My 10 cents on the game.....

BmarvB

Disappointed but not surprised :(

1) Another respectable defensive performance. No TD passes for Peyton. Streak ended!!!

2) As usual, those F/N penalties, and Jerry Hughes is good for one asinine penalty per game

3) I'd have went with the veteran Carpenter for the onside kick

4) QB or OC, which one is holding the offense back the most?

5) Nice to see Goodwin back on the field. Too bad Orton couldn't connect with him deep.

6) Bad calls from officials nothing new. Good teams will usually overcome those.

7) Despite their shortcomings, this team has no quit in them. I like that.

8) Give Orton credit. He may not be that good, but he's a gamer. Unfortunately, that's not enough.

9) I ain't mad at em. Didn't expect them to upset the Broncos, and they didn't get blown out the building

10) Believe it or not, I like our chances for an upset over the Packers.

RE #6. IT's one thing to have bad calls, but when they happen on key plays constantly, that makes it difficult to beat a good team. They never showed the replays for the INT returns, so I don't know how legit those were, but the Robey penalty was bogus. Don't know if Hughes would've been called for a penalty if they didn't throw a flag on the Gilmore play, but don't think they showed that replay either.

Initial reaction.... that went pretty much the way I expected. I predicted in the week that the Bills would keep Denver below 350 yards and below 25 points and it wouldn't be enough for a W and it wasn't.

However......

Jeez did we get some awful calls by those officials? The penalty on Robey on their first TD drive was kinda tacky, but I could see their point at least. The penalty on Gilmore on their second TD drive? Horrible, horrible call. Just pathetic. Likewise the blocks in the back on the special teams plays. First one is a 50/50 call the second one is non-existent. Total phantom flag. Awful. Then the hold they missed (I think it was on Lawson) on the long run that set up their 3rd TD drive?? I mean for crying out loud that is NOT a difficult one to see. Atrocious. The the fact that they called the alleged pick a TD return when it took the most obvious bounce ever was scandalous. What the !@#$ were they looking at? I know it doesn't matter because it is automatically reviewed but my goodness. They were trying to give them that game.

Second however....

Yet again this team did not quit and the fact that we don't quit on Marrone as we have previous HCs probably gets him another year... especially if we make it to 8-8 or better. Fair play to Orton he made some throws in the second half, but that was mainly when Denver had gone to prevent and was defending its lead. I have seen enough - after a promising first 4 games this guy has regressed to his career average. He cannot be our Quarterback next year. I don't know who the answer is.... but we need to see at least something from EJ before the season ends and then we need to bring a different vet in. Bradford? Eli? Cutler? They'd all be a big improvement on what we have..... I'm at that point now where I don't believe this team even with an upgraded O-line and TE would be a play-off team next year with Orton under centre.

Final point. There will be people who say "see our defense isn't elite it didn't sack Manning once". Denver are one of the top offences in the league they are going to get their points, they are going to get their yards... you have to do enough to keep your offense in the game and we did. Sadly our offense isn't good enough to take that chance and our Special Teams played their worst game of the season (we have a guy on the roster who can only long snap and he botched 2 long snaps... surely we must have someone else who can do it?) coupled with an odd call to go for it on the early 4th down by Marrone when he himself said that we would need to play great field position. Our defense played well held Denver largely in check and forced 3 turnovers despite no help from the zebras. They deserve no blame for this loss.

RE #6. IT's one thing to have bad calls, but when they happen on key plays constantly, that makes it difficult to beat a good team. They never showed the replays for the INT returns, so I don't know how legit those were, but the Robey penalty was bogus. Don't know if Hughes would've been called for a penalty if they didn't throw a flag on the Gilmore play, but don't think they showed that replay either.

The penalty on the Gilmore play literally never happened unless they just called the wrong guy (Graham).

Edit: I went back and looked a few times and saw nothing.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Yeah, that call on Robey was clearly bogus. The PI on Gilmore was close but as always, those will go against the Bills.

Yeah, that call on Robey was clearly bogus. The PI on Gilmore was close but as always, those will go against the Bills.

Nothing close about the Gilmore call. Shoulder to shoulder right as the ball got there. It was a perfect play which I didn't need a replay to see. Ridiculous how these calls always come on critical 3rd down plays.

The game went pretty much exactly as expected. Defense played better than I thought they would by holding them to 3 TDs. Wasn't as close as the final score indicated, if we played that team 10 times we would maybe win once.

Who knows... Orton has become the new Captain Checkdown and makes it no secret as to who he is going to. And a QB that doesn't do these things might allow Hackett to open it up but maybe a better OC will help make up for Orton's shortcomings.

8) Give Orton credit. He may not be that good, but he's a gamer. Unfortunately, that's not enough.

Would a gamer slide 3 yards short of the first down when he has a chance to dive and at least reach the ball out there

Final point. There will be people who say "see our defense isn't elite it didn't sack Manning once". Denver are one of the top offences in the league they are going to get their points, they are going to get their yards... you have to do enough to keep your offense in the game and we did. Sadly our offense isn't good enough to take that chance and our Special Teams played their worst game of the season (we have a guy on the roster who can only long snap and he botched 2 long snaps... surely we must have someone else who can do it?) coupled with an odd call to go for it on the early 4th down by Marrone when he himself said that we would need to play great field position. Our defense played well held Denver largely in check and forced 3 turnovers despite no help from the zebras. They deserve no blame for this loss.

I agree with you completely on that. They held the great Peyton without a TD pass, and got a couple picks - nuff said!

Would a gamer slide 3 yards short of the first down when he has a chance to dive and at least reach the ball out there

Orton sukks on the run, but yes, he's a gamer. I will say this for him, when he's hot, he's very good. But when he's not, he sukks, swallows, and chokes on the footlong.

The penalty on the Gilmore play literally never happened unless they just called the wrong guy (Graham).

Edit: I went back and looked a few times and saw nothing.

The penalty they ended up taking was a personal foul against Hughes on that play. I never saw a replay of the Hughes penalty. I'm wondering if Hughes reacted to the bad call against Gilmore?

The penalty they ended up taking was a personal foul against Hughes on that play. I never saw a replay of the Hughes penalty. I'm wondering if Hughes reacted to the bad call against Gilmore?

I was referring to the Gilmore interception. The penalty that brought back the return just didn't happen.

But, I'm certain the penalty on Hughes wouldn't have happened if that bs call wasn't made. Our guys were furious.

Disappointed but not surprised :(

1) Another respectable defensive performance. No TD passes for Peyton. Streak ended!!!

2) As usual, those F/N penalties, and Jerry Hughes is good for one asinine penalty per game

3) I'd have went with the veteran Carpenter for the onside kick

5) Nice to see Goodwin back on the field. Too bad Orton couldn't connect with him deep.

6) Bad calls from officials nothing new. Good teams will usually overcome those.

7) Despite their shortcomings, this team has no quit in them. I like that.

9) I ain't mad at em. Didn't expect them to upset the Broncos, and they didn't get blown out the building

10) Believe it or not, I like our chances for an upset over the Packers.

I disagree with several of your points, but not all.

Orton is a gamer? What the hell are you watching?

Does that include the bit where he slid to safety for a loss of 2 yards rather than get a first down?

How about your 5 cents worth ?

This made me laugh out loud.

I disagree with several of your points, but not all.

Orton is a gamer? What the hell are you watching?

Does that include the bit where he slid to safety for a loss of 2 yards rather than get a first down?

There was also that sack he took where he just fell down as soon as the pocket collapsed instead of throwing it away. Sickening to watch

There was also that sack he took where he just fell down as soon as the pocket collapsed instead of throwing it away. Sickening to watch

That the one where he tried to spin away and almost repeated the Sanchez butt fumble by twisting into his own O-lineman? Yea that one was pathetic to watch.

I was referring to the Gilmore interception. The penalty that brought back the return just didn't happen.

But, I'm certain the penalty on Hughes wouldn't have happened if that bs call wasn't made. Our guys were furious.

That's what I'm wondering as well, IF there were penalties, were they shown on any replays? I never saw replays of the penalties on the two INT returns.