What do we really know about Brian Hoyer ?

HOUSE

Brian Axel Hoyer[2] (born October 13, 1985) is an American football quarterback for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League (NFL). Originally signed as an undrafted free agent in 2009 by the New England Patriots, Hoyer played the role of backup to Tom Brady until being released on August 31, 2012. Before returning to the Cleveland area to play for his hometown team (leading Browns fans to give him the nickname "Hoyer the Destroyer") Hoyer also played for the Pittsburgh Steelers and Arizona Cardinals. Hoyer played college football at Michigan State.

During Week 5 against the Tennessee Titans, Hoyer threw for 292 yards, 3 touchdowns, and an interception. Despite trailing 28-3, Hoyer led the Browns to 26 unanswered points. Securing the win with a final score of 29-28. It was the largest comeback victory in franchise history, and the largest for a road team in NFL history.[17]

http://en.wikipedia....i/Brian_Hoyer < SNIP>

Feel free to add your own information

Edited by HOUSE

He has a dog BUTCH :cry:

Hoyer, 29, is in the final year of his two-year, $1.965 million contract that includes $250,000 guaranteed. He’ll make a base salary of $1 million for the 2014 season.

He’s in a great position to secure a large pay raise on the open market next year given that there aren’t many next quarterbacks in next year’s free agent class.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/report_browns_not_committed_to_qb_brian_hoyer_long_term/17784743?linksrc=story_player_brian_hoyer__nfl_auto_module_head_17784743

Edited by HOUSE

I know he tried to single - handedly give the game away to the Falcons Sunday. I watched that game and if it weren't for Mike Smith being a horrible clock manager, the Browns would have lost that game. Those last two interceptions Hoyer threw were so bad, I wouldn't even have expected Losman or Edwards to have thrown.

He did have some nice throws, and his composure under pressure was impressive.

I fully expect the D to give him fits Sunday.

Did you know he is a free agent after this season :w00t:

I know he tried to single - handedly give the game away to the Falcons Sunday. I watched that game and if it weren't for Mike Smith being a horrible clock manager, the Browns would have lost that game. Those last two interceptions Hoyer threw were so bad, I wouldn't even have expected Losman or Edwards to have thrown.

He did have some nice throws, and his composure under pressure was impressive.

I fully expect the D to give him fits Sunday.

:w00t: Edited by HOUSE

I actually watched a few Browns games this year and their run defense is terrible. Houston ran it down their throat with their backup RB and a QB making his first start. They did it mainly running the Bills favorite running play so hopefully bills have same success with it.

The Browns success on offense depends a lot on their ability to run the ball but they may not be as dependent on it with Gordon back.

Can you imagine if they drafted Sammy to team with Gordon

Edited by Max997

I actually watched a few Browns games this year and their run defense is terrible. Houston ran it down their throat with their backup RB and a QB making his first start. They did it mainly running the Bills favorite running play so hopefully bills have same success with it.

The Browns success on offense depends a lot on their ability to run the ball but they may not be as dependent on it with Gordon back.

Can you imagine if they drafted Sammy to team with Gordon

Nate Hackett hears bad run defense and will instead choose to attack Joe Haden.

He is Basically a younger Kyle Orton. Not the worst, not the best.

at this point they are probably in the same grouping among NFL qbs. But I watched both in college and Orton was miles ahead coming into the league IMO. Hoyer was a UDFA and his chance to start came much later. Orton would have likely been considered the better talent overall, until this year. Now I would agree, they are about even.

is kiko on the sidelines this year? or at home?

he is there at the home games

But I think they lost Alex Mack for the year, who is a very good C. That could be huge.

Double Josh Gordon and I'm not worried about their offense.

mack has been gone for a few weeks and they hadn't run the ball well since he went out, until they played the Atlanta Softies.