Muslim Cleveland Cavaliers player skips national anthem before games

For all we know he's in the back praying, totally fine with me.

It doesnt matter what he is doing "in the back" or praying to whatever diety.

The Team that he is on, is standing at attention out on the court.

No one gets to pick and choose what policies they will follow at work in the real world..............this includes the NBA.

It doesnt matter what he is doing "in the back" or praying to whatever diety.

The Team that he is on, is standing at attention out on the court.

No one gets to pick and choose what policies they will follow at work in the real world..............this includes the NBA.

In the real world, people aren't generally forced to do something that goes against their religious beliefs. Not sure why NBA would be any different. If he feels some part of the Anthem goes against his faith, then so be it. I thought America was about freedoms?

In the real world, people aren't generally forced to do something that goes against their religious beliefs. Not sure why NBA would be any different. If he feels some part of the Anthem goes against his faith, then so be it. I thought America was about freedoms?

This is very true. We all have the freedom to act like a dumbass. Lord knows I do it myself on s daily basis. Some may consider my second sentence my first dumdass act of the day and that's fine but you'd be wrong. It's all least my third or fourth.

Still haven't seen someone say he has no right, it is just that he is a blatant hypocrite.

Why? The star spangled banner is not to do with God but is to do with country.

Let him expatriate himself

Not that I support his stance, but according to strict Muslim beliefs, they're not allowed to celebrate anything else besides Allah. (which include not being able to listen to popular music unless it praises allah. Can't be a fan of anything besides the Koran.)

He has the freedom to make a fool of himself.

Not that I support his stance, but according to strict Muslim beliefs, they're not allowed to celebrate anything else besides Allah. (which include not being able to listen to popular music unless it praises allah. Can't be a fan of anything besides the Koran.)

He has the freedom to make a fool of himself.

So when they win a measly game or a birthday comes up... Yeah. Logic behind that. Allah is lame.

Disiiregardless who he believes in. He is a douche.

Way to judge based on one media story.

he does not have to give us further rqson, nor does he have to even acknowledge this at all. But he can still have his freedom to express himself and while he chooses to do so in a way that not honoring this country, though in a way that is , well, I just hope he remembers.

he does not have to give us further rqson, nor does he have to even acknowledge this at all. But he can still have his freedom to express himself and while he chooses to do so in a way that not honoring this country, though in a way that is , well, I just hope he remembers.

Let me reiterate: You're basing your opinion based on one article. For all anyone really knows, the dude could have had an upset stomach or needed to replace a shoelace. The only thing I got out of the original piece was that the "reporter" wasn't good enough to ask even simple follow up questions to clarify exactly what the player was saying.

http://www.cleveland...guard_dion.html

Unless you don't want to conduct gay marriages . . . Then your religious beliefs don't matter.

Unless you don't want to conduct gay marriages . . . Then your religious beliefs don't matter.

Is that really an issue? Are churches being forced to conduct gay marriages?

To me, there's a large difference between the government being forced to apply laws equally and churches being forced to adapt their religions to modern conventions (within reason, of course - you're not going to be allowed to sacrifice virgins, for example).