Sammy Watkins: ESPN NFL Live Midseason OROY

@ESPNNFL

Our NFL LIVE Midseason Offensive Rookie of the Year goes to @BuffaloBills WR Sammy Watkins.

B1oKYYyIUAAoX0U.png

'NFL Live' selects Sammy Watkins midseason offensive rookie of the year

Last week, Buffalo Bills wide receiver Sammy Watkins was named the NFL's offensive rookie of October.

On Tuesday, Watkins took home another prestigious honor when voters named him the midseason offensive rookie of the year for ESPN's "NFL Live" program.

I still think that title belongs to Fred.

Sammy looks like a great player but "heart and soul" is a title not easily or quickly earned.

possibly a thinly veiled attempt to carry his Fred crusade to the Sammy thread. Edited by YoloinOhio

I still think that title belongs to Fred.

Sammy looks like a great player but "heart and soul" is a title not easily or quickly earned.

Well...I guess it depends on what heart and soul means. I think Sammy has already won us more games in his incredibly short career than fred has. Sammy is constantly making plays with the game on the line. Sammy is a natural winner. Truly great players shine when it matters most which is exactly what he has done. I believe that Sammy is a huge reason why we are winning the games now that we always used to lose. We have always lacked that player who steps up when the game is on the line.

Who would the team miss more due to injury? We are 2-0 without fred. How would we do if Sammy was the one that we lost?

If heart and soul means most popular, then fine...Fred wins.

They better resign him now before he goes to the Patriots. There is only a 2% chance the league doesn't allow it.

I'm surprised the league hasn't force the bills to trade him to the Pats yet.

Kinda like how they told Vick to hide in Philly.

Edited by The Wiz

possibly a thinly veiled attempt to carry his Fred crusade to the Sammy thread.

Or maybe Sammy is the most important player on this team after only 8 games by a long shot (Orton is the next most important, then a bunch of defenders, then a couple offensive lineman, then chandler, then maybe fred). He is the one who is stepping up when the game is on the line. If heart and soul doesn't directly tie back to results, then why does everyone even care who the heart and soul is?

I am liking Tampa Bob's trolling. He went after the one guy that is universally loved and respected by fans, teammates and opponents (read what Belicheck says about him someday). We all know that Fred is a great player, ambassador, leader and person. If you want to get attention as a troll you can't just say something like "EJ sucks" because 3/4 of the people will agree. If you want to earn respect as a troll you need to take on the biggest challenge. It's like punching the biggest bully in the face to gain respect on the schoolyard. Once he establishes troll credit on Fred it's easy to trash stiffs like Hogan, Pears, Lee Smith, Chris Williams, Hackett, etc... Keep up this really awkward crusade!!!

Edited by Kirby Jackson

You know who's NOT the OROY for us?

The first round QB we won't have with our #1 draft pick next year, that's who.

GO BILLS!!!

There isn't a QB worth a #1 draft pick in next years draft anyways. Take the $$ from not having that pick and use it to re-sign/extend impact players already on the team.

Honestly, how can any Bills fan who has been paying attention be upset that it is unlikely we will draft a QB soon? Any QB we've had worth anything in over a decade was not drafted by us.

heard a related stat about the Chiefs. They have not had a QB who they drafted themselves win a game for them since Todd Blackledge almost 30 years ago. Edited by YoloinOhio

heard a related stat about the Chiefs. They have not had a QB who they drafted themselves win a game for them since Todd Blackledge almost 30 years ago.

I went ahead and looked it up. Here is a list of every QB drafted by the Bills since 1986 (the year I was born):

EJ Manuel

Levi Brown

Trent Edwards

J.P. Losman

Todd Collins

Matt Rodgers

Brian McClure

That is terrible. I would say Collins is the best? I'm not the oldest, but I'm not young and that is really bad list.

(btw this link is good for filtering historical draft results http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/draft-finder.cgi).