BuffaninATL

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way to Doug Martin.

He is beyond horrible

CBF

So I had Martin and have Adrian Peterson in my keeper fantasy league. Surprisingly, I'm doing bad. I have no idea what happened to Martin. He probably just got overrated by one monster game as a rookie.

Call me crazy, but I'd honestly be willing to trade Hughes for a top 5 guard. i think Hughes is an absolute stud, but I think one of the league's premiere guards would benefit this team more than the drop off from Hughes to Byrant/Wynn/Charles would hurt them.

I'll call you crazy. :) Passrushers are worth a million times more than a G. And the backups benefit from Hughes and the starters getting the oline tired. They get to come in fresh.

Hughes is an animal and part of the strength of our team, the defense. I would not want to weaken them at all.

So I had Martin and have Adrian Peterson in my keeper fantasy league. Surprisingly, I'm doing bad. I have no idea what happened to Martin. He probably just got overrated by one monster game as a rookie.

I'll call you crazy. :) Passrushers are worth a million times more than a G. And the backups benefit from Hughes and the starters getting the oline tired. They get to come in fresh.

Hughes is an animal and part of the strength of our team, the defense. I would not want to weaken them at all.

Got that right.

He is beyond overrated

CBF

For the life of me I can't understand this GM going forward with the current OG's, as both still stink even with Urbik in there. What happens if marginally better Urbik gets injured? Richardson again?

Many teams are lacking guards, not just the Bills. You act like Whaley can just run out and get someone better at Wal-Mart. They tried to get better in free agency and the draft. It didn't work. But as I said there is probably less guard talent than QB talent in the NFL right now.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

How about for a Tackle that's better than Cordy Glenn? If we had someone better than Glenn there would be zero reason not to push Glenn to another position. New guy = LT, Glenn = RT, Henderson = RG? With Urbik at LG. That one move could potentially upgrade 3 spots on the line.

Many teams are lacking guards, not just the Bills. You act like Whaley can just run out and get someone better at Wal-Mart. They tried to get better in free agency and the draft. It didn't work. But as I said there is probably less guard talent than QB talent in the NFL right now.

I am not arguing with you at all, but isn't it funny how the guard position has traditionally been an afterthought for most...you don't realize how imortant they are, until your team doesn't have any good ones.

Well thats just wrong.

If I was running the Bills I would bring in Richie Ingognitio to play guard. I would then trade a futer draft pick to Tampa

For Baron there Saftey. If you thought are Def was sick now you ain't seen nothing like what it could be

If you add Baron to a already stacked Defense. I would also deal Spiller for what ever I could get for him.

I don't know. Think about how exotic pass rush schemes are today. Being an O-lineman is tougher now than ever.

Well when you put it that way, its still just not even remotely correct. In fact it makes a stronger argument for the complexity of the QB position and has no bearing on the relative quantity of talent at the respective positions.

That was my first thought too. Imagine my confusion when I looked into the matter more and saw that John Skelton is a free agent right now. We don't even have to trade for him. We can just sign him.

The question is, is he solid at guard?

If I was running the Bills I would bring in Richie Ingognitio to play guard. I would then trade a futer draft pick to Tampa

For Baron there Saftey. If you thought are Def was sick now you ain't seen nothing like what it could be

If you add Baron to a already stacked Defense. I would also deal Spiller for what ever I could get for him.

No one wants RI. His career is over. Folks need to give up that "dream" of getting a slightly above average G who is a complete idiot.

*I* want Richie Incognito.

According to Joe B, Richie is "blackballed" by the entire league. He's never playing again.

Well when you put it that way, its still just not even remotely correct. In fact it makes a stronger argument for the complexity of the QB position and has no bearing on the relative quantity of talent at the respective positions.

We'll just have to disagree. To me the O-line play dictates how effective a QB is. And the decisions the O-line makes pre-snap make or break the play.