'Cuse Hoops 2014-15 - New York's College Team!!!

The Poojer

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my son told me during the UNC game that he heard a rumor, completely unsubstantiated that Silent G is gone after this season...not sure why or where he'd go, but that is yet another rumor floating around out there....

I have always felt something isn't quite right with him. Almost like mental health issues-- just a wild and probably poor assumption-- but that has been my gut feel.

really? he seems like a lawrence moten type guy to me...quiet, does his business without fanfare, explosive power when he wants to have it. I don't pick up on any potential issues with him....'cept when he is at the line

I have always felt something isn't quite right with him. Almost like mental health issues-- just a wild and probably poor assumption-- but that has been my gut feel.

my son told me during the UNC game that he heard a rumor, completely unsubstantiated that Silent G is gone after this season...not sure why or where he'd go, but that is yet another rumor floating around out there....

I always thought there was something more to the story when he transferred from Duke to Syracuse. Something other than lack of playing time. FWIW, however, I have not heard this rumor and I have a pretty reliable "source" within the Syracuse AD. Not saying it's not accurate, though. Interesting.

really? he seems like a lawrence moten type guy to me...quiet, does his business without fanfare, explosive power when he wants to have it. I don't pick up on any potential issues with him....'cept when he is at the line

Maybe depressed isn't the right word. But moody. I say this based, in part, on him refusing to talk to the media after a bad game this year, and being weirdly quiet when he sat a second half this year.

I could be way off.

Living in Richmond for 20 years you gain a certain disdain for Tech and UVA fans, VCU is where my VA heart lies, then UR...you nailed it with the bow tie comment

How can you hate the hoos? They spent 20 years as doormats.

Not a fan of the bow tie wearing wine and cheese crowd in Charlottesville ?

this was a tough game, Tech's main goal was to get Rak to get fouls on him, he avoided that for the most part. Credit to Bus, he can't shoot, but he had some nice passes and played some stellar defense. Roberson & BJ had respectable games, Joseph played OK, Cooney had a rough night. Silent G stepped up when he needed to, cannot believe he made those free throws, and what a shot at the end!

Buzz Williams is going to have Tech playing at a high level sooner rather than later....not a big fan of him, but he can coach

this was a tough game, Tech's main goal was to get Rak to get fouls on him, he avoided that for the most part. Credit to Bus, he can't shoot, but he had some nice passes and played some stellar defense. Roberson & BJ had respectable games, Joseph played OK, Cooney had a rough night. Silent G stepped up when he needed to, cannot believe he made those free throws, and what a shot at the end!

Buzz Williams is going to have Tech playing at a high level sooner rather than later....not a big fan of him, but he can coach

Agree on everything, including Buzz. He is a heck of a coach and a really good guy.

BJ showed a flash on that dunk and rebound-- but can that guy make a jump shot? Common man!

on that dunk, i thought he broke his leg....thankfully it was just an awkward 'dismount'

Agree on everything, including Buzz. He is a heck of a coach and a really good guy.

BJ showed a flash on that dunk and rebound-- but can that guy make a jump shot? Common man!

Patterson may miss all his shots but at least he takes them. Joseph is way too passive on offense

IMO, Patterson>Joseph right now.

Lucky win despite terrible basketball, and some lucky shots by VT. These next 6 games are going to be interesting.