Goodwin = The Second Coming of TJ

ONE CATCH. That's what he has this year. Yeah, it was a big one, but one catch is one catch. TJ Graham had one catch today for 67 yards! Everyone piled on TJ Graham for being a speedy, one dimensional, injury-prone bust. Which would make the (now injured again) Marquis what? Please give me one objective reason why Marquis is thought to be better than TJ. Drafting one of these guys was a reach. Drafting two in a row? Decisions like that are why we're stuck in mediocrity.

ONE CATCH. That's what he has this year. Yeah, it was a big one, but one catch is one catch. TJ Graham had one catch today for 67 yards! Everyone piled on TJ Graham for being a speedy, one dimensional, injury-prone bust. Which would make the (now injured again) Marquis what? Please give me one objective reason why Marquis is thought to be better than TJ. Drafting one of these guys was a reach. Drafting two in a row? Decisions like that are why we're stuck in mediocrity.

In terms of ineptness, McKelvin I would equate to TJ Graham. It's amazing he will be going on 7 years as a starter.

One reason? I'll give you two: he can actually catch and I don't think he's being used properly. He's not a kick returner, kick returners make cuts and change directions quickly; Goodwin is a track guy and runs straight, fast. Create a mismatch with him, audible to a screen if the corners are playing off and hot route a fly when there's a man blitz or only one high safety.

At least Goodwin got some yards on returns. What about the drops by Lee Smith, Watkins, and Chandler?

It's also kind of funny this thread pops up the day TJ had like a 68-yard TD pass lol

That's what made me start this thread. Goodwin has been living off that one bomb he caught all year long. Now TJ is even. They really are the exact same player. Is Mike Williams not able to earn reps over this guy? Is he that finished or does Marrone just hate him that much? Or Orton?

One reason? I'll give you two: he can actually catch and I don't think he's being used properly. Goodwin is a track guy and runs straight, fast.

word. use dude properly: when we're on the five, line him up as a rb, pitch the ball back, let him long jump that mother into the end zone.

Goodwin can't stay healthy. Even when he is healthy he doesn't really do much for our offense as the 4th WR.

TJ Graham gets hated on much more because of who we passed on in order to draft him. If we took Goodwin over a QB that turned out to be good then I think he'd get the same reception from the fans as TJ did.

If Mike Williams isnt going to be part of this team, I hope Whaley realizes we are missing a tall receiver we can throw fades to in the EZ which would help our red zone efficiency. If Goodwin cant be a Welker type receiver I dont see a role for a 5'8 deep threat, not many of those in the NFL.

If Mike Williams isnt going to be part of this team, I hope Whaley realizes we are missing a tall receiver we can throw fades to in the EZ which would help our red zone efficiency. If Goodwin cant be a Welker type receiver I dont see a role for a 5'8 deep threat, not many of those in the NFL.

Tavon Austin without the moves. At least we didn't trade a bunch of worthwhile picks for him.

Goodwin is a better receiver than TJ, he just can't stay healthy enough to be a regular contributor.

That's my point. Why do people keep saying that Marquis is a better receiver. Based on what actual performance rather than just impressions? Yeah, TJ dropped a fair number of balls, but you gotta get open to drop 'em. Not even being targeted is just as damning.

That's what made me start this thread. Goodwin has been living off that one bomb he caught all year long. Now TJ is even. They really are the exact same player.

Not even close. The only thing they have in common is speed. Goodwin has great hands and is great at tracking the ball in the air. He's very good at timing his jumps. He's a very good blocker. TJ is terrible, absolutely terrible at all of those things.

He gets hurt way too much though. He shouldn't be returning kicks.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Tavon Austin without the moves. At least we didn't trade a bunch of worthwhile picks for him.

That's my point. Why do people keep saying that Marquis is a better receiver. Based on what actual performance rather than just impressions? Yeah, TJ dropped a fair number of balls, but you gotta get open to drop 'em. Not even being targeted is just as damning.

Last year Goodwin played a great game agaisnt the Jets where he didn't just run go routes for TDs. He took a lot of hits and didn't get hurt.

That being said, it really sucks seeing guys like John Brown play huge roles for their teams every game and we spent two recent draft picks on guys that couldn't do it.

Not even close. The only thing they have in common is speed. Goodwin has great hands and is great at tracking the ball in the air. He's very good at timing his jumps. He's a very good blocker. TJ is terrible, absolutely terrible at all of those things.

He gets hurt way too much though. He shouldn't be returning kicks.

Again, where do you actually see this? You just described a pretty awesome player. World class speed. Great hands. Uncanny ability to track the ball in the air. Great at timing going up for contested balls. And a fantastic blocker to boot. Dude must have what, 50 catches? 8 TDs? What do you mean ONE CATCH?

EDIT: And remember, 17 catches last year. 18 in 25 games. TJ has 56 catches in 41 career games. Again, which one is having the better NFL career so far?

Edited by The Frankish Reich

You see it since he came to the team. He did it last year. He's been hurt all of this year. Believe me, he's been extremely disappointing this season. But in preseason over two years and in games, when the ball is thrown to him you see those things. When it isn't thrown to him you can see him block. He's been worthless this year as you said, only one catch, because he can't stay healthy. He's much more like roscoe in that respect. A huge disappointment this year, and if he can't stay healthy his talent does us no good. He's Tony Moeaki.

Nope. TJ Graham and Marquise Goodwin are nothing alike. Goodwin posses football talent that is dynamic. Graham posses athletic talent that is dynamic. Goodwin is a walking injury that is never on the field. Graham is a running liability that is always available. He gets open and he remains healthy. Goodwin has not had the opportunity to get open, he's been injured.

One is not better then the other but if I had to choose I would choose dependability over occasional, seldom flashes in the pan

No, Goodwin is Roscoe

Roscoe contributed.

In his first 2 seasons, 26 games, Roscoe had 38 catches for 468 yards. He played 8 seasons.

Goodwin has 18 receptions, 325 yards.

Parish also averaged 26.5 a return his rookie year, Goodwin only 21.9. Big difference.

At least Goodwin got some yards on returns. What about the drops by Lee Smith, Watkins, and Chandler?

It's also kind of funny this thread pops up the day TJ had like a 68-yard TD pass lol

TJ Graham being on the field will eventually get a pass caught in and break one. He has too much speed to not score.