• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFL@nfl 5m5 minutes ago

Ben Tate waived by @Browns: http://at.nfl.com/UAsmrKT

Publically complain about your role = get cut

He will be soon be a Colt.

This may be an upgrade for my fantasy team. I have Crowell and Tate. If he goes to Colts that is a double upgrade.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I realize Fred Jackson is trying to come back, but Tate might be an upgrade over Dixon and Brown. I think the Bills should sign him if he clears waivers with teams with poorer records. It always helps to get a guy on your team who's pissed off at his former team, just before you play that former team. Also I understand Marrone has never been happy about Pettine leaving so soon, so this might be a way of poking Pettine in the eye, just a little.

And people worry about where we are going to find a RB. Take a handful in to camp, sift them out in preseason, work them in during the regular season and you'll find one.

This is not an anti-CJ Spiller statement, this is a perspective statement. If Spiller goes anywhere else then I am not going to worry about who's going to fill in for him.

Spiller to the Browns?

And people worry about where we are going to find a RB. Take a handful in to camp, sift them out in preseason, work them in during the regular season and you'll find one.

Yep. It hasn't been talked about a lot here, but trading a 4th (possibly even a 3rd) to the Eagles for Bryce Brown was a travesty. Completely indefensible, given the backs that were available for free. And the fact that the Eagles may very well have released Brown. It really makes me wonder if Whaley knows what he's doing.

This is not an anti-CJ Spiller statement, this is a perspective statement. If Spiller goes anywhere else then I am not going to worry about who's going to fill in for him.

Spiller to the Browns?

The current coaches don't even know the difference between a good offensive lineman, and a horrific one. Yet practice against their own D line which is one of the best in the league. Gailey didn't know the difference between Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Brian Brohm as he stated all three were about the same. Then started Trent Edwards :doh:

I yearn for the day when this team finally hires some good offensive coaches that actually know WTF they are doing. Marrone & Hackett are stealing money, as was Gailey.

Yep. It hasn't been talked about a lot here, but trading a 4th (possibly even a 3rd) to the Eagles for Bryce Brown was a travesty. Completely indefensible, given the backs that were available for free. And the fact that the Eagles may very well have released Brown. It really makes me wonder if Whaley knows what he's doing.

Brown was a little bit different. I can swallow the trade we made for him and believe we are just stabling him until next year.

The current coaches don't even know the difference between a good offensive lineman, and a horrific one. Yet practice against their own D line which is one of the best in the league. Gailey didn't know the difference between Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Brian Brohm as he stated all three were about the same. Then started Trent Edwards :doh:

Oh, come on, man. You're smarter then that. He was saying this because that is what coaches say. Maybe to make Edwards keep pushing himself, maybe not to throw Fitz or Brohm under the bus. Maybe to make Brohm feel better about himself and it was true about Fitz.

On a different level they are all very good in their own way, though. Fitz was good at many things. Edwards was an expert in the check down. Brohm excelled in causing amnesia because we all forget him or try to.

I yearn for the day when this team finally hires some good offensive coaches that actually know WTF they are doing. Marrone & Hackett are stealing money, as was Gailey.

Many coaches in this league are doing much less with their team.

We don't know the specifics of the production qualifiers but I'm thinking BB would pretty much need to be the second coming of AP to make that a 3rd rd pick with him being inactive for 8 weeks. I don't have an issue with using a 4th round pick on a cheap 23-yr-old RB who ideally fits your system when your current guys are 1) about to be 35 and 2) about to be a FA, and both injury prone.

Ben Tate is older and slower than Brown. Do you think they should have rolled the dice with just Fred and CJ and hoped Tate or someone else got cut sometime this season? As it is it would have been a month too late and he wouldn't know the offense. Guys available for "free" are usually that way for a reason.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Many coaches in this league are doing much less with their team.

and those coaches didn't / don't have nearly the talent the Bills have on both sides of the ball.

The Bills have a top ten defense, #6 to be exact. They have some very good talent on the offense save a few positions that a better coaching staff would have addressed previous to the season.

C'mon man, Jauron stunk, Gailey stunk, and now Marrone and his staff might be the worst of them all because he has more talent, and is doing less with it.

On another note, sign Blount and feed him the ball until he throws up!

Edited by FeartheLosing

The Bills are not trading a 3rd for Bryce Brown. If the pick for Stevie turns into a 3rd they keep that pick and send a 4th to Philly in 2016 otherwise they send the 4th they get from SF for Stevie to Philly.

Outside of the fumble Brown has played well in the limited amount of time he has received and actually has looked better than any Bills back this year outside of Fred week 1

They traded a 4th round pick for a known player who could easily be their starting RB next year, dont understand all the negativity around that trade. Prob the same ppl that were way too upset about trading a 7th for Tavaris

Edited by Max997