Manning v. Brady 16

YoloinOhio

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge advantage for New England*

This season has pretty much broken me when it comes to the Patriots* After that tease at the start of the year they look unbeatable and unstoppable again.

They will always be good, they will always win, and they will always crush dreams.

lol

Why does it feel like the regular season meetings between these two are always in Foxboro--anyone have any insight into that? They typically play each other (here and in Indy when Manning played for them) as first place teams playing first place teams in the conference, so you'd think that Manning would get Brady at home every now and then, but to my recollection at least (too lazy to google it) it always seems like they're playing at New England*.....

Why does it feel like the regular season meetings between these two are always in Foxboro--anyone have any insight into that? They typically play each other (here and in Indy when Manning played for them) as first place teams playing first place teams in the conference, so you'd think that Manning would get Brady at home every now and then, but to my recollection at least (too lazy to google it) it always seems like they're playing at New England*.....

My understanding is that it goes in 3 year cycles and this is year 3. Should Denver and New England finish in the same spot in their respective divisions the next three times that happens will be in Denver. Notice we are in Indy this year?

Anyone complaining about the officiating hasn't seen Denver play the last couple of seasons. There games make WWE look respectable. There receivers get away with offensive pass interference just about every pass play. Then there was this play against SD. http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/10/broncos-chargers-fumble-replay-mike-carey-overturn-thursday-night

My understanding is that it goes in 3 year cycles and this is year 3. Should Denver and New England finish in the same spot in their respective divisions the next three times that happens will be in Denver. Notice we are in Indy this year?

Looking at this on Wikipedia, that seems correct, but how asinine that is as a general rule. It also means that the Cheats* have gotten Manning at home three years in a row with the Broncos and 5 or 6 out of the last 8 or 9 against the Colts....

In games where the temperature is below 40 degrees, Peyton Manning's record is 8-12 with 32 touchdowns to 25 interceptions.

put an asterisk next to his accomplishments as playing indoors is a huge career stat advantage over QB's like Jim Kelly & tom brady.

In games where the temperature is below 40 degrees, Peyton Manning's record is 8-12 with 32 touchdowns to 25 interceptions.

put an asterisk next to his accomplishments as playing indoors is a huge career stat advantage over QB's like Jim Kelly & tom brady.

pray for cold in Denver week 14.

Manning is awesome when everything is going his way (the weather, no pressure, great weapons at his disposal). When he doesn't have these, he's not so awesome.

Brady, OTOH, has proven time and time again, that he is awesome no matter the conditions facing him.

That's what separates the two.