Put Aaron Rodgers in the GOAT Conversation

johnwalter

If Tom Brady and Peyton Manning belong in the GOAT conversation, so does Rodgers. Year after year, AA-Rod performs at ridiculous levels, and while people recognize him as great, he remains under-appreciated.

If I had to win a game tomorrow, I'd take 2014 Rodgers over any other quarterback in NFL history.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Tom Brady and Peyton Manning belong in the GOAT conversation, so does Rodgers. Year after year, AA-Rod performs at ridiculous levels, and while people recognize him as great, he remains under-appreciated.

If I had to win a game tomorrow, I'd take 2014 Rodgers over any other quarterback in NFL history.

Over 2013 Peyton?

Over 2013 Peyton.

Manning just doesn't an ounce of clutch in his belly. In his biggest games - 2013 Peyton failed: his return to Indy, his Brady showdown, and his Superbowl.

Which Brady showdown was bigger? A regular season game that he lost or the AFC title game where he won?

It only counts as a "big game" if Manning's team loses

Edited by TheFunPolice

So, 1-for-4 in "big games" ?

I think I'll stick with Rodgers.

How do you define big games?

He won 2 playoff games, including beating the Patriots* in the AFC Title game

Those are bigger than any regular season games. I think he won a handful of those too... Just no "big ones"

Luckily 12 or 13 games a year during the season are not "big" so Manning can win em!

Edited by TheFunPolice

How do you define big games?

He won 2 playoff games, including beating the Patriots* in the AFC Title game

Those are bigger than any regular season games. I think he won a handful of those too... Just no "big ones"

Lol

One of those playoff games was facing the Chargers, a division rival, with the comeback player of the year and OROY, who blew the Bengals out of the water.

One of those playoff games was facing the Chargers, a division rival, with the comeback player of the year and OROY, who blew the Bengals out of the water.

You forgot the rule: if Manning wins you shrug and dismiss it as no big deal

If he loses it was YET ANOTHER big game where he choked.

Games become a lot bigger depending on Manning's performance

For such a clutch guy Brady hasn't won a ring in a decade... Luckily the Pstriots* haven't lost any big games in that time

Edited by TheFunPolice

In some alternate universe, Buffalo passed on JP and wound up grabbing Aaron when he slipped the next season. I wonder how different his career would have been had that happened. He would have been rushed in, not allowed the time to tinker with his throw like he did behind Brett... it might have been disastrous.

I'm not sure about sayig I'd take this QB in this year over that QB in that year.... does it really prove anything? I think this guy is moving up the list though in terms of all time greats. He needs a few more championship games and another Superbowl performance or 2. Green Bay have been a bit of a let down in the play-offs since they won their last SB.

In some alternate universe, Buffalo passed on JP and wound up grabbing Aaron when he slipped the next season. I wonder how different his career would have been had that happened. He would have been rushed in, not allowed the time to tinker with his throw like he did behind Brett... it might have been disastrous.

You forgot the part where JP beat the Patriots yesterday.

best thrower on the run in the NFL for sure.

whats even more unbelievable is that his only 3 picks he threw this year were ALL off the hands of his receivers. they showed a clip of them. the guy could literally have zero picks right now.

Eli threw 5 in one game this season.

I've been saying for the past few years that Aaron Rodgers is the best player in the NFL, at any position. I agree with the OP, with the possible exception of prime Joe Montana. I hope Rodgers wins another Superbowl or 2 (as long as it's not vs Bills), so he gets his due among the all-time greats.

Over 2013 Peyton?

Regular season Peyton or playoff Manning. You don't want the latter--see his classic gag job in the SB...

Which Brady showdown was bigger? A regular season game that he lost or the AFC title game where he won?

It only counts as a "big game" if Manning's team loses

If it's a playoff game, it's a "big game".

MAnning has perhaps the worst playoff record (11-12) of any QB who has played as many games. 13 years of playoff appearnaces. 8 one and dones (2 years in a row to ....SD!!). In his SB winning playoff run, he threw 3 TDs and 7 ints over 4 games. LAst year, 280 garbage time yards and a single TD to go with his 2 ints.

No way you want Manning in an must win high stakes ("big") game...

As for Rodger and GOAT, he's only in his 7th year as starter. He needs to be a lot more productive in the off-season to get deep into that discussion. Since his SB win in 2010, the Packers have won a single playoff game (he threw 6 TDs over his last 4 playoff games).