buffalo reaches the absolute depths

...and here I thought that I had to worry about the Bloods and Crips coming to Buffalo. Now I have to worry about the Scientologists fighting turf wars.

Coming soon to a theater near you....

West Side Story II...All gangs unite to take on the Scientologists for control of the abandoned Ted's Hot Dog stand on Porter.

:D:angry:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How has Masiello, mayor of a sizeable city, never heard of all the conflict surrounding Scientology? Way to keep up on events, and way to educate yourself on a topic of one of your speeches....assdart.

225390[/snapback]

Buffalo politicians don't see anything because they have their heads in their asses. Remember when Gorski was shocked when he heard the Bills might leave if they didn't get a better lease deal and was certain another team would fill the void? I'm convinced that most of these guys have rarely, if ever, left the area and traveled around the country or world (the trip you took back to Gdansk, Poland to see your mom's birthplace doesn't count). They still operate under the impression that Buffalo is one of the largest cities in the country. I think Greensboro, N.C. just passed Buffalo to bump us out of the top 50 metro areas in population. Way to go politicos. You guys are top notch.

It's a miracle that they didn't give the Aud to Scientology. Let's just consider ourselves fortunate.

Someone wrote a book about Hubbard and the founding of Scientology.

L Ron Hubbard was the living embodiment of Hitler's maxim that people would believe the big lie far more readily than the small lie.

His whole LIFE was a lie.

225460[/snapback]

Yep.

To imagine there is a large group of Americans and others that think of this man as the "head" of their religion is beyond incomprehensable. He should not be mentioned in the same sentence with Relgion or God or Good except to note the irony. He is one of the true "bad" guys, with a regard for truth, beauty and goodness rivaled historicly only by monsters like Hitler and Stalin.

http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/religion.../l-ron-hubbard/

Check this out. Truly, no greater man ever lived. :D

The COS is nothing more than a cult with extremely deep pockets, stay well away from them...

http://www.rotten.com/library/religion/scientology/

There is lots of cool stuff in this library, however, I strongly discourage looking at the main site for those faint at heart....

I know someone who "lost" her sister to TCOS in California....her sister took her kids and went to live with other "members", and she cut herself and her kids off from her husband and the rest of the family because they were non-believers. :w00t:

TCOS enlists certain celebrities into their membership with the promise they can "cure" their homosexuality......if you know anything about the TCOS I don't have to name any names.

There are many well intentioned individuals - seekers - who wind up in this group.  They prey on the vulnerable. 

225202[/snapback]

With all due respect this seems to be a tactic of all religions. My elderley aunt is wired in pretty good with her priest and his lawyer. She is loaded as her husband died and left her allot of cash. They know that and are working her pretty good. Anyway. All religion is a cult fairy tale to me anyway so you know where im coming from.

Any attempt by anyone to manipulate a vulnerable person for their own gain is a supreme violation. That individuals do it, however, is in no way related to a "religion" that specializes. That very organization is "evil."

These are the new Masons.......be wary.

:w00t:  :doh:  :doh:

225524[/snapback]

When you say Mason you mean Freemason, correct? I understand that their ceremony is wraped up in "mystery" but I have no idea what they are about. Are they a cult? Anyone want to elaborate?

Before we go off on the word "cult" everyone should understand that even Christianity was considered a cult in its time. In many respects a cult is nothing but an indicator of newness or the small number of participants. My religious beliefs could be called cultish. The key here, I think, is: does a group "indoctrinate? Does it Manipulate? Or just say "here is some cool stuff. What do you think."

When you say Mason you mean Freemason, correct?  I understand that their ceremony is wraped up in "mystery" but I have no idea what they are about.  Are they a cult?  Anyone want to elaborate?

Before we go off on the word "cult" everyone should understand that even Christianity was considered a cult in its time.  In many respects a cult is nothing but an indicator of newness or the small number of participants.  My religious beliefs could be called cultish.  The key here, I think, is: does a group "indoctrinate?  Does it Manipulate?  Or just say "here is some cool stuff.  What do you think."

225648[/snapback]

The Wall is a cult.

Read The DaVinci Code. You'll sleep well.

Some good replys, especially from Alg. Scientology is a cult and a fraud. L Ron Hubbard, whom Scientologist claim was a war hero- in actuallity he was a paranoid schizoprenic who got kicked out of the military. They have a huge intelligence network and like to use blackmail and extortion. His books are garbage but Scientologists have huge resources. They will continually purchase books and resell them so they can stay on best sellers lists. Books are recycled. Sometimes books arrive at say Barnes and Nobel and there is Walmart stickers still on the book. They have you take a test to evaluate if courses would be beneficial to you. Of course everyone according to the test has courses recomended. Each course costs more and more money. Eventually there are million dollar courses. Supposedly after you spend all you money to reach this stage they inform you L Ron Hubbard is God. They use blackmail bigtime. Supposedly Travolta is gay and they have proof. Thats a big rumour. I could go on and on. Dont ever use Scientology and Christianity in the same sentence!

When you say Mason you mean Freemason, correct?  I understand that their ceremony is wraped up in "mystery" but I have no idea what they are about.  Are they a cult?  Anyone want to elaborate?

Before we go off on the word "cult" everyone should understand that even Christianity was considered a cult in its time.  In many respects a cult is nothing but an indicator of newness or the small number of participants.  My religious beliefs could be called cultish.  The key here, I think, is: does a group "indoctrinate?  Does it Manipulate?  Or just say "here is some cool stuff.  What do you think."

225648[/snapback]

When you get to 33rd degree level Mason.....you get inducted into the "Illuminati" and one of the Rothschild spawn of Satan descendants gives you your lifetime membership card.

:doh:

:D

I don't care for these secret societies.....I think we shuould overthrow all of them.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :doh::w00t:

All I had to read in that article was Scientology and I immediately closed the window. Scientology is a pseudoscience/crack-pot scam designed by none other than Mr. Battlefield Earth himself, L. Ron Hubbard. Basically, when he realized no one was buying his self-help books anymore, he decided to try and bilk people by claiming that it was a legitimate religion. Among other things, some of the highlights of this farce are the ability to turn yourself invisible and to have conversations with aliens. Once you pay a small fortune in fees for Ron's help in obtaining this level of zen.

Perhaps it has changed since Hubbard is dead. I would guess not.

225147[/snapback]

I pretty much agree with you, except that I think part of Hubbards's motivation in turning his psychobabble quackery into a religion was to get government regulaters of medical practice off their backs. If it is religion, Hubbard would have argued, the government has no right to interfere under the constitution.

In his ignorant endorsement of Scientology, Masiello, in addition to demonstrating his utter stupidity, came dangerously close to violating the constitutional edict against the government sponsoring religion. I really wonder why there weren't all kinds of people up in arms and calling for Masiello's head over that incident.

I pretty much agree with you, except that I think part of Hubbards's motivation in turning his psychobabble quackery into a religion was to get government regulaters of medical practice off their backs.  If it is religion, Hubbard would have argued, the government has no right to interfere under the constitution.

In his ignorant endorsement of Scientology, Masiello, in addition to demonstrating his utter stupidity, came dangerously close to violating the constitutional edict against the government sponsoring religion.  I really wonder why there weren't all kinds of people up in arms and calling for Masiello's head over that incident.

225740[/snapback]

Did anyone ever cover it? I don't remember hearing anything about this at the time. Then again, I may just be desensitized to the silliness of local politics...If there isn't an uproar now, there will never be....

And the last time this asstool ran, he ran unopposed.

Masiello makes Griffin and Gorski look like Rhodes scholars.

DDAAAAAAARR, he PLAYED BASKEEETBILL at KUHNEEESHUSS......

well, gotta vote him in......he went dat dere Jezzebelluhwit school.

:w00t::doh::doh::D:doh::doh::doh:

Was that a picture of Jenna Dorkman from Darmasan Cheese & Greg?

I guess she was in Buffalo for the Frank Lloyd Wright houses and stumbled upon a "Scientology" exhibit.

Nice to know that 10 tons of Fun Franczak was there. That guy can't have a heart attack fast enough.