How will you react to a blowout?

Assuming we lose... I mean really , everyone knows in good conscience we have no real shot at this game, Manning will have 10-12 offensive possessions and will shred the D on half or more of them; Orton will put up, like 20 points. So, assuming 38-20 (you know this is what the score will be...), how will you react, knowing we still have a shot if we beat Oakland and either NE or the Packers?

Lets get ahead of this, how will you react to a blowout? Reasonably?, knowing we had no reasonable shot going in, or be an idiot and go nuts b/c you can't beat last years AFC champ/HOF QB on the road in December in a game they need as much as we do.? Discuss. Might as well do it now. I still think we can be in the tournament, but we have no shot in this one particular game, IMHO.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Assuming we lose... I mean really , everyone knows in good conscience we have no real shot at this game, Manning will have 10-12 offensive possessions and will shred the D on half or more of them; Orton will put up, like 20 points. So, assuming 38-20 (you know this is what the score will be...), how will you react, knowing we still have a shot if we beat Oakland and either NE or the Packers?

Lets get ahead of this, how will you react to a blowout? Reasonably?, knowing we had no reasonable shot going in, or be an idiot and go nuts b/c you can't beat last years AFC champ/HOF QB on the road in December in a game they need as much as we do.? Discuss. Might as well do it now. I still think we can be in the tournament, but we have no shot in this one particular game, IMHO.

My mind would immediately go to thinking a blowout would push Marrone closer to the edge of getting fired. He seems like a nice guy, but the Bills have the best defense in the NFL and there is no reason to get blown out, other than your head coach isn't up to the task of instilling confidence and getting his team ready to play the best of the best with something on the line. Marrone needs this game to be competitive in the fourth quarter.

So while it would not be fun, there would be the silver lining that the new owner would probably be going after a big name coach in a few weeks.

Ha...i heard that as well. See Promo..i think you really like those guys...despite all your protestations to the contrary :lol::nana:

The worst pizzeria is the best pizzeria if they are the only one and you want pizza.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

The worst pizzeria is the best pizzeria if they are the only one and you want pizza.

tru dat. ..i just razzing ya.

And when i thought about it more, the question i recall was i guy asked what happens if they lose to the Raiders.Thats when he went nuts.

And i listened all day yesterday..long drive back to Richmond

tru dat. ..i just razzing ya.

And when i thought about it more, the question i recall was i guy asked what happens if they lose to the Raiders.Thats when he went nuts.

And i listened all day yesterday..long drive back to Richmond

Buddy and I drove back to Boston yesterday. My first game at RWS this season. I did do the Jets at Met Life though.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Of the three games coming up that we're "expected to lose" Denver seems much more beatable than Green Bay or New England. If I were a betting man, would I put my money on the Bills to win straight up, no. But guess what? Bills are 7-5. Denver has shown, both in the Super Bowl and throughout the season that although they're a very good team, are not flawless. If this DL can get to Manning, cause a turnover or two, 20 points is all we might need.

You called Schopp with this question yesterday, didn't you.

A real fan would say "how would you react if the Bills blow out Denver "

Fan for far longer than you've been alive I suspect. Grew up in that cold slab of a stadium a long time ago. So lets not go there.

But be realistic. Manning vs. Orton? Demarcus Ware or Von Miller vs the 7th rounder we have playing RT? The fan in me will be rooting as always. But let's be realistic, they will be on National Late game I assume and will get destroyed. You know it's going to happen. Bills will fail to run the ball, pass 40 times and Miller/Ware will kill Orton. You know its going to happen. Manning will put up 20 alone on the 3 or 4 short fields he'll get and D Thomas will catch 10 balls for 150. This is Tulane playing at LSU. We're just not there yet. But neither are Ravens, Bengals, or Steelers , who gave up 100+ between them last Sunday. So we can make the playoffs, the fans need to take the good with the bad... and this Sunday will be bad.

If our front 4 can get to Manning, it will be a close game. This is likely the sackiest D he's ever faced and he's among the most sackable QB's in the league. As long as the refs leave us alone for once, it should be closer than expected. If the D can force some turnovers, like they always do, we may even win.

Fan for far longer than you've been alive I suspect. Grew up in that cold slab of a stadium a long time ago. So lets not go there.

But be realistic. Manning vs. Orton? Demarcus Ware or Von Miller vs the 7th rounder we have playing RT? The fan in me will be rooting as always. But let's be realistic, they will be on National Late game I assume and will get destroyed. You know it's going to happen. Bills will fail to run the ball, pass 40 times and Miller/Ware will kill Orton. You know its going to happen. Manning will put up 20 alone on the 3 or 4 short fields he'll get and D Thomas will catch 10 balls for 150. This is Tulane playing at LSU. We're just not there yet. But neither are Ravens, Bengals, or Steelers , who gave up 100+ between them last Sunday. So we can make the playoffs, the fans need to take the good with the bad... and this Sunday will be bad.

Tulane is a good team. Beat my Houston Cougars this year.

I honestly had a dream last night that we beat the Broncos and went on to beat the Packers. I haven't woken up so happy since I used to dream about Christmas morning as a child.

Two nights ago I also had a dream that Boobie Dixon was running all over the place...similar to AP.

To say the least...I am anxious for this Sunday. Something tells me Orton is capable of "turning it on" and I see it happening in Denver.

I'm sort of sitting back waiting for this inevitable train wreck around here. The calling of Marrone's head, the immediate execution of Hackett, the benching of Orton and a laundry list of players that will be mentioned as garbage.

I can't wait, I have my popcorn ready, this place after the game is going to be better than the game its-self!