Nice coaching, awesome job

in your opinion, he is. No need to comment beyond that, have a good day.

Name one current NFL head coach that with 2 weeks prep on each side and identical rosters going head to head, that Marrone could beat. You might be able to grasp for 3 or 4 but that is it and it would be grasping. This team has 12 win talent and 2 win coaching.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well sheesh, if we don't have a HC who can destroy Andy Reid's #1 ranked defense filled with Pro-Bowlers, he's gotta go. Mike McCoy also. He lost to KC too!!!!

20 points would really be destroying them, wouldn't it? Oh, and they're 19th against the run, #1 against the pass. So, pass pass pass!

Yeah, definitely looks like you have no interest in looking prescient.

I said it sucks because I wanted to see them win.

No need to have your head in the sand just because they won, and I'll admit, there is probably not such a need to be critical. But I expect better. I'd be surprised if you didn't, too.

hey genius, tell me how many people credited Marrone when Sammy got that winning TD against the Vikings? Or when Carpenter hit a 55 yarder against the Lions? I'll help you, zero, because those were fantastic individual plays.

:lol:

I would definitely not shoot him with a cannon, but I would fire him.

I would have him sacked. Preferably by people dressed as Huns or Visigoths.

After each loss (and in a few of the wins), there seems to be a different excuse for the play of this team...the QB, the offensive coordinator, the head coach, the offensive line, penalties, turnovers...etc, etc, etc...

All I know is this: They played a completely winnable game, at home, after a bye week, with the opportunity today to take a big step forward as a playoff contender and as a team - and gave us a performance (and results) we have seen time and time again.

They are 5-4 and, Intellectually, I know they still have an opportunity to have a successful season. Yet, games like today make me wonder if the losing culture of this team is truly changing. I know it is a product of the disappointment I feel right now...but still....

Name one current NFL head coach that with 2 weeks prep on each side and identical rosters going head to head, that Marrone could beat. You might be able to grasp for 3 or 4 but that is it and it would be grasping. This team has 12 win talent and 2 win coaching.

Pettine. Bradley. Philbin. Rex Ryan. Tony Sparano. Andy Reid. Whisenhunt. Jeff Fisher.

Goodwin....a speed guy....needs to run a deep pattern during the game sometime and get a chance to outrun somebody, which he can do. He doesn't need to return a kickoff and stick his nose in there up the middle and get hurt again. Goodwin may have value, but they are not using him correctly imho. He is too injury prone to be on the team....I say he has to go if he is not good enough when healthy to be a top 3 receiver....and apparently he is not.

The Bills also need a second and third TE that can catch.....throws to both backup TE's were on the turf......Gragg has zero hands, and neither does Lee Smith. A BIG need in the next draft.....Chandler still serviceable...but no superstar either.

Coaching...lots of good plays, and for a change, I thought the bills actually did adjust at halftime to get the O going. None the less...the lack of comprehensive make sense play sequencing is bothersome to say the least. I did actually see a screen pass (Hackett has at least heard of it, apparently) Of course, Boobie Dixon decides to run by the three O linemen in front of him. Instead of getting 25 he gets 10.

ACTUALLY, NEITHER TEAM LOOKED LIKE A PLAYOFF TEAM TO ME.

20 points would really be destroying them, wouldn't it? Oh, and they're 19th against the run, #1 against the pass. So, pass pass pass!

I said it sucks because I wanted to see them win.

So you think saying, "those who cautioned that Marrone sucks look awfully right today," added anything of substance to your post? Or maybe, just maybe, you were looking for a shred of vindication for being right?

And of course, I can't believe we passed. Our O-line is so great and our RB's are fully healthy, and not fumble-prone, and not special teamers. Play to your strengths, am I right!

Edited by FireChan

The problem I had with the coaching staff today was the not going for it on 4th and 1, twice. Then the four consecutive pass plays on the last possession. There was plenty of time left on the clock and it wasn't goal to go. They needed just the first down and completely ignored the run.

also wondered why we didn't continue to pressure KC on their last possesion before the half ended - call our TOs, and force them to claw for yards that would allow them to keep possession. we took our foot off their throats, and were satisfied to keep them from gaining scoring position. i know we were getting the ball to start the 2nd half, but you never know where a defensive turnover may come..

I am amazed by all these fire the coach threads. It is easy to say fire the coach.

Where did I, or anyone else, say to fire the coach?

So you think saying, "those who cautioned that Marrone sucks look awfully right today," added anything of substance to your post? Or maybe, just maybe, you were looking for a shred of vindication for being right?

I really don't give a damn. But plenty of people were seeming to suggest that the problems didn't exist because they had won.

Why should I waste time arguing with you when you had Marrone already pegged as a loser coach?

And we don't have a QB to reach 12 wins in a year consistently. we could get a hot streak with Orton, but he's not an elite QB, I like him but he's not elite.

Edited by Fixxxer

Yeah, definitely looks like you have no interest in looking prescient.

I don't want to speak for him but I simply want the Bills to win and every week with this doofus as a head coach is a wasted week. The is a zero.zero % chance he ever wins a Super Bowl if he coaches the most talented team in the NFL every year from now until he is 85. He views his trips to the Pinstripe Bowl as a grand achievement. It was an achievement for the SU program. There is no Pinstripe Bowl in the NFL. You can't tinkle away games -- didn't want to use a bad word there --- and go anywhere.

He continues to put people in his doghouse. Mike Williams could have easily been in play on the red zone drive; instead he was in khakis or whatever because Marrone is either stupid or sensitive or both. Instead we have Brad Lamb or whoever trying to outmuscle a guy twice his size. It's a joke.

I'm aware, which is why the decision was so bad. Instead of giving the game to your defense and Carpenter, they gave it to the offense on a fourth and long against the league's top redzone defense. That's terrible in-game-management.

I agree. We were, and are on the same page. I was just pointing that out to the fans just blaming the fumbles or Orton.

Kick the FG, and its a one point game. Then Carpenter just needed the Bills to get to the KC 40, and its a probable Bills win.

This one I blame more on the players than the coaches. And we have won three games right at the end, and lost two.

It's really tough to blame Schwartz when he called such a great game and his defense was ridiculously good, but rushing three on third and 8 was a head scratcher.

Hackett called a very good game outside of the red zone and then he just outsmarted himself.

Marrone is very erratic on in game decisions. I didnt mind some of the ones people here are all over him for.

The Cheifs only made a few big plays the entire game but they made them when most needed.

Chandler and Bryce Brown on that fumble was just brutal. Leodis has his history of screwing up at the worst time. The call against Chandler for interference was a bullcrap call but no reason for him to do it either.

The real problem for me was that the old Bills lose a game like this. I was hoping with new coaches, new owners, new stars, new QB these may not be the old Bills but some new Bills, that pull these games out. They did it against the Lions and Vikes. But they just blew it today. They have to win the next three, no easy feat.

I don't want to speak for him but I simply want the Bills to win and every week with this doofus as a head coach is a wasted week. The is a zero.zero % chance he ever wins a Super Bowl if he coaches the most talented team in the NFL every year from now until he is 85. He views his trips to the Pinstripe Bowl as a grand achievement. It was an achievement for the SU program. There is no Pinstripe Bowl in the NFL. You can't tinkle away games -- didn't want to use a bad word there --- and go anywhere.

He continues to put people in his doghouse. Mike Williams could have easily been in play on the red zone drive; instead he was in khakis or whatever because Marrone is either stupid or sensitive or both. Instead we have Brad Lamb or whoever trying to outmuscle a guy twice his size. It's a joke.

You didn't make the topic, nor claim that you have no interest in being prescient. RTDB did, on both accounts.

I don't disagree with some of Marrone's negatives, but I don't like perceived faults that don't stand up to any kind of critical thinking. Nor do I like knee-jerk double standards.

So many people complaining about the 4 passing attempts. Had we run(and gotten stuffed) on first down it would have been dubbed predictable by the board.....and then what? 3 passes....or another "predictable" run on second.....leading to pass, pass?

People really need to learn that a play that doesn't work doesn't necessarily mean it is a bad play......and conversely a play that does work doesn't necessarily mean it is a good play.

It just baffles me that for so many fans, the complexities of playcalling boils down to "should have run instead of passing".....or "should have passed instead of running". It's like people think the coaches are playing a simpler two option version of rock/paper/scissors.

Edited by Dibs

After each loss (and in a few of the wins), there seems to be a different excuse for the play of this team...the QB, the offensive coordinator, the head coach, the offensive line, penalties, turnovers...etc, etc, etc...

All I know is this: They played a completely winnable game, at home, after a bye week, with the opportunity today to take a big step forward as a playoff contender and as a team - and gave us a performance (and results) we have seen time and time again.

They are 5-4 and, Intellectually, I know they still have an opportunity to have a successful season. Yet, games like today make me wonder if the losing culture of this team is truly changing. I know it is a product of the disappointment I feel right now...but still....

well said.. fans of this team for the last 40-50 years have developed a 6th sense of imminent doom - as in, "i see bad losses". keep yer chin up.. :thumbsup: