie was.

Ok, you've convince me...

...that you're on a crusade

Curious why you'd say that. He's caught 76% of passes thrown to him (29 of 38) for an 11 yd avg. Watkins has amazing hands and has caught 52% of passes (51 of 98) for 13.6 yd avg. I'm not suggesting Hogan's a rival to Watkins, (Watkins gets thrown more deep balls, which are lower percentage), but why shouldn't he be playing?

Because stats are often stupid. Hogan gets three yard passes all the time. Hogan gets six yards on third and seven, or the equivalent all the time. He gets tackled when someone is near him immediately all the time.

Come on man. He's made a few plays but he's pretty below average. Given his targets his production looks fine, but he's constantly on the field and has been all year. He is way too underwhelming to justify play time over Mike Williams in my opinion.