My Rant to Jerry Sullivan.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read the article, I never read him. But it was by no means a "great win" like I am seeing in places. There were so many mistakes and flags on both teams it is difficult to ascertain exactly what was going on. The Bills offense was abysmal as has become the norm. The Bills defense was OK in the first half, and seemed to wake up in the second and play their normal tough game.

The Browns defense was also OK in the first half, but their offense was abysmal ... and their defense decided to join the offense in the second half. Train wreck city.

As a Bills fan it was very easy to sit back and enjoy the second half of that game. And any win is a good win, particularly in a "must win" game like that was. But looking at it from any kind of a neutral perspective it is impossible to call it a "great game", in my opinion at least.

If the Bills play like that in 6 days from now, god help them. I mean, near the end of the game the Bills were 0 for 11 on 3rd down conversions I believe. Good god.

Jerry's wife?

So you think giving him a fat raise was a good idea?

What's wrong with pointing out that the starter should be "paid like a starter"?

Anyway, two seasons later you can't make the argument that paying Fitz a "fat raise" was clearly the wrong thing to do. We are no better on offense without him and certainly would be no worse with him.

Wait, now Duke Williams is a good draft pick?

Was Duke a Nix or Whaley pick? Because Manuel wasn't a Whaley pick, but I'm thinking if Duke turns out OK then he's a Whaley pick. Better ask Russ.

LOL at this thread. They're 7-5, play 3 of the best NFL teams in the next 4 weeks (2 on the road), all in a season where the AFC has 11 teams with 7 or more wins. How do people climb the mountain every year only to be dropped off? Everything would be a lot different had they won games they should have.

What's wrong with pointing out that the starter should be "paid like a starter"?

Anyway, two seasons later you can't make the argument that paying Fitz a "fat raise" was clearly the wrong thing to do. We are no better on offense without him and certainly would be no worse with him.

I actually agree that Fitz would be as good if not a bit better than EJ and maybe Kyle, but the fact is he still cost our salary cap two years after he left.

But that's Sully. Always generous with the team's money. Never mind what the impact might be. He wanted to run SJ out of town right after he said pay him.

He also treats his opinions like toilet paper. Remember he wanted the Bills to cut Dareus. Let our best defensive player walk for nothing. Glad he's not GM.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Lets say Whaley is smart enough to find the money to keep everyone (He can with the increase in the cap and no chance for a franchise QB so we don't have to cough up $20 mil/yr), aren't you just salivating to see Kiko as the Wil, and we improve that much more. We'll be in Seahawks territory for scary good on defense.

They already are Edited by snamsnoops

I actually agree that Fitz would be as good if not a bit better than EJ and maybe Kyle, but the fact is he still cost our salary cap two years after he left.

But that's Sully. Always generous with the team's money. Never mind what the impact might be. He wanted to run SJ out of town right after he said pay him.

He also treats his opinions like toilet paper. Remember he wanted the Bills to cut Dareus. Let our best defensive player walk for nothing. Glad he's not GM.

The impact? Look, that's a tiny bite on the cap. Paying Fitz wasnt Buddy's biggest blunder--paying him then getting rid of him was.

't could have been prevented ...by simply keeping Fitz and drafting Wilson. Problems all solved. Nix did the opposite and left us all the worse of for it.

Instead we drafted EJ and this offseason had a parade of awful backups go through camp culminating in the 11th hour exhumation of Orton.

Yeah, "paying Fitz like a starter" was the problem. Sure...

Was Duke a Nix or Whaley pick? Because Manuel wasn't a Whaley pick, but I'm thinking if Duke turns out OK then he's a Whaley pick. Better ask Russ.

LOL at this thread. They're 7-5, play 3 of the best NFL teams in the next 4 weeks (2 on the road), all in a season where the AFC has 11 teams with 7 or more wins. How do people climb the mountain every year only to be dropped off? Everything would be a lot different had they won games they should have.

Because they're fans? Because they love their team? Because they would rather experience all that is good about hope and belief, even if it means disappointment in the end - rather than spend their time focusing on every reason their team will not succeed just so that, if their team fails, they can feel better by telling themselves and anyone who will listen, "See, I told you so?"