I am not giving up on Kyle Orton

HOUSE

So he came through in the clutch when the team needed him the last two weeks? He played well? Tell me where the exaggeration is. Forgive me if I expect more from a ten year veteran QB who was inserted into the lineup to give the team "the best chance to win". If the expectation on him is not greater, then why the hell is he playing?

He came through in a clutch in Detroit and Minnesota games. The last two games he played poorly. I said I do not disagree. The point you were stating was that veterans should never go through stretches where they play poorly, I think that is silly there are plenty of veterans that play poorly in stretches of the season or parts of their career.

They are a .500 football team win 6 games left. While unlikely they could, theoretically, string together 6 wins and still get into the playoffs. The QB in there should be the one the team believes gives them the best chance to win. If they believe it to be Orton that is who should play, at least, until someone tells them they are out of the playoff chase, not before.

I don't care who plays, but as a fan, it should be whomever the team feels gives them the best chance to win(until they are truly not playing for the playoffs). Do you really believe they are trying to lose because they are starting Orton?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He came through in a clutch in Detroit and Minnesota games. The last two games he played poorly. I said I do not disagree. The point you were stating was that veterans should never go through stretches where they play poorly, I think that is silly there are plenty of veterans that play poorly in stretches of the season or parts of their career.

They are a .500 football team win 6 games left. While unlikely they could, theoretically, string together 6 wins and still get into the playoffs. The QB in there should be the one the team believes gives them the best chance to win. If they believe it to be Orton that is who should play, at least, until someone tells them they are out of the playoff chase, not before.

I don't care who plays, but as a fan, it should be whomever the team feels gives them the best chance to win(until they are truly not playing for the playoffs). Do you really believe they are trying to lose because they are starting Orton?

Stop it with the false hope, sorry excuses, and silly questions. Orton had a chance to fulfill his mission when it mattered most and he failed miserably.

Stop it with the false hope, sorry excuses, and silly questions. Orton had a chance to fulfill his mission when it mattered most and he failed miserably.

Where was there false hope? I stated that it was unlikely. Also, when did I provide any excuse for his poor play? I didn't. And I will give you the silly question because when I thought about it again the Urbik and Mike Williams issues popped in my head, Ha!

Yet you will give up on EJ completely? there is a bigger investment that also hasn't been given ample opportunity to prove himself.

remember last seasons fast paced offense was a new gadget even a pro needed time to learn, not to mention the games missed by injury,

just saying the reasons I have not given up on EJ. IMO the sooner we know the truth the better.

Well put.

If Arians can be 9-1 in the NFC west with a revolving QB carousel of Palmer-Stanton-Thomas, we should be able to win games with Orton if he is merely competent. IMO our D is just as good. The last 2 games were against very highly ranked pass Ds that have shut down greater QBs this yr. Let's see how things shake out.

If Arians can be 9-1 in the NFC west with a revolving QB carousel of Palmer-Stanton-Thomas, we should be able to win games with Orton if he is merely competent. IMO our D is just as good. The last 2 games were against very highly ranked pass Ds that have shut down greater QBs this yr. Let's see how things shake out.

If you use that there are still pretty good defenses they are playing coming up. GB which looked somewhat vulnerable earlier in the year looks like a beast the last two weeks. Who knows "any given Sunday" as they say.

If marrone is saying Orton is still the guy "gives us best chance to win" and he has 2nd worst QBR among starters, then he's saying EJ has learned nothing in his more than 1&1/2th seasons and last 6 games watching how a vet prepares, manages the huddle, and reads defenses. In that case its time to cut ties with EJ. Marrone can't have it both ways.

Edited by JTSP

The clown coaches we employ can't draft, can't gameplan, can't develop talent, and CAN'T COACH.... There should have been a midseason firing so we can hit the ground running next year. Waiting until the offseason to make a change is only worth it if we have a decent shot at the playoffs this year. That doesn't seem to be the case.

Fire Marracket NOW!

Orton is and always was a .500 QB. I like him as a back-up who is capable of playing the Reich role if needed but counting on him for more than 3 starts seems a fools play. EJ also sucks as a starter but still has more potentiial upside than the failed Orton

If you use that there are still pretty good defenses they are playing coming up. GB which looked somewhat vulnerable earlier in the year looks like a beast the last two weeks. Who knows "any given Sunday" as they say.

I'm not "using" anything, just pointing out that it is worth seeing how the season plays out because if you judged all QBs by their performances against KC and Miami you'd probably bench some good ones. He has played well against and beaten some good defenses. I'm not ready to give up on him after 6 games.

I thought he had a pretty good game against the Jets.

That's what is so frustrating with this fan base. If a player has just one bad game, he suddenly sucks and always has and always will and should be fired tomorrow at 7:30. I honestly believe we have "so-called" fans here that root for Kyle Orton to fail so they can say never should have pulled EJ. Say what you will but make no mistake about it, we are lucky to have Kyle Orton here. And...yes I am a fan of EJ too. Look very much forward to watching him play when his time comes.