Todd Gurley - Torn ACL

johnwalter

Draft people: with a torn ACL, is there any way Gurley falls to us around the middle of the second round? Before the injury, the dude was considered the best RB prospect since Peterson - seems like he could be a huge piece for the Buffalo offense if CJ goes elsewhere.

Yes and here is why he will fall

-lots of free agent talent at RB including Peterson

-nfl is high on wr right now

-injury

-a great RB draft class, I mean ten years ago 4-6 of these guys would be first rounders and its deep.

Would I draft him at 45 or lower? we can ride Jackson one more year while he fully recovers so YES.

Gurley is a potential monster but what good is he if our QB situation and OLine is still a mess? None.

After watching this nobody last night for the Pats* it should be more evident that if an offense has the right nucleus; line and QB, then even role players can succeed and dominant a game from time to time.

I would like Gurley but not with Freddie, Boobie, Brown and a potential CJ in the backfield next season. Priorities. Priorities. Priorities.

Gurley is a potential monster but what good is he if our QB situation and OLine is still a mess? None.

After watching this nobody last night for the Pats* it should be more evident that if an offense has the right nucleus; line and QB, then even role players can succeed and dominant a game from time to time.

I would like Gurley but not with Freddie, Boobie, Brown and a potential CJ in the backfield next season. Priorities. Priorities. Priorities.

Funny thing is that that Pats line was touted as a weakness early in the season, especially after they dealt Mankins.

It helps to know WTF you are doing with the players you have. I think we are suspect in that regard.

Yes and here is why he will fall

-lots of free agent talent at RB including Peterson

-nfl is high on wr right now

-injury

-a great RB draft class, I mean ten years ago 4-6 of these guys would be first rounders and its deep.

Would I draft him at 45 or lower? we can ride Jackson one more year while he fully recovers so YES.

What do you class as fall?

There isn't exactly the same premium placed on backs as there was 5/10+ years ago.

He'll go anywhere between the first and second (#12-64). However I doubt he makes it past the 50's.

Funny thing is that that Pats line was touted as a weakness early in the season, especially after they dealt Mankins.

It helps to know WTF you are doing with the players you have. I think we are suspect in that regard.

Precisely. That's something I give Billy a lot of credit for: knowing when to get rid of a player whilst they still have value.

Did anyone see that scrub run all over the colt last night? Does anyone know his name?

No.

But the pats OL is great and they have a TE who is athletic.

OL OL OL

cowboys have FIVE first round picks starting on the OL and they are finally good. They had plenty of shine troys before but now it's equalling wins!!