'Cuse Hoops 2014-15 - New York's College Team!!!

The Poojer

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, no. Not at all. (Bernie Fine)

NCAA punishing kids who had nothing to do with it - and they weren't even coached or had anything to do with Sandusky. He was gone for what 15 years already?

Hypocrisy is great.

what about Bernie Fine???? don't throw unproven allegations out there, that isn't fair. and this has NOTHING to do with a culture of molesting young boys...these allegations are directly related to student athletes and the rules both the student athletes and the programs have to file. I don't know what the right punishment for Penn State should have been, sure the players don't deserve what happened, but they got their wins back, but the 2 situations are completely different. come on, you are better than that.

Oh, no. Not at all. (Bernie Fine)

NCAA punishing kids who had nothing to do with it - and they weren't even coached or had anything to do with Sandusky. He was gone for what 15 years already?

Hypocrisy is great.

so if people are now going to compare Cuse infractions to Penn St. mess, , does that mean the NCAA will change some of the penalties leveled, and JB will get wins back after he dies, if that is the case NCAA will have screwed up again, as for Fine, when he was accused it was big news, when noting came of investigation it wasn't , JB defended his friend, and you got to know NCAA was not happy about that one little bit

Edited by rumblefish

Good for Paterson. I was getting real sick of hearing JB tearing him apart in local radio interviews.

I agree. Gotta cut that kid some slack. He did a lot of positive things. Solid defender, great passer, and he really moved well without the ball and finished well near the rim.

I hope he does well at his next school.

I agree. Gotta cut that kid some slack. He did a lot of positive things. Solid defender, great passer, and he really moved well without the ball and finished well near the rim.

I hope he does well at his next school.

That was my favorite part of his game. He really was great on those back cuts. Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

what about Bernie Fine???? don't throw unproven allegations out there, that isn't fair. and this has NOTHING to do with a culture of molesting young boys...these allegations are directly related to student athletes and the rules both the student athletes and the programs have to file. I don't know what the right punishment for Penn State should have been, sure the players don't deserve what happened, but they got their wins back, but the 2 situations are completely different. come on, you are better than that.

Why isn't Fine back on SU's bench? I actually don't know.

But, my main point is that anybody here who was calling for the NCAA to come down hard on Penn State is a friggin hypocrite.

A legend, the AD, and the president were all fired IIRC. The perpetrator is in jail for the rest of his life. It was a criminal matter, and the NCAA should have had nothing to do with it.

If any of you were calling for the firings, and obviously everybody wanted Sandusky sent away forever - that's fine.........But, if you were crying for the death penalty or anything close to what they got (initially) - you're total hypocrites.

I'm fine with what's being said here. Bona, my school, went through a worse scandal and punishment, ending with the death of the Chairman of the Board. I was hoping for the least punishment possible, as well...........But, I wasn't on that PSU thread with any bloodlust.

Might be sour grapes by us and you could be right. But I do think historically teams with the makeup of UVA don't go far in the tourney. You need great guard play and offensive firepower, not physical defense and grinders on offense . It's why Pitt, for example, never goes far in the tourney.

Anyway, rough loss for syracuse. I really thought they could beat them.

I had to come back here and say I was right about UVA.

I am a homer when it comes to Cuse, but even they irk me a little on offense sometimes. I just don't feel any team needs 35 seconds. They just aimlessly pass the ball back and forth or dribble the clock down til there is only 12 seconds left and then run the play. It just gets boring as a fan, and yes, it angers me much more when I'm already frustrated by losing.

We'll see when the tourney comes but I think, and I know I'm going out on a limb here :lol:, that Kentucky is much better built for the tourney. They are great offensively, which often makes people forget how good they are defensively. I could see Virginia not making it past the sweet sixteen. JMO

:nana: Check this post out from right above yours in this thread.