PPP Prognosticators

It's Game Day. Make your picks

Senate:

Orman wins Kansas and the Democrats end the day with 45 registered plus 3 Independents who caucus with them.

Republicans pick u a bunch of seats (AR, AK, CO, ID, SD, WV)

Republican momentum is stalled at the finish line, ending the day with 50 seats. Losing Kansas costs them the majority outright

Senate stands at 50-48 Republican

Louisiana and Georgia both go to a runoff

Governorships:

Florida: Democrats pick up the win for the first time this century by returning a former Republican to office

Wisconsin: Walker wins his 3rd gubernatorial election in 4 years

Pennsylvania: Corbett's toast

Ohio: John Kasich wins easily and quietly begins a 2016 run

New Mexico: Susana Martinez wins easily and contemplates a run in 2016

New York: Cuomo wins easily and not so quietly contemplates a run in 2016

House:

Republicans quietly pick up a couple seats.

Edited by /dev/null

I'm too upset to make predictions as I was humiliated and disenfranchised this morning when I went to vote. Here's what happened:

The two 75 year-old ladies at the 'A-G' desk asked me for my *gasp* identification before they would hand me my ballot!! And then they drew a red line through my name on a list that was generated by the Republican Registrar of Voters!!

Was anyone else subjected to this type of voter intimidation??

My prediction is that Republicans will still be angry no matter the outcome

Wake up Rip Van Winkle. Liberal idiots like you took over the angry role 15 years ago.

Republicans will continue to make gains across the whole country, picking up a record number of State Assemblies and local government positions.

The GOP will get the majority the US. Senate, even while losing the Oklahoma seat, but pulling the upset in New Hampshire, and several other "surprising" states.

I'm too upset to make predictions as I was humiliated and disenfranchised this morning when I went to vote. Here's what happened:

The two 75 year-old ladies at the 'A-G' desk asked me for my *gasp* identification before they would hand me my ballot!! And then they drew a red line through my name on a list that was generated by the Republican Registrar of Voters!!

Was anyone else subjected to this type of voter intimidation??

Funny. After all these years posting with you on this board, I had no idea you were a colored person.

My prediction is that Republicans will still be angry no matter the outcome

Funny. After all these months posting with you on this board, I had no idea you could sound more ridiculous than you have the past two days.

Following the runoffs, the Senate will remain deadlocked or in Dems favor when you count the Indep as a D.

I voted straight Republican today. Haven't done that in a while. Our PA Republican governor is going down in flames. When you cut education, you're f$%^ed every time. But it was nice of him to do some of the necessary dirty work in spite of it costing him. He also got a little Paterno on him in the Penn State rape and coverup scandal and that didn't help.

The Rs are going to pick up at least 7 seats, LA is going to a run off, Alaska won't be done for 2 weeks, GA will be an easy R win, and Kansas, the most Red State in the union, is never ever going to vote for an I...with control of the Senate on the line.

:lol:

Hindsight is fun. But ask yourself: "why did we ever think Kansas was going to do anything other than elect and R under these conditions, and, who the F ever thought Texas was going to turn blue?"

I mean, don't these stories seem silly today?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Now the challenge: What to do with what they've got. It's time for a bit of a macro view by planning legislation that builds toward a Republican win in 2016 as well as clear the Reid-built log jam and show the nation that Congress can work if led effectively and efficiently. (I probably should apologize now for using the words Congress, effectively and efficiently in the same sentence.)

My prediction is that they still won't accomplish anything in the next 2 years.

well except to reiterate that they all want Obama's policies to fail.

Which will put 600 bills waiting to go to Obama and Obama himself sitting on the 300.

My prediction is that they still won't accomplish anything in the next 2 years.

well except to reiterate that they all want Obama's policies to fail.

Depends on what you mean by "accomplish." I think they'll pass lots of bills. I think they'll all be vetoed, and very few of them will become laws. And I think the Republicans in Congress would consider that "accomplishment."

At some point, it'll probably become an "I'm rubber, you're glue" game of each accusing the other of being obstructionist (Obama claiming Congress is obstructing his agenda, Congress complaining Obama's obstructing their legislative work). That'll be completely sickening.

Depends on what you mean by "accomplish." I think they'll pass lots of bills. I think they'll all be vetoed, and very few of them will become laws. And I think the Republicans in Congress would consider that "accomplishment."

At some point, it'll probably become an "I'm rubber, you're glue" game of each accusing the other of being obstructionist (Obama claiming Congress is obstructing his agenda, Congress complaining Obama's obstructing their legislative work). That'll be completely sickening.

yet very satisfying for Republicans... :D

they have always bickered and may continue to bicker for ever. that's why we need to get rid of the hard nose "my way or the highway" types that have had seats for over a decade.

We The People, not We the Republican's, or We the Democrats.

The day after the elections.... gas prices rose 2 to 5 cents in NoVa

what is Congress approval rating again? 14%.....

you think all the incumbents would be gone.

they have always bickered and may continue to bicker for ever. that's why we need to get rid of the hard nose "my way or the highway" types that have had seats for over a decade.

But the past six years has been more than bickering. It's been honest-to-God animosity and minimization of the opposing party as unworthy of recognition. Even during Bush's second term, while the animosity was there, there was still the recognition of needing to work with the other party. Until September 29, 2008, at least.

But the past six years has been more than bickering. It's been honest-to-God animosity and minimization of the opposing party as unworthy of recognition. Even during Bush's second term, while the animosity was there, there was still the recognition of needing to work with the other party. Until September 29, 2008, at least.

When the Leftist Leadership got exactly what they wanted - a financial crisis that they could bludgeon the Republicans with.