Progression of Tannehill.

Buffalo Boy

So we have watched our hated 'Fins be a suckfest for the last two+ years. NFL pundits galore as well as dolphin fans have thrown Tannehill under the bus as a project gone bad. Too many picks. Doesn't see the field. Not sure if he's ever going to get it.

There was talk of benching him.....for Matt Moore!?

Point being, this is the natural progression of a young QB in this league. You take your lumps and maybe they pan out and maybe they don't.

I would say that Buffalo's D was bringing it pretty hard last night. I realize the PI against Gilmore was crap but that was hardly the play that won the game for them. Tannehill got the snot knocked out of him in the first half and showed he is maturing into a good starting QB. I HATE THIS!!!! but it is what it is.

Orton is not the answer, the season is over so PLEASE let's get EJ back in and figure out what we have as this staff is surely going to be the boot post season.

I wasn't confident in his abilities after the first few games, but now I am sold he is our long term solution at QB. This is his first year in a new, vastLy different offensive scheme, and with the help of Bill "the quarterback whisperer" Lazor, Tannehill could really become elite in a couple year's time.

I mean look at what happened to Foles this year after Lazor left. Coincidence? maybe, but I like to believe otherwise.

Edited by finfanfromrochester

So we have watched our hated 'Fins be a suckfest for the last two+ years. NFL pundits galore as well as dolphin fans have thrown Tannehill under the bus as a project gone bad. Too many picks. Doesn't see the field. Not sure if he's ever going to get it.

There was talk of benching him.....for Matt Moore!?

Point being, this is the natural progression of a young QB in this league. You take your lumps and maybe they pan out and maybe they don't.

I would say that Buffalo's D was bringing it pretty hard last night. I realize the PI against Gilmore was crap but that was hardly the play that won the game for them. Tannehill got the snot knocked out of him in the first half and showed he is maturing into a good starting QB. I HATE THIS!!!! but it is what it is.

Orton is not the answer, the season is over so PLEASE let's get EJ back in and figure out what we have as this staff is surely going to be the boot post season.

EJ is not the answer either, Never has been and never will be. I wish fans would quit supporting and wanting **** QB's to play just because we were stupid enough to trade for or draft them.

Tannehill had a very good game last night, but I'm still not overly impressed because I think his accuracy on passes more than 15 yards downfield is highly suspect. Tannehill benefitted from an outstanding offensive gameplan by the Dolphins that was designed to play to his strengths (accuracy in the short passing game and mobility) and neutralize the Bills' pass rush (even though they managed five sacks). It seemed that the Bills' defense was off balance all night, always a step behind. I thought this game was the clearest example yet of the Bills being outcoached and beaten by a less talented team.

My prediction is the Phins will give Tannehill a big contract extension after this year & they are going to regret it for years to come. Guys not good enough & never will be.

Disagree. He's becoming a quality player. Really.

He's the next Alex Smith, can't complete a long pass to save his life. Good only for the regular season.

His arm is better than Smith's.

Tannehill had a very good game last night, but I'm still not overly impressed because I think his accuracy on passes more than 15 yards downfield is highly suspect. Tannehill benefitted from an outstanding offensive gameplan by the Dolphins that was designed to play to his strengths (accuracy in the short passing game and mobility) and neutralize the Bills' pass rush (even though they managed five sacks). It seemed that the Bills' defense was off balance all night, always a step behind. I thought this game was the clearest example yet of the Bills being outcoached and beaten by a less talented team.

I agree that Tannehill is innacurate with long distance throws, but in terms of a talent perspective, I'd give Miami the edge.

In my opinion:

QB - Miami

RB - as of last night, Miami, with Jackson and Spiller healthy it's Buffalo. Although I love what I see from Damien Williams

WR - I give the edge to Miami. Watkins and Wallace are pretty evenly matched at the moment, even though Watkins has the potential to be one of the best ever. I'd take Landry, Hartline, Gibson, and Matthews any day over Wiliams, Woods, and Hogan.

TE - Miami - Clay is better than Chandler, imo

OL - Buffalo

DL - Buffalo, but it's close

LB - Miami currently. With Alonzo back next year maybe Buffalo

CB - Miami with Finn healthy.

Safeties - Miami easily

K-Buff

P-Miami

Just a biased Miami fan's honest opinion so take it for what it's worth.

it's not a matter of arm strength, he lacks accuracy on long passes

He's gotten more accurate this year. He looked terrific on his longer throws against SD. He's only 26.1 years old, and he's definitely getting better in all phases of the game. Check out the progression this year: http://www.nfl.com/player/ryantannehill/2532956/gamelogs .

He's gotten more accurate this year. He looked terrific on his longer throws against SD. He's only 26.1 years old, and he's definitely getting better in all phases of the game. Check out the progression this year: http://www.nfl.com/p...532956/gamelogs .

he's looks more decisive than last year, but he's not getting better with his long passing game.

he's looks more decisive than last year, but he's not getting better with his long passing game.

We'll have to agree to disagree. One thing that has become clear to me is that the NFL rewards longevity at the QB position provided the QB has brains, physical talent, and size. Tannehill has all of those; he just needs experience. Going into this week's games, 10 of the top 11 QBs in terms of QBR rating were over 30 years old. I have a hunch that Tannehill is going to be a player we come to hate over the next half dozen years or so.

Edited by dave mcbride

We'll have to agree to disagree. One thing that has become clear to me is that the NFL rewards longevity at the QB position provided the QB has brains, physical talent, and size. Tannehill has all of those; he just needs experience. Going into this week's games, 10 of the top 11 QBs in terms of QBR rating were over 30 years old. I have a hunch that Tannehill is going to be a player we come to hate over the next half dozen years or so.

I agree there, but nothing of Tanny's game scares me.

Philbin, Tannehill showing progress in Miami

It hasn't been a quick-rising trajectory for Ryan Tannehill and Joe Philbin in Miami. On "TNF," however, progress was made as the Dolphins topped the Bills, 22-9. At 6-4, is Miami a serious contender?

Maybe Miami's patience will ultimately be rewarded. With regard to Miami being a contender? Not IMO.

I agree that Tannehill is innacurate with long distance throws, but in terms of a talent perspective, I'd give Miami the edge.

In my opinion:

QB - Miami

RB - as of last night, Miami, with Jackson and Spiller healthy it's Buffalo. Although I love what I see from Damien Williams

WR - I give the edge to Miami. Watkins and Wallace are pretty evenly matched at the moment, even though Watkins has the potential to be one of the best ever. I'd take Landry, Hartline, Gibson, and Matthews any day over Wiliams, Woods, and Hogan.

TE - Miami - Clay is better than Chandler, imo

OL - Buffalo

DL - Buffalo, but it's close

LB - Miami currently. With Alonzo back next year maybe Buffalo

CB - Miami with Finn healthy.

Safeties - Miami easily

K-Buff

P-Miami

Just a biased Miami fan's honest opinion so take it for what it's worth.

I guess I would concede that the teams are pretty evenly matched in terms of overall talent. Coaching, especially on offense, was the difference last night.