do you consider Sammy to be a rookie phenom?

Tampa Bob

oh you "completely "disagree...isee...evidenced by one catch. Notice that isnt the kind you "go up" for, also, no ones on him grappling for the ball with him here....also I said he has good hands, like in this catch....he also goes down while hardly being touched on this play btw. you ignore many plays i guess that watkins doesnt try like the whole san diego game, try rewatching that and using the word "completely" better or rereading my point. I obviously thought you were open to discussion and other points of viewes but your already infatuated with watkins beyond convincing.

It's not one catch, just the most readily available to link. And I disagree it's not one you "go up" for, his reach back, tipping to himself allowed him to not only catch the ball, but keep gaining yards while he secures it. That's more effective than just jumping up for it and coming down with it in this case.

Health is everything, as we're seeing this year and saw last year. WRs are supposed to go down like Sammy does. It's far better for the team for him to get the yards he can and get down/out of bounds before taking unnecessary contact.

rewatch the lack of effort in san diego and also a few non-catches in the houston game and get back to me....im not saying he doesnt get open or catch well, stop being blind homers and watch the plays again....Im not making them up. If you dont want to admit/accept they happened than go on thinking hes the next randy moss/jerry rice and can do no wrong....like the showboating in new jersey.

Quick, what were the two factors in both those games that could have led to that? Go!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rewatch the lack of effort in san diego and also a few non-catches in the houston game and get back to me....im not saying he doesnt get open or catch well, stop being blind homers and watch the plays again....Im not making them up. If you dont want to admit/accept they happened than go on thinking hes the next randy moss/jerry rice and can do no wrong....like the showboating in new jersey.

I sat 5 rows from the field in Houston and guys ran free all day. That was as poor a QB performance as I have ever seen. He was also playing with broken ribs. You will not find one person in the scouting community that is not totally enamored with his game. It literally has no holes. If you want to link the clips from those games from the All-22 I would love to see those plays. I will be willing to admit that I am wrong if you show those.

It's ironic though that you are criticizing the guy for "taking plays off" and then praising Randy Moss who was notorious for that. Watkins numbers are almost identical to Randy Moss through 8 games FWIW.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

It's ironic though that you are criticizing the guy for "taking plays off" and then praising Randy Moss who was notorious for that. Watkins numbers are almost identical to Randy Moss through 8 games FWIW.

That really is ironic. Moss not only took plays off, didn't he announce that he only plays when he wants to play? Slacker is one thing - slackwer who brags about it is something else! But what God given talent. (A shame he lacked the work ethic to make the most of it every game, every year.)

Apparently he said that shortly after signing an 8 year 93 million dollar extension. How about this response: "We only pay when we want to pay".

I sat 5 rows from the field in Houston and guys ran free all day. That was as poor a QB performance as I have ever seen. He was also playing with broken ribs. You will not find one person in the scouting community that is not totally enamored with his game. It literally has no holes. If you want to link the clips from those games from the All-22 I would love to see those plays. I will be willing to admit that I am wrong if you show those.

wow how you guys change what was said to suit your argument never ceases to amaze. I said moss went up better than anyone for a 50/50 type ball. I also said maybe sammy took it easy in those situations due to his ribs...then you say it was his ribs and he should have taken it easy. Maybe you never really read the posts of others properly?

anywho my point again if you could actually concentrate and read this is....he hasnt shown any ability to jump up while being bodied by a defender and come down with something...he also goes down very easy after a catch (minus the jets td) i want to see him outfight people on jump balls and do more rac. I challenge anyone here to find a clip this year where he goes up high and out fightss a guy for a catch. i can find at least 5 where he barely saves a pick and doesnt make the catch on potential big play passes. Dont argue...FIND THE CLIP.... ill admit I was wrong.....find one please talkers.

wow how you guys change what was said to suit your argument never ceases to amaze. I said moss went up better than anyone for a 50/50 type ball. I also said maybe sammy took it easy in those situations due to his ribs...then you say it was his ribs and he should have taken it easy. Maybe you never really read the posts of others properly?

anywho my point again if you could actually concentrate and read this is....he hasnt shown any ability to jump up while being bodied by a defender and come down with something...he also goes down very easy after a catch (minus the jets td) i want to see him outfight people on jump balls and do more rac. I challenge anyone here to find a clip this year where he goes up high and out fightss a guy for a catch. i can find at least 5 where he barely saves a pick and doesnt make the catch on potential big play passes. Dont argue...FIND THE CLIP.... ill admit I was wrong.....find one please talkers.

Now please start supplying all of the clips of him losing battles in traffic:

http://youtu.be/SACKxzn9YJA

Edited by Kirby Jackson

No, I completely disagree with that assessment -- evidenced by the final drive in Detroit.

HIGrX6J.gif

With all due respect. He said Watkins tends to knock it out of the air. The clip you supplied helps his arguement. I am on your side Watkins wise but I just dont think the clip you supplied was the right choice for the arguement

With all due respect. He said Watkins tends to knock it out of the air. The clip you supplied helps his arguement. I am on your side Watkins wise but I just dont think the clip you supplied was the right choice for the arguement

That's kind of why I chose it. The poster was claiming that he never sees Sammy go up for balls thus he's soft/not as good as Benjamin et al (paraphrased of course). Some uber athletic WRs would have gone up and back for that ball, stopping momentum and coming down about five yards short of where Sammy eventually took it. Had he (or any WR) had done that, it would have been a good or even great catch. But Sammy's catch radius is such that he doesn't need to go up for balls that most WRs do, and in fact, it's a better play in the end as he gets an extra five or six yards doing what he does.

Why do you guys even bother replying to enlightener? It's obvious that sammy is a stud. We know it. He's better than Benjamin. We know it. Everyone in the football world knows it. It was a great trade. We have a future hall of famer barring injury. Be happy about it and don't let the troll raise your blood pressure.

Edited by NewEra

Now please start supplying all of the clips of him losing battles in traffic:

http://youtu.be/SACKxzn9YJA

i am referring to his pro games obviously....not to say i told you so but i saw another 3-4 1v1 big time catches that he didnt make again....I dont want him to have a hole in his game but itd be nice for him to catch something with a guy in his face. Guess we can just watch the clemson clip and not worry how we lost to the cheifs today.

i am referring to his pro games obviously....not to say i told you so but i saw another 3-4 1v1 big time catches that he didnt make again....I dont want him to have a hole in his game but itd be nice for him to catch something with a guy in his face. Guess we can just watch the clemson clip and not worry how we lost to the cheifs today.

Or you can ignore when he did go up for a ball in the endzone and saved an INT on a poor throw by Orton. Whatever helps your crusade, brother.

Why do you guys even bother replying to enlightener?

maybe because so far im right. i dont want to be, i wish sammy was a total stud. hes good on the run but he goes down too quick and cant come up with the deep ball in traffic. Sorry i guess the new homer war begins. maybe in two years you all can agree w me like you did regarding SJ. finally

Or you can ignore when he did go up for a ball in the endzone and saved an INT on a poor throw by Orton. Whatever helps your crusade, brother.

whats my crusade? that i dont think hes perfect and totally awesome? So now preventing INTs is your excuse for him not catching it? did Moss make his name preventing ints? How about AJ green? laughable. why not admit now Watkins came up empty today in jump balls and the deep balls thrown his way? Edited by enlightener

whats my crusade? that i dont think hes perfect and totally awesome? So now preventing INTs is your excuse for him not catching it? did Moss make his name preventing tds? How about AJ green? laughable.

Your logic is what's laughable. But whatever, brother. Keep on doubting. One day you might have a legitimate point to make, but this one isn't one of them.

Ha ha, you said this year and I showed you a clip from this year. You have yet to supply the clip where someone beat him in that situation. You waited until he played a game with a 1/2 of a groin and tried to prove a point. You may very we'll be the worst poster in TBD and that's saying something. You are totally clueless and an antagonist besides. Take your lack of football knowledge over to the Pats site where you will fit right in.