Who do you WANT as the Bills coach in 2015?

Kirby Jackson

Bills Head Coach 2015  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the Bills Head Coach in 2015? (if you select other please indicate your choice in the comments)

Do you really think so? I would be surprised. It seems to me that the Big 10 has fallen so far that it is barely even considered a major conference. Ohio State might go 11-1 and not even get invited to the playoff because the league is perceived as so weak. That matters, because it will make it difficult to recruit the very best players, even for a guy like Harbaugh.

I really do. The two top Michigan candidates may very well be the Harbaugh brothers. Jim seems more likely to be available. The Ravens will fight to keep John; I doubt that the 49ers do the same. I think that Michigan is going to swing for the fences on this hire. The next coach there will be really high profile (Les Miles is another possibility).

Jim will have lots of interest if he hits the market. He won't come cheap. He's a $7M guy IMO. That probably makes Michigan (and maybe the Jets) the most likely landing spots IMO. They are in similar situations on that they have both been so inept that they have alienated even their most loyal supporters. Neither team can afforded another Brady Hoke.

On a side note I spent 3 days singing Malzahn's praises and his team gets pounded (yikes)!! I still believe in his system but he did my case no favors. Ha ha, thanks a lot Gus!!

Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone I'd favor over over this staff wont be available so there's no point going there. Given that, I'm fine staying with this staff for another year .... Marrone, schwartz, and yes the much maligned hacket. The situation they inherited at QB from nix was disgraceful, and they have tried in earnest to change it.

Edited by JTSP

I really do. The two top Michigan candidates may very well be the Harbaugh brothers. Jim seems more likely to be available. The Ravens will fight to keep John; I doubt that the 49ers do the same. I think that Michigan is going to swing for the fences on this hire. The next coach there will be really high profile (Les Miles is another possibility).

Jim will have lots of interest if he hits the market. He won't come cheap. He's a $7M guy IMO. That probably makes Michigan (and maybe the Jets) the most likely landing spots IMO. They are in similar situations on that they have both been so inept that they have alienated even their most loyal supporters. Neither team can afforded another Brady Hoke.

On a side note I spent 3 days singing Malzahn's praises and his team gets pounded (yikes)!! I still believe in his system but he did my case no favors. Ha ha, thanks a lot Gus!!

I don't think for one millisecond that money will be an issue with these new owners who clearly overspent to be positive in acquiring the Bills.

If they truly want a Harbaugh, Cowher, Gruden, and if the current cost goes up from 6.5 mill per.. they will probably offer 8 mill per. :D I don't see any other owner out bidding these new owners for anything anymore.

Every free agent on the market is going to want to play for Buffalo very soon :thumbsup:

I don't doubt that Michigan will throw a lot of money at Harbaugh. I just question why he would want that job.

It's his alma mater and a heritage program that he could restore to glory. That's a tough siren to resist.

I agree with all that, but Big 10 football simply is not what it used to be. It is a very distant third, and possibly even fourth or fifth among football conferences,and it is getting hard for those schools to attract the very best players, even from their own back yards. I agree that Michigan is still a marquee program, but I don't think it's the glamour job it once was.

I agree with all that, but Big 10 football simply is not what it used to be. It is a very distant third, and possibly even fourth or fifth among football conferences,and it is getting hard for those schools to attract the very best players, even from their own back yards. I agree that Michigan is still a marquee program, but I don't think it's the glamour job it once was.

You're right... for any other candidate. But for the former starting QB, the argument that the Big 10 isn't what it was doesn't hold much weight (I'd imagine, I'm speculating of course). I think Kirby's right that if any place has the inside track on his hire it'd be UM, but your logic is probably correct for any outside hire.

@RapSheet

Jim Harbaugh is no longer on the #Dolphins radar in unlikely event Philbin is fired. His wife wants to stay in the Bay Area. Hello #Raiders

@AroundTheNFL

Could the Oakland Raiders land Jim Harbaugh? http://www.nfl.com/n...er_atl …

While some say Happy wife, happy life!

There is a lot to be said about the Raiders, and the owners desire / talk of eventually moving the team to San Antonio. Plus, talent wise which team would you rather coach?

Then, why take a step backwards into college again? My take is Harbaugh wants to prove to the world that it was all him and not GM Trent Baalke who transformed that 49er team into a winner.

IMHO, Money talks and BS walks. I think these new owners will acquire whomever they set their sights on.

While some say Happy wife, happy life!

There is a lot to be said about the Raiders, and the owners desire / talk of eventually moving the team to San Antonio. Plus, talent wise which team would you rather coach?

Then, why take a step backwards into college again? My take is Harbaugh wants to prove to the world that it was all him and not GM Trent Baalke who transformed that 49er team into a winner.

IMHO, Money talks and BS walks. I think these new owners will acquire whomever they set their sights on.

The money will talk and the $7m+ will land him back at UM. The Raiders just don't Michigan money.

Oh, his toughness was questioned. That's all we need to know. Now it makes sense. Has anyone ever questioned his craziness? We'd win with him, briefly, I think. But I'll pass for another option that offers the hope of scoring some points.