Package Manual in a trade offer to move up to 1st round

Sweet Lou

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an unmeasurable amount of opinion, both negative and positive, from the fans, the media and I'm sure the coaches in confidental meetings as well, regarding Manual's future and rightly so.

From a football "business" standpoint (Myself thinking like a new GM; et.al) If I needed to, or wanted to reposition my team to take a coveted player in the next draft I would try to package EJ Manuel and another player of equal value (or potential value) to move up to the first round so I could give our team a better opportunity to draft what I would consider a future franchise player.

Is there a coveted player (QB) in the next draft that would warrant this kind of trade ? Thoughts ?

Opinions welcome. However, try and stay civil my fellow fans. I'm betting some of you can't do it

Lou

No one is stupid enough to part a first for the guy. Buffalo never should have

There is an unmeasurable amount of opinion, both negative and positive, from the fans, the media and I'm sure the coaches in confidental meetings as well, regarding Manual's future and rightly so.

From a football "business" standpoint (Myself thinking like a new GM; et.al) If I needed to, or wanted to reposition my team to take a coveted player in the next draft I would try to package EJ Manuel and another player of equal value (or potential value) to move up to the first round so I could give our team a better opportunity to draft what I would consider a future franchise player.

Is there a coveted player (QB) in the next draft that would warrant this kind of trade ? Thoughts ?

Opinions welcome. However, try and stay civil my fellow fans. I'm betting some of you can't do it

Lou

If EJ is good enough to be part of a trade package why wouldn't we keep him? If he's a bad as everyone wants to say he won't have any value, or if he does, it would be 5-7th round. Not worth trading him in that case.

Lou

When suggesting ridiculous trades like this try asking yourself why would another team make this trade passing on a future franchise coveted type player?

Or better yet ask yourself if the situation were reversed would you want the Bills to make that trade for a package of EJ Manuel and whatever else?

Edited by Max997

Um, that's the point. He takes Qbs and make them win for him. It's the exact opposite of here.

And you're right. Offensive line injuries or bad blocking doesn't matter. Or the fact McCoy was the leading rusher in the NFL last year after he was bad the year before.

Kelly has no idea what he is doing. Great points.

Well Chip Kelly did that for about 7 days.

Mariota is the only first round talent QB. Winston has multiple red flags waving. Bills can stand pat and get a QB in the 2nd round. Bryce Petty, Baylor, should be there. EJ is looking at being a career back up.

The problem with quoting these stats is that he was totally coddled by Hackett, and ran an offense designed to make a green QB survive while undergoinlg OJT. Put him in the o that Orton is running...that is the full menu, and Manuel would have a rating half of what he has realized to date.

Fair point i think

Mariota is the only first round talent QB. Winston has multiple red flags waving. Bills can stand pat and get a QB in the 2nd round. Bryce Petty, Baylor, should be there. EJ is looking at being a career back up.

Well i dont know that right now and neither do you. I think the best thing is to let him compete next season against whoever they bring in or keep on ( Orton).

of course the whole thing could be shook out and start over.

But EJs best option in my opinion is to keep him and work his ass off. Let Orton finish the season.

Edited by 3rdand12

When suggesting ridiculous trades like this try asking yourself why would another team make this trade passing on a future franchise coveted type player?

Or better yet ask yourself if the situation were reversed would you want the Bills to make that trade for a package of EJ Manuel and whatever else?

Max 997;

Something that would be ridiculous would be to cut him, only to have another team pick him up for nothing. I hate to use the old adage that one teams junk is another teams treasure, but it does apply. I would rather get something in return for a player if I could, rather than just kicking them to the curb. Sometimes all a player needs is a change of scenery to excel. Think Jerry Hughes, Drew Brees, Marshawn Lynch, just to name a few. I truly think EJ Manuel would flourish in the right system, under the right coaching and that system, unfortunately isn't here in Buffalo.

And I'm almost certain that there is an NFL coach that would love to have this guy, but they're not going to broadcast it.

Face it; NFL coaches have huge egos. The good ones are always trying to re-invent the wheel.

Max 997;

Something that would be ridiculous would be to cut him, only to have another team pick him up for nothing. I hate to use the old adage that one teams junk is another teams treasure, but it does apply. I would rather get something in return for a player if I could, rather than just kicking them to the curb. Sometimes all a player needs is a change of scenery to excel. Think Jerry Hughes, Drew Brees, Marshawn Lynch, just to name a few. I truly think EJ Manuel would flourish in the right system, under the right coaching and that system, unfortunately isn't here in Buffalo.

And I'm almost certain that there is an NFL coach that would love to have this guy, but they're not going to broadcast it.

Face it; NFL coaches have huge egos. The good ones are always trying to re-invent the wheel.

Brees and Lynch were hardly "junk"....