inspirational quotes from coach marrone

BackInDaDay

I like the part where he says one of his top-3 WR's had an excellent week of practice and deserves to be active for the game...

Then turns around and makes the player inactive.

(The house-cleaning of these idiots cannot come soon enough!!!)

That "4th and 1, unbelievable" comment was the best. Marrone probably isn't aware that going for it on 4th down other than end of game situations is legal. If he is aware of that he certainly didn't know that some times the team that goes for it actually converts. The guy just had his mind completely blown.

No one cared when jimmy cracked corn.

Were you there ? I dont think you were.

I heard that some people were pretty pissed about the whole affair.

Drives me carzy when fans make a a definitive statement like this KtD.

Its like just your opinion. Do you even know the back story about jimmy and what he was up against ?

I cannot believe for one minute that Marrone does not spit when he yells . And he chews. so its pretty awful at practice.

Recall how he dealt with DE Johnson who just got promoted from the PS ? Told him he would cut him right there and then at Fisher.

as soon as the Zanax wears off on Monday he is a frightening Coach. ask little Hackett .

Kraig Urbik and Mike Williams both wet themselves when he dressed them down for being lazy useless " people "

and thats the story of why both of those bums have not seen much of the field so far.

Were you there ? I dont think you were.

I heard that some people were pretty pissed about the whole affair.

Drives me carzy when fans make a a definitive statement like this KtD.

Its like just your opinion. Do you even know the back story about jimmy and what he was up against ?

When I was young I us'd to wait

On Massa and hand him de plate;

Pass down de bottle when he git dry,

And bresh away de blue tail fly.

 Jim crack corn I don't care,

 Ole Massa gone away.

When I was young I us'd to wait

On Massa and hand him de plate;

Pass down de bottle when he git dry,

And bresh away de blue tail fly.

 Ole Massa gone away.

So you Were there !

Nicely played Sir, very nicely indeed.

Takes me back to my youth in Leland Miss looking over the Cotton fields. seriously.

Some people mistake yelling and screaming for good coaching. Thus the calls for moron Gruden.

don't know how many of you saw last night's Inside the NFL, but when our KC segment was over, i couldn't help getting the feeling that our head coach responds more like a sulking fan on a message board than someone in a position to impact the game.

fyi - it's hard to tell exactly when these were uttered - because the show's editor had a job to do - but here are a few of his more pessimistic remarks captured during the game - directed at no one in particular:

• after the Brown fumble - "that's a touchdown.. that's not like it's not a touchdown.. that's a touchdown"
  • sometime after that - "we should be up by a helluva lot more than this"
  • after the Charles TD - "4th and 1.. unbelievable"
  • toward the end - "we had opportunities"

i'd rather hear him screaming, "they're killin' me Whitey! they're killin' me!" - than this sad sack crap.

jeez, coach.. if you're disappointed with how your team's playing - get engaged, when it counts - or buy a ticket!

don't know how many of you saw last night's Inside the NFL, but when our KC segment was over, i couldn't help getting the feeling that our head coach responds more like a sulking fan on a message board than someone in a position to impact the game.

fyi - it's hard to tell exactly when these were uttered - because the show's editor had a job to do - but here are a few of his more pessimistic remarks captured during the game - directed at no one in particular:

• after the Brown fumble - "that's a touchdown.. that's not like it's not a touchdown.. that's a touchdown"
  • sometime after that - "we should be up by a helluva lot more than this"
  • after the Charles TD - "4th and 1.. unbelievable"
  • toward the end - "we had opportunities"

i'd rather hear him screaming, "they're killin' me Whitey! they're killin' me!" - than this sad sack crap.

jeez, coach.. if you're disappointed with how your team's playing - get engaged, when it counts - or buy a ticket!

i guess you want him to be happy? he says what we all think and i like it. Maybe you want a emotionless jauron type. "we have to look at the tape" how about you post on things that matter like news or whos good or who isnt on the field. A coach feeling bad about a loss isnt post worthy.

No one cared when jimmy cracked corn.

that was nicely done. funny thing is i always remembered the song as 'jimmy crack corn, and i want some.". i have this strange feeling i combined an old negro spiritual with an advertising slogan from my youth. theres a crazy irony in there somewhere.

i still think it's relevant, though, because regardless of whatever anyone else thought, jimmy cared. we. are. jimmy.

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

Really don't know where people get off saying this. The guy's put in his time, worked in a variety of positions with different teams, at different levels of the sport. He has had multiple coaching legends voice their confidence in his ability to become a great coach and turn around Buffalo. Even the great Belicheck had to get his lumps in Cleveland. You don't step in day one at your first NFL coaching job and become great. It generally takes years, possibly several different teams and multiple demotions. I'm really reserving judgment on Marrone because it's only his second year as an NFL head coach. He was, and remains, a solid option.

Exactly. The Marrone hate is kind of hilarious to me. Far from perfect, best Buffalo has had in a long time.

that was nicely done. funny thing is i always remembered the song as 'jimmy crack corn, and i want some.". i have this strange feeling i combined an old negro spiritual with an advertising slogan from my youth. theres a crazy irony in there somewhere.

i still think it's relevant, though, because regardless of whatever anyone else thought, jimmy cared. we. are. jimmy.

Seriously heady stuff man.

ahead of your time for sure..

Jimmy likes it

seinfeld too. this thread is bigger than us all. i didn't see that angle. btw--Mississippi--you're a long way from home, even on the web. How'd you end up a bills fan?

Happens to best of us !

Quickly though , i just really got on board about 4 years ago. I was a fan back in the day with Kelly Frank Reich etc and attended the games. But had a ****ty game experience with my young Son and I left the team

But i truly think this team is headed in the right direction after so many years dont know why i am now obsessed but i am.

Go Bills !

Thanks brother. good people all around here these days makes it a pleasure to to be a fan.

eric