Paper Tigers

jumbalaya

In years past when the Bills had a good start, versus sucking from the very beginning, they were quickly exposed during this part of the season and the team became irrelevant until draft day.

The next two games will tell us if we have a contending team. KC will be tough to beat at home as will Miami on the road in the heat. Maronne better have them better prepared for Florida than he did last year in Tampa.

This year our season won't be over before December so that is progress. But if we drop to 5-5 we can start talking about our pick in round 2.

I am thinking our defense wins one of these two and we are in for a buffalo stampede.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This year our season won't be over before December so that is progress. But if we drop to 5-5 we can start talking about our pick in round 2.

If we lose the next two, our season is over before December.

I think we need to win all 4 of the next games to have a shot at playoffs.

I've said before, I don't expect us to beat NE, GB or Denver so these 4 (or atleast 3 out of 4) are crucial.

In years past when the Bills had a good start, versus sucking from the very beginning, they were quickly exposed during this part of the season and the team became irrelevant until draft day.

The next two games will tell us if we have a contending team. KC will be tough to beat at home as will Miami on the road in the heat. Maronne better have them better prepared for Florida than he did last year in Tampa.

I am thinking our defense wins one of these two and we are in for a buffalo stampede.

Miami game is on Thursday night. Night time low is expected to be around 65 degrees. Don't think there will be an issue with the heat. Other than that, I agree.

Defense has already been stellar and the offense should only improve as Orton gets more playing time with the rest of the starters. Strongest team we've have in a decade imo.

Granted. But given the teams the Bills have fielded in the past decade, that is saying very little.

I've said before, I don't expect us to beat NE, GB or Denver so these 4 (or atleast 3 out of 4) are crucial.

I hear you and you're probably not wrong, but I'm not certain why everyone is chalking GB up as an automatic loss. It's a home game and the Packers haven't been that impressive this year. Of course any team lead by Aaron Rodgers is dangerous, but this is a winnable game. The more the season has gone on, the more winnable it seems to me.

Agree. These next two games are a chin check for playoffs. If they're a contender they will get two Ws. If they are pretender they will go 0-2. If they go 1-1 its still TBD.

I hear you and you're probably not wrong, but I'm not certain why everyone is chalking GB up as an automatic loss. It's a home game and the Packers haven't been that impressive this year. Of course any team lead by Aaron Rodgers is dangerous, but this is a winnable game. The more the season has gone on, the more winnable it seems to me.

GB isn't that good regardless of Rodgers greatness. They got manhandled by DET, barely beat MIA on a last second TD, and were obliterated by NO. It's a very winnable game for the Bills.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

If we can't get 1 win out of those 3 games then this is a pretty sorry team.

I think this was a really good time for bye for this team. This is going to be a close game, but I think they should beat KC. Not that it has anything to do with this year, but they should have won that damn game last year! Uhg, that was frustrating watching Tuel literal throw that game away.

As far as the fish. Earlier in the year it was the first time in many years that the 2 teams met and both had a winning record, it must be forever since both times they played they each had a winning record. Anyway, heat shouldn't be an issue. it should be pretty comfortable by kickoff. Should be a ton of Bills fans in attendance. Too early to call this one, we'll see what happens this week.

I agree! If you are a Playoff Caliber team GB is a team you should be able to hold your own against and it should not be chalked up as a loss. Otherwise you are not a Playoff Caliber team!

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

search any thread that starts with 5-3 and you can read all this schit

http://forums.twobil...-5-3-afc-teams/

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/172677-5-3-at-the-halfway-point-now-what/

and or halftime

http://forums.twobil...72667-halftime/

IN

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Ever since Kiko sacrificed himself to the football gods before the season started the Bills have been lucky with injuries. I realize Spiller is out for the season now as well but the Bills are probably one of the healthiest teams in the league going into week 10. I have a really good feeling about the second half of the season and 10-6 doesn't seem nearly as far-fetched as it did in week 1.

I have to say I would not be surprised if the Bills went 2-6 or 6-2 in the next 8 games (or anywhere in between).

It is very possible for them to win 5 games and get into the playoffs. But 14 years of history has me thinking they will come up short. I'm thinking 3-5 down the stretch and finish 8-8. But we shall see how it plays out. Can't wait.

I have to say I would not be surprised if the Bills went 2-6 or 6-2 in the next 8 games (or anywhere in between).

It is very possible for them to win 5 games and get into the playoffs. But 14 years of history has me thinking they will come up short. I'm thinking 3-5 down the stretch and finish 8-8. But we shall see how it plays out. Can't wait.

I seriously want to understand this line of thinking. Please explain if you don't mind.